“2 fantastic days at chesterfield”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #13 of 1,069 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Derry, United Kingdom
“2 fantastic days at chesterfield”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Had 2 fantastic days at chesterfield what a beautiful hotel, the staff were really lovely.we had dinner there which was really really good, & afternoon tea which was amazing,also very close to shops etc, definitely will stay again

Room Tip: Room very quiet & beautifully decorated
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this great review.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you were so impressed with The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel. I am delighted to learn that you had the opportunity to sample the delicious, traditional British cuisine of Butlers Restaurant and my Restaurant Manager will be happy to hear that you appreciated the warm ambiance of the restaurant. We pride ourselves on our service here at the hotel and I am glad that you found the staff throughout the hotel to be so welcoming and friendly; I will be sure to share your thoughtful review with my team here.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the near future.

Oliver Raggett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Stamford, CT
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed at The Chesterfield twice over the holiday. The hotel was recommended by my husband's sister and it did not disappoint. We stayed for 2 nights, then went to Paris because everything in London shuts down for 3 days over Christmas and then came back for 3 nights. We were traveling with our sons, 21 and 17. We had a suite both times and the boys shared a room with two singles beds. The rooms are not huge, but they are very functional and comfortable. Each day we had some little treats delivered to our room, which was a nice touch.

The real gems are the people who work at the hotel. Everyone at the front desk proved to be very professional and helpful. Chris and Darren, the concierges never led us astray. They had lots of tips about getting around and where to go. Additionally, they suggested that we store half of our luggage with them when we went to Paris which made the travel to Paris a lot easier.

Having breakfast included in your rate is also great as it was nice to start each day with a good meal before running around the city all day. We also had High Tea at the hotel which was a lot of fun, but very pricey. We would definitely go back to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank NFB56
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this great review.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you were impressed with your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel. I am delighted to know that you found the rooms to be comfortable and of the decor to be of a high standard. We take great pride in our attention to detail and I am thrilled that you appreciated the extra touches of evening treats delivered to the room.

I am glad that you found the staff throughout the hotel to be so friendly and eager to help. I will be sure to share your thoughtful review with my team here, especially Chris and Darren who made sure you found your way around London and gave expert advice on everything to see and do in the city. Breakfast served in Butlers Restaurant is a must before heading out to explore London and I am thrilled that you had the opportunity to enjoy this each morning.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2014

What a lovely Hotel, our room was beautiful and the staff outstanding. The location is fantastic for sightseeing, walking distance to Hyde Park the best shops and all of London's attractions. The staff are very friendly and very informative making sure we had wonderful stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Daves2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your great experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you found us to be in a perfect location, centrally located and close to all the wonderful sights, shopping areas and attractions that London has to offer. My Executive Housekeeper will be happy to hear that you found the room to be beautifully decorated and well appointed. Thank you for your kind words regarding the staff at The Chesterfield Mayfair and how they were extremely helpful and attentive. I will be sure to share your thanks with all of the team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed January 8, 2014

It was our first time at the chesterfield and I am confident we will come back. the hotel is very nice and the staff are very friendly and helpful. the location is very central yet in a nice quiet neighbourhood.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Einat R
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you chose to stay with us and that you enjoyed your stay. We take great pride in our service here at The Chesterfield and I am glad that you appreciated our welcoming and caring staff. The hotel is tucked away in the heart of Mayfair yet within walking distance to the vibrant Bond Street, Green Park and Piccadilly areas and I am thrilled that you found the location so convenient.

We are always ready to welcome you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was charming and the rooms were delightful. I was particularly impressed by the small embellishments of a double room upgrade as we were newly weds, free champagne and hand written cards from the staff congratulating us on our nuptials.
The hotel would have gotten five stars if not for the weird debate we had when checking out when we asked a phone call to be deducted from the bill as we were not at the hotel at that time. It was unfortunate that mgmt decided to challenge us on this! Other wise a charming hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sammy M
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you chose to stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair for your wedding night. I am glad that we were able to add to the special occasion with our tokens of a card and Champagne as this is such a special moment in your life. It was our pleasure to accommodate you in our beautiful Junior Suite to start your honeymoon in style.

Whilst I am pleased that you found our staff to be friendly and willing to help; I am sorry there was confusion over the telephone charge when you were checking out. I have requested my Front Office Manager be aware of how she presents queries when clarifying items on a bill in future.

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you again on the start of your married life together and I look forward to welcoming you to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This is a lovely hotel - with a standout staff. Friendly checkin and continuing service throughout my stay. The rooms have character but with all the amenities you require including a wonderfully comfortable bed.

Bar was nice - though quiet - and restaurant excellent.
I was suffering bad jet lag during my short stay and this hotel was a haven.
It is not cheap - though where in London is? - but the location is fabulous, only a five-ten minute walk to Piccadilly and Green Park, one of my favourite areas.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Travelling_Deborah
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great satisfaction to know that you enjoyed your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair and that the staff have left such a lasting impression with you. My Executive Housekeeper will be delighted to hear that you found the rooms to be well appointed and also the beds to be extremely comfortable, allowing you to sleep restfully after your journey. I am delighted that you had the opportunity to relax and unwind in our Terrace Bar as well as sampling the delights of our traditionally British restaurant, Butlers. I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel’s location to be so convenient for you and that you appreciated how Green Park, Bond Street and Piccadilly are within walking distance of the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Very British hotel in the heart of Mayfair. Not the top luxury but for Mayfair the room price is very reasonable.
The rooms are a bit old fashioned, but quite charming. Staff is very friendly.
Fire alarm went off a few times. Decent apology letter from hotel management. No discount for the inconvenience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Willem G
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am glad that you appreciated our traditional boutique hotel; The Chesterfield Mayfair is a historic building from the 18th century which adds a great amount of character and charm to the hotel and guests enjoy the heritage that we reflect in our decor. Please accept my apologies for the disruption caused by the fire alarm although I am pleased to hear that the false alarm was handled swiftly to minimise inconvenience and that my Senior Manager kept you fully informed. I am delighted to hear that you found the staff to be outstanding throughout your stay as our service is something we take great pride in.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.