“Kindness of the staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
“Kindness of the staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

Everyone on the staff at the hotel was extremely kind, caring and helpful to all our needs and wants. They went out of their way to help us with anything and everything we asked for asap!
We also liked the non fog mirror in the bathroom after a shower or bath! Plus the heated floors in the bathroom were absolutely wonderful.

Enjoyed afternoon tea there and it was delicious! They have gluten free for afternoon tea as well for anyone with celiac or cannot tolerate gluten. The desserts are just to die for!

The area is close to pubs with delicious foods and drinks as well. Looking forward to our next visit at The Chesterfield Mayfair!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased that your enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt warmly welcomed to the hotel. We take great pride in our attention to detail here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and I am glad that you appreciated the extra touches, like the under floor heating in our bathrooms.

It gives me great pleasure to learn that you joined us for our award winning afternoon tea and that you enjoyed the delicious pastries. Thank you also for highlighting our gluten free afternoon tea option. We invest greatly into the training of our staff and I am thrilled that you noticed the professionalism and level of care shown by my team; I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all of the staff here.

As always, I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Oliver Raggett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

Recently my boyfriend and I stayed here for a weekend and now wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in London! Cracking hotel - rooms really nice decor etc, staff were really friendly and so helpful; restaurant very chic with a great, laid-back vibe going on. and is also within easy walking distance of some great bars and restaurants, as well as exciting boutique / vintage shopping opportunities. I Can't wait to go again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you and your boyfriend had a terrific stay with us and that you found the rooms to be comfortable and beautifully decorated. Our location is ideal, with so many fantastic bars and restaurants within a short walking distance of the hotel, and I am glad that you took advantage of the many wonders Mayfair has to offer. Thank you for commenting on the fantastic service that you received throughout the hotel, I will be sure to share your kind words with all of my team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

Second time we have stayed at this lovely hotel, and we were as impressed this time as last. We had a beautiful room, extremely comfortable and all the staff were so friendly and helpful. We had breakfast in the hotel, which was the best breakfast we have tasted and enjoyed dinner in the Butlers Restaurant, which again was delicious. Would recommend this beautiful hotel to anyone who is visiting London.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this terrific review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you returned to The Chesterfield Mayfair once again and that you had a wonderful stay with us. I am glad that you found our traditionally decorated rooms to be so comfortable and well appointed. Breakfast in Butlers Restaurant is indeed a great start to the day and I am thrilled to learn that you were so impressed with the delicious food and the high standard of service that you visited Butlers again for dinner. Thank you for highlighting the friendly and warm service that you experienced throughout your stay, I will be sure to share your thoughtful words with my team.

Weymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

Recently returned from yet another wonderful stay in my second home from home.
I cannot say enough about this wonderful hotel and perfect staff who just seem to know what I want before I know myself!
The restaurant team look after me so well, particularly when I am dining alone on occasion and the food is simply Devine! The bar staff are equally attentive and a credit to Paul the bar manager. The rooms are beautifully managed by all concerned and last but not least the concierge and reception staff are always welcoming. Have I missed anyone? See you all very soon.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Theresa J
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you consider The Chesterfield Mayfair to be your home away from home. We take great pride in our high levels of service and I am thrilled that you felt well looked after by our team here. My Food and Beverage Manager will be glad to hear that you enjoyed a tasty meal in Butlers Restaurant and that you had the opportunity to relax in our Terrace Bar. I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all members of our service team, from the restaurant and bar staff through to the reception, concierge and housekeeping team; we really appreciate when guests notice our dedication.

I look forwarding to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.

Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

During my recent 10 night visit in the U. K. I stayed at 3 lovely hotels. My last 4 nights in London were at the Chesterfield Mayfair. Beautiful hotel and spacious room. As in other European hotels ac/heat cannot be made cooler than 19 Celsius, but I could open the window. Good, thick towels and good, free wifi. Perfect location. Chris the concierge went out of his way to be helpful. Small, free bucket of ice delivered quickly each afternoon when I called. I would love to return to the Chesterfield Mayfair.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Stonewall
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair.

My Executive House Keeper will be happy to hear that you found the rooms to be immaculate and well appointed, especially the fluffy towels. We understand how important internet access is in the daily lives of our guests and I am glad that you appreciated the complimentary wireless internet. Thank you for your comments regarding the dedication and attention to detail shown by my team; I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all of the staff here, especially Chris.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

staff right down to the doorman was fantastic, food out of this world, everything just walking distance away, a must if in London, one o the best ever experience in a hotel I have ever had, world wide traveller

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you had a brilliant stay with us and appreciated the hotel’s convenient location. Our hotel restaurant, Butlers serves traditional British cuisine and I am thrilled to learn that you found the food to be delicious. We pride ourselves on our excellent service here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and it gives me great pleasure that you experienced this from all members of staff that you encountered.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again.

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

I stayed at the Chesterfield during the month of May 2014. I have stayed in all three Mayfair properties in the same area and was very pleased with the Chesterfield. It is an easy walk to Piccadilly, Green Park and other notable sites. The area around the Chesterfield has a number of cozy pubs and restaurants. Particularly in Shepherds Market just around the corner.
The Hotel is in the Boutique Category with quaint location and amenities . The staff was excellent from doorman/front desk to the head bartender. It has an excellent bar with very comfortable seating and a great piano player. One of my favorite features was a very large well appointed library area for reading, coffee or a glass of wine. The rooms are small in the European tradition but comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kenneth617_12
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to read your review and see that you had a marvellous stay in our boutique hotel. I appreciate you highlighting our great location and how we are within walking distance to so many wonderful restaurants and bars.

My Food and Beverage Manager will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere of our Terrace Bar and that you were able to relax in the comfortable seating and enjoy the music from our resident piano player. The library is the perfect setting for a quiet drink and I am thrilled that the room has left such a lasting impression on you. Thank you for your kind words about the service you experienced throughout the hotel from the doorman, to the front desk staff, to the bartender, we really do appreciate when guests notice our deadication.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.