Our usual hotel was booked out and we decided to try the Chesterfield based on reviews on Tripadvisor. What a find. A boutique hotel which originally comprised three large houses, everything was exceptional. Service was personalised and wonderful.
The dining area was gorgeous. Had a high tea which turned out to be the best ever. Waiter kept plying us with more cakes, scones, sandwiches, in case we weren’t big enough. We couldn’t eat everything and he packed up the remainder in a beautiful presentation box finished off with a real red carnation (their emblem).
Book a room with breakfast as their breakfast is superb. The breakfast array was amazing – where do you find oatmeal with a side of whiskey! Or alcohol soaked prunes. Fab Eggs Benedict, Florentine or Royale. Most of the breakfast items are ordered from the staff and are beautifully presented.
Can’t say enough good things about this hotel. It’s their attention to detail which makes them a cut above every other hotel we have stayed in London. Even the decorations in the rooms and positioning of figurines and paintings and quality of antiques to be found. Everything seems to be carefully thought of to ensure a unique experience in the surroundings.
They just went the extra mile in every respect. Bed was sumptuous, bed linen high quality and monogrammed. Room had adequate room and all luggage could easily be stored away. High class bath accessories, soft soft towels. Nothing was too much trouble, ask for extra tea bags in the room and you receive a dozen. Fresh milk – no problems (reminded me of one hotel that tried to charge $15). Best in-room breakfast ever. Way too much to eat. Wifi A+ and free – important these days.
Location great and walking distance to dangerous shops in Oxford Street, Kensington and Knightsbridge and also the touristy spots of Buckingham Palace, St James, Piccadilly to name a few. Plenty of restaurants around the area although hard to resist the Chesterfield’s own offerings. Supermarket just around the corner.
Service is above and beyond – can’t recall all the names but all staff are fab without exception. They truly make you feel welcome and important. Old-worlde concierge values which belong to a trusted but fast-vanishing tribe. One even knew where to buy a perfume I have been trying to hunt down for two years.
Can’t rave about this hotel enough. Will definitely be back. Well done Chesterfield and staff. On second thoughts need to move in permanently.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enviably located in exclusive Mayfair, near to designer shopping and many of the city's most iconic attractions, the Regency style hotel feels comparable to a traditional private club. Quiet, calm and efficient service blends with supreme comfort and luxury. Guest rooms and deluxe suites combine superb facilities with relaxing surroundings. The Library, Butlers Restaurant, Conservatory and intimate bar cater for every culinary whim or inclination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your The Chesterfield Mayfair reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel London
- Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel
- Chesterfield Mayfair London
- The Chesterfield Mayfair London, England