“Outstanding Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Outstanding Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

This is a great hotel. Location is outstanding - walking distance to Harrods, Chinatown, and most major attractions. Service is second to none. Every request was handled immediately and with a smile. We have stayed at the Dorchester on previous visits but The Chesterfield Mayfair is our go to location in the future..

• 5 of 5 stars
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to read that your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair was a pleasant and memorable one. I am delighted that you were able to benefit from the hotel’s brilliant location, with so many of London’s wonders within walking distance of the hotel. I greatly appreciate your comments regarding my friendly and welcoming team and I am thrilled that they made sure you were well looked after during your stay with us.

Oliver Raggett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Perth, Western Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

After a long haul flight from Australia you just take a deep breath as you are welcomed into the wonderful charm of this brilliant hotel in the heart of London. The room was compact but but well appointed and we could open the windows. All the room amenities are first class and bed and pillows as we like them. The breakfast is sensational with the staff looking outstanding in their uniforms - like stepping back in time in a good way. I wanted to mention the head doorman was always helpful and gave us excellent advice, and all the staff matched this service level. In the heart of Mayfair means you are staying at a pretty good address so you will expect to pay a little more for accommodation but if the property fits your budget - book now. We look forward for an opportunity to leave the colony and visit The Chesterfield

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you were warmly welcomed to the hotel after your long journey and that you immediately felt at home in our boutique atmosphere. My Executive Housekeeper will be happy to hear that you found the room to be well appointed and that you slept well in the comfortable beds. Thank you for your kind words regarding our professional and caring staff; I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of my team here for making your stay with us so enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Top notch in every way. Little extra gem was the complimentary sherry in the lobby. My friend and I loved our weekend shopping break and will definitely book here again. Afternoon tea is a must . All the staff were genuine , happy and extremely helpful .

Room Tip: Stay as long as you can.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing great feedback of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your weekend stay with us and that you found us to be in a perfect location for your shopping trip, with Bond Street and Oxford Street a short walk from the hotel. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail here at the hotel and I am glad that you appreciated the added touches of sherry in the lobby. Our award winning afternoon tea is a delightful affair and I am thrilled that you had the opportunity to experience our new summer Afternoon Bee during your stay.

I hope to welcome you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I stayed at the Chesterfield for the night as it was my 30th birthday and I planned on staying late (past the last train) in London to celebrate with family and friends. From the moment I arrived, the service was second to none and I was made to feel very special. As soon as I had checked in to my gorgeous room there was a knock on the door and a birthday card from the hotel staff arrived. I got ready and went to have a drink in the hotel bar where Paul and Manos always look after you so well. Later that evening when I returned from my party there was a Happy Birthday cupcake waiting for me on my bedside table.
When i woke up the next morning I was in desperate need of breakfast and was not disappointed. I had the salmon benedict which was delicious and just what I needed having been out for the evening. The breakfast buffet also had all the usual choices, as well as some options that were very different such as the breakfast smoothie and fantastic cakes and breads. All in all, I couldn't have asked for better service.
The Chesterfield really does treat you as an individual and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank EmmaOxley
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased to read that you chose to join us for your birthday celebrations and I am glad that we were able to add to the occasion with our extra touches of a birthday card and cake. We enjoy personalising our guest experience and I am thrilled that you were made to feel special in your home away from home. Our Terrace Bar is a great spot to sit and relax with a drink and I am glad that you had the opportunity to kick off your night in style there whilst being looked after by our Bar Manager Paul and his team. My Restaurant Manager will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast offering and that you appreciated the wide range of choice available, including the delicious smoothie and the freshly made bread. I will be sure to pass your thanks on to all of my team here and thank them for making your stay with us so special.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Having had the good fortune over many years of experiencing the hospitality of some of the premier hotels on a number of continents, I was not expecting to be "blown away" by the quality of The Chesterfield Mayfair. I anticipated I would be staying at a first-class Mayfair hotel. Nothing more, nothing less. There are quite a few of those, and I know some of them quite well. I could not have been more mistaken. The Chesterfield Mayfair struck me as unique from the moment I walked in the door. What I had found was a boutique jewel box of a hotel. I was greeted so warmly and effusively at the front desk by Madeline and her colleagues that it seemed they had been eagerly waiting all day for just my arrival. During the course of the next three days, I realized that the entire staff of the hotel was the epitome of professionalism, graciousness and quiet competence. This extends from the efficient doorman, through to the concierge and the excellent wait staff in the the bar and in Butler's, the superb restaurant on the premises. (Try the Sunday roast if you are there on the weekend. It is the quintessence of tradition and quality, served by the highly competent Antonio and his colleagues.) It is obvious that the management of The Chesterfield Mayfair expects nothing but the best from the staff, and the personnel deliver what is expected of them and what they have been so well trained to do. The bedroom/suite itself, like the rest of the hotel, was immaculate. It truly was a home away from home. And Mayfair, of course, is a most delightful part of London, one of the truly great cities of the world.

The Chesterfield Mayfair is a gem. I can't wait to return. I know I shall, like all guests, be welcomed as an old and valued friend.

Robert M. Toronto

1 Thank robert m
Dear Guest,

It gives me great pleasure to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. We enjoy creating a warm and unique atmosphere throughout the hotel and I am delighted that you have given us the title, a boutique jewel box in Mayfair. My Housekeeper will be happy to hear that you found your room to be immaculate and comfortable. I am glad that you had the opportunity to dine at Butlers Restaurant and experienced the traditional British cuisine and that you particularly enjoyed the roast of the day. We pride ourselves on our high standards of service here at the hotel and I am thrilled that you felt well looked after throughout your stay; from the warm welcome you were given by Madeline and the front office team right through to Antonio in the restaurant. I will be sure to share your review with all of my team here and thank them for making you feel so welcome.

Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

My husband surprised me on our first Wedding Anniversary with a romantic stay at the Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel. From the moment we entered the staff were extremely friendly and made sure that our stay was exactly how my husband had planned. The room was ready early for us allowing us to leave our bags whilst having a shop around London. We went out to a show in the evening and to my delight when we returned to our room the bed was covered in rose petals, a rose and cakes both for our anniversary and my birthday and not forgetting the bottle of champagne!! We had a wonderful evening and wished we could have stayed longer! We hope to return soon (for afternoon tea as the cakes were stunning!) and I would very happily come back to celebrate every future Wedding Anniversary! Thank you again to all the staff!

Dear Guest,

It gives me great pleasure to know that you chose to stay with us for your first wedding anniversary celebrations and that we were able to add to your special occasion. I am thrilled that you were made to feel welcome to the hotel by my friendly and warm staff and that they helped to create a prefect weekend for you. Situated close to the theatre district, The Chesterfield Mayfair is an ideal location for a theatre break and I am glad that you appreciated the romantic touches arranged in your room whilst you were out at the theatre. Afternoon tea at The Chesterfield is well worth a visit, with the delicious scones, pastries and sandwiches and I am delighted to hear that we will be welcoming you back for the full afternoon tea experience.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Our stay at the Chesterfield in Mayfair was delightful. The location is perfect to Bond Street, subway and buses on Picadilly and fabulous restaurants in the area. The hotel is cozy and the staff is attentive. Highly recommend to anyone who enjoys old world ambiance. Well definitely book again next time.

• 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you had a terrific stay at our boutique hotel and that you appreciated the warm and professional service delivered by my team. Our Mayfair location is ideal with Bond Street a short walk away from the hotel and many great restaurants in the area, which I am glad to hear that you took advantage of. I truly appreciate you recommending the hotel and I am thrilled that you felt at home in the cosy atmosphere of the hotel.