“Wonderful stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Marbella, Spain
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Second time to The Chesterfield Mayfair and it is still an outstanding place to stay. We opted for the 3 for 2 suite stay and really enjoyed our suite (Mayfair Suite). Breakfast is fantastic and staff in general very attentive and service minded - nothing is too much trouble.

Room Tip: Book a suite - you wont regret it
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review.

It is fantastic to learn that you have returned once again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel and that this stay was just as enjoyable and memorable as before. I am thrilled that you found the staff to be kind and helpful and I am sure that they will be grateful for your thoughtful words.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Oliver Raggett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
West Midlands
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My mother and I had a wonderful weekend at the Chesterfield Mayfair. Room and breakfast was great. Loved the afternoon tea too.

What really makes this hotel special is the staff who work there who are quite simply the most helpful and lovely people you could meet.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair.

It gives me great pleasure to hear that you and your mother had a fantastic stay with us and that you felt right at home. I am delighted that you had the opportunity to sample our award winning afternoon tea and that you really enjoyed the experience. I am very proud that you found my team to be so attentive and friendly and I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again soon.

New Forest
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We visited in November on on special offer which included an afternoon tea and bottle of champagne. It offered some of the best value we could find for a Thursday to Saturday stay.
The service from every member of staff is exceptional. Our last stay was at the Hilton Courthouse off Regent street(fabulous location).This hotel provides everything in in personal service that was missing from the Hilton.
We have used many five star hotels in London over the years and can't really see what they offer over this lovely establishment.
The rooms are a little compact and perhaps a bit of remodelling is required but everything is well kept. The whole place has the feeling of an old English club. Whenever you make a request of any nature it is always completed without fuss and upon the first time of asking.
It is not the very last word in luxury but offers good quality accommodation with service that can't be beaten any any price.
The afternoon tea was another high quality experience, although lacking the grand ambiance of the Ritz the service and food were at least a match. In fact the service was superior in that it's just so friendly but always entirely professional.
Breakfast was great with a reasonable buffet selection. I made a complete mess of ordering from the menu for my wife, when it arrived and it was obvious I had cocked it all up, the waiter just whisked it all away including my order, started from scratch so that we had breakfast together. Fabulous!
We have stayed in the past and would always return if we didn't feel the need to try other locations.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at the hotel and that you were able to take advantage of the fantastic Mayfair Weekend package. We enjoy creating a warm and family like atmosphere here at our boutique hotel and I am glad that you appreciated the English club feel.

We pride ourselves on our high level of service here at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel and I am thrilled that you recognise the dedication and professionalism of the staff. I will be sure to thank all of my team on your behalf for taking such good care of you, especially the restaurant team who made sure your afternoon tea was an experience to remember and that you and your wife began your day with exactly the hearty breakfast you wished for.

I look forward to welcoming you once again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Athens, Georgia
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I recently stayed at the Chesterfield with my daughter while in London for the weekend. Everything was great about our stay! Wonderful, pretty room; comfy beds; great linens; quiet; amazing staff - from front desk, to restaurant, to the maids! Delicious, huge breakfast, delightful afternoon tea. Will be my first hotel choice when in a London!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this great review.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you were so impressed with The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel. I am delighted to know that you found the rooms to be comfortable and of the decor to be of a high standard. We pride ourselves on our service here at the hotel and I am glad that you found the staff throughout the hotel to be so friendly and eager to help; I will be sure to share your thoughtful review with my team here.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed last weekend at the Chesterfield and cannot express how lovely this place is. The building, the rooms the staff, the afternoon tea, the breakfast, the service - all exceptional. We chose to stay for 2 nights on the Mayfair weekend package which included breakfast, a bottle of champagne and afternoon tea for 2.

I emailed ahead to ask for one of the recently refurbished rooms and am glad I did as it was roomy and very well presented. The bathroom was nice with soft towels and a good shower/bath. The room was well equipped with an iron/ironing board, hairdryer, robes, slippers etc. It even had a drawer full of stationary including sellotape! Very handy for business visitors I guess. The bed was excellent... One of the best hotel beds I have ever stayed in!

We took afternoon tea on the first day and this was very nice (although not good if you are on a diet!). The tea's were fantastic (especially the Willy Wonka Chocolate Tea, try this without milk) and the cakes and scones were heavenly.

The breakfast was very good with a good buffet selection followed by a choice of something on the menu. I had an English Breakfast and the Smoked Salmon and Eggs on a bagel - both were very very nice! The service was good on the first morning and average on the second (although that particular staff member seemed new?).

We were given an anniversary card signed by the manager and some of the staff and a cupcake with happy anniversary written on it which was a nice touch!

The location is excellent and is a short walk to many great restaurants in Mayfair. It is a 5-10 minute walk New Bond Street and Regent Street for shopping and 5 minutes to Park Lane.

All in this hotel goes the extra mile for it's guests and deserves a 5 star rating, I understand why this is rated so highly on Trip Advisor and will certainly be returing!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 416 which is newly refurbished. Not massive, but big enough!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you chose to stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair for your anniversary and I am glad that we were able to add to the special occasion. I am delighted that we had the opportunity to speak to you prior to your arrival and that the room we chose for you exceeded your expectations and that it was well equipped, right down to our complete stationery kit. We value the importance of a good night’s rest and I am glad that you had such a peaceful sleep at The Chesterfield Mayfair.

I am thrilled that you indulged in our afternoon tea and found the pastries and scones to be delicious and that you were able to wash them down with our exclusive blend of chocolate tea. We understand how essential a good breakfast is to start the day and I am happy that our fresh and varied buffet and our breakfast menu offered you many tasty choices. We take great pride in our service here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and I am pleased that you found our staff to be friendly and willing to help; I will be sure to thank them on your behalf.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Dallas, TX
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have just returned from weekend stay at the hotel. The hotel is very centrally located (about 5 minutes from Green Park on the Picadilly line) but on a quiet street so there is not much ambient noise when you are trying to sleep. I booked a single knowing the room would be small and it was but it was very nicely furnished and had everything I needed. I found the bed to be quite comfortable. The tolietries included: shampoo, conditioner, bath/shower gel, and lotion. Each night I was left bath salts or bubble bath with the turn down service.

The check in was very efficient - I arrived a little before noon and my room was not ready, they happily stored my luggage and I was able to head out to explore. When I returned around 3pm they had already moved my suitcase to my room. Departure was equally as efficient and having called down just before I headed down they had a cab waiting for me.

I enjoyed afternoon tea at the hotel. The selection of sandwiches and pastries were tasty and the presentation very nice as well. Although no one stopped by to check on me after the tea and food were delivered which I thought was a bit odd.

My only complaint was that the Wifi signal in my room (413) was very weak. My iPhone could not pick up the signal at all and my tablet could only pick up the weak signal and dropped it frequently. The signal was quite strong in the lobby and resturaunt though.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this brilliant review of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased that the hotel’s location was so convenient for you; central yet tucked away in a peaceful corner in Mayfair. My Executive Housekeeper will be happy to hear that you found the room to be well appointed and that you appreciated the range of toiletries offered in your room as well as the extra touches added at turn down.

I am delighted to hear that the reception team ensured that you were warmly welcomed to the hotel and that we were able to anticipate your needs by making sure a taxi was waiting for you on your departure. The afternoon tea selection at The Chesterfield Mayfair is delicious and I am glad that you too enjoyed the experience and that it has left a lasting impression on you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We--my husband and I--stayed at Chesterfield during the second part of our honeymoon in April 2013. We had previously stayed at The Arch London and wanted to try something different for a few days. Opting for a weekend package that included afternoon tea, we had excellent service during our stay. With a doorman that always helped us with the door when returning with our shopping bags, I was pleasantly surprised at the wonderful service. We stayed in the Classic Double room--the smallest. But the space was more than enough for the 2 of us during our stay. The best part undoubtedly was the Afternoon Tea. My husband and I spent our Sunday afternoon enjoying their pastries and tea for over 2 hours. Certainly something not to be missed! The nearest tube is Green Park and is a 10-minute walk from the hotel. However, we had no trouble finding our way around. The hotel is located conveniently in Mayfair and we walked most of the way. I loved the time we spent in Chesterfield!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BeckyBenett
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you chose to spend your honeymoon with us at The Chesterfield Mayfair and it gives me great pleasure to learn that you had a wonderful and memorable stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that the brilliant service that you received at the hotel has left a lasting impression with you. I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of my team here, especially our doorman who is always smiling and waiting to welcome all guests to the hotel. Our award winning afternoon tea is a great way to spend an afternoon, sipping on tea and sampling the cakes and pastries created by our Executive Chef and I am glad that you got to experience it.

I hope to welcome you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.