“Comfortable, refined and all with a smile.”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #14 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I love this part of London as it is so convenient for everywhere but this was the first time I have stayed in the Chesterfield and it certainly won't be my last.
Firstly all the staff we came into contact with were extremely friendly, helpful and always had a smile (it's a small thing but make such a difference to the feel of a place).
Everything about the place seems designed and furnished to make you feel comfortable and at home in your surroundings without going over the top. This is a beautiful and refined part of London, the Chesterfield reflects this.
The room was a good size with a lovely big bed. The bathroom, whilst not huge, was good. My partner was particularly happy with the powerful shower after a hard days shopping.
We ordered room service one night, which was with us within 30 minutes. Everything was very tasty, perfectly cooked and good sized portions.
I know there are cheaper places to stay in London but if you want easy access to the mayhem of shopping in Oxford and Regent Street or or the calm of shopping in Bond Street and the surrounding area. If you want the heady nightlife of Soho or the cosy village atmosphere of the pubs and restaurants around Shepherd Market (just around the corner off Curzon St). If you want to take in a show ("Once" at the Phoenix Theatre is fantastic. Never enjoyed a show as much as this before) or see the sights, this hotel gives you the perfect base to do it all from. We never used the tube once as everything is within walking distance (or a very short cab ride).
So thank you to everyone at the Chesterfield Mayfair for making it one of the best trips to London my partner and I have had.
We look forward to staying with you again soon.

Room Tip: We had a superior king room that was on the corner of the 3rd floor. We were not bothered by any noi...
2  Thank JulianRD
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and that The Chesterfield Mayfair contributed to such an enjoyable time in London. I am thrilled to learn that you found the staff to be friendly and caring and that you truly felt at home in the hotel.
Mayfair is the perfect London location for a busy weekend of shopping and sight seeing and the hotel is conveniently located in the hub of all the action. I am glad that you enjoyed room service from the comfort of your own room and by the sound of it you needed a relaxing night in of delicious comfort food after all you day’s activities.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again.

There are newer reviews for The Chesterfield Mayfair

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed 2 nights in the Mayfair Suite and would find it very hard to fault. The room has the all the fixture and fittings you would want including a bang up to date technology. Lots and lots of very nice little extras including a hand written personalised welcome note from the Hotel Manager. The staff put a lot of effort in going that extra mile to exceed even my high
expectation. Attentive but not over bearing. I can really recommend a stay and will be returning there before anywhere else. Well Done The Chesterfield.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Dale681917

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this great review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.
I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the fine decor of The Mayfair Suite as well as the extra touches that I am glad to know added to your stay. Thank you for your kind words regarding the professional and willing staff here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and I will be sure to share your thoughtful words with all of my team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a fabulous Hotel - perfect location, 2 mins walk from Piccadilly, 10 mins from Oxford and Regent Streets. Buckingham Palace and the Royal Parks are also just 5 mins away, so for both shopping and sightseeing it cant be beaten.

The staff are the best I've ever experienced, from Maddie and Letitia on reception through to Manos in the bar, you are made to feel so welcome and nothing is too much trouble.

You feel as though you are in your own private club, which is so refreshing compared to the anonymous chains - it really is the staff that make such a difference to your stay.

Our bedroom was so quiet and comfortable, and I particularly enjoyed the "Jacuzzi Bath".!!

So if you want to stay in a Hotel that has fantastic staff, rooms and location the Chesterfield Mayfair simply can't be beaten.

2  Thank Paulwiganttc

Dear Guest,

I am pleased that you found us to be in an ideal location, with many of London’s main attractions only a short walk away from the hotel, making sightseeing and shopping in the city a more enjoyable activity.

We pride ourselves on our personal and friendly service here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and I am delighted that you felt well looked after by our motivated staff. I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of the team here, especially Letitia, Maddie and Manos. I am thrilled that you appreciated the warm and cosy atmosphere of our boutique hotel and that The Chesterfield Mayfair has left such a lasting impression with you.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I would highly recommend the Chesterfield Hotel in Mayfair. The location is ideal for touring, theater, museums, dining, as well as shopping. It is centrally located near the tubes and buses to control your expenses while in London. The hotel is cheerful, clean, and an overall "happy" place to stay. The concierge desk manned by Chris is great. Chris was always making sure my dinner reservations and all my questions were answered with a smile. The rooms are not particularly large but definitely adequate. The bathroom is bright and perfect for makeup. The temperature control in the room was great and once my head hit the pillow I was sound asleep. Even the hotel is not rated 5 star, housekeeping came in late to turn down the bed, add a candy or surprise on the pillow, and straightened the bathroom. In the drawers were hairdryer, electrical adapter, scissors, sticky pad for notes, etc. I will certainly return on my next trip to London.

2  Thank stephanie s

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you found the hotel’s location so convenient for all of your activities in London and that you appreciated being so close to Green Park underground station and bus stops as well.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had a memorable stay at our lively hotel and that you met so many of our wonderful Chesterfield personalities, including Chris our concierge. I am thrilled that you appreciated the warm and professional service delivered by Chris and that he was able to assist you with restaurant bookings and London requests

My Executive Housekeeper will be happy to hear that you found the rooms to be clean and well appointed and that you had a great night’s sleep. I am also glad that appreciated the extra touches in the room and that you noticed our attention to detail throughout the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

My wife and I brought our 11 year old granddaughter to London for her birthday. The hotel had a very nice gift bag for her upon arrival, We had inquired about a roll away bed for our granddaughter but we were notified that two adults and a child must book a junior suite at the minimum. So we booked a junior suite. When we arrived in our room there was only one bed and no sofa that could be made into a bed, only a very small sitting area with two wicker type chairs. I assumed that they would bring in a temporary child size bed for the evening. When we returned to our room there was no second bed. I called the front desk to ask about this and was told that they thought we could all sleep in the one bed and there was no room for another. I observed that if they intended for us to stay in one bed, that we could certainly could have booked a regular room with one bed and saved a substantial amount. So on our first night, after a long day of travel from Los Angeles, we all tried to sleep in the same bed. The next morning I expressed my displeasure to the manager and was told that they would move us to a different junior suite with a second bed. This room was acceptable. I surmised that our first room was like the "Old Maid" that they give to anyone they think might not complain and then switch if they do complain. If you are booking a room for 3 people who do not expect to be bed mates all, be sure to insist before you arrive that you want two beds. I was worried that Trip Advisor had let me down with this recommendation.

The balance of the stay, however, was fine. The Chesterfield is located across the street from the Saudi Embassy and a block from Berkley Square. We could walk to the Changing of the Guard and some really great shopping. The restaurant is pleasant and serves a delicious breakfast. The lobby is traditional, warm and inviting. We felt like we were entering an exclusive private club every time we walked through the front door. We would stay here again but would pay much closer attention to the room they try to put us in.

Room Tip: Do not book the junior suite with the green floral pattern and the wicker furniture. Do not know abo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank HPH360

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to provide feedback of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you chose to celebrate your granddaughter’s birthday with us and I am delighted that we were able to add to the special occasion with a gift bag for her on her arrival.

Each room at The Chesterfield is uniquely decorated and we pride ourselves on being able to allocate our guests to suitable rooms; I am disappointed to learn that you were not assigned a room fit for your entire family on your first night; I have personally spoken to my Front Office Manager who will ensure retraining is carried out so this incident does not reoccur.

Once settled into your new room, I am thrilled that you felt at home in our comfortable and warm hotel and that you enjoyed beginning each day with a tasty breakfast in our Butler’s Restaurant.

I hope to welcome you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I booked the Chesterfield Mayfair for four days over a weekend in November. I took up their special offer Mayfair Weekend which proves for some great extras including champagne, afternoon tea and a late check out. The holiday was for my wife and I and our two friends. This was the third year that we have stayed at the hotel.

We were greeted warmly by the staff and throughout our four days, nothing was too much trouble. It is difficult to pick out one member of staff above the others as everyone we met was extremely helpful. Even at our departure we were made to feel that we were leaving our second home and would be welcome back soon.

Quite honestly having experienced the excellent service this hotel provides, I cannot imagine staying anywhere else when we visit London.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Tony B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted you have chosen to return to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel and that we are your preferred hotel in London. The Mayfair Weekend package is a brilliant offer that really does allow you to make the most of the weekend with a bottle of Champagne on arrival, full English breakfast on each day of your stay, afternoon tea for two and of course a late check out, to allow you more time to explore London.

I am thrilled that the brilliant service at The Chesterfield Mayfair has left such a lasting impression with you and I am glad to hear that the staff went out of their way to make you feel at home with us. I will be sure to thank all the team on your behalf for making sure that you received the best care during your stay.

We are always ready to welcome you at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Great location, wonderful rooms, clean and efficient staff and a real London feel sums this hotel up. I stayed here last weekend with my other half and we had the most wonderful, relaxing stay courtesy of the Chesterfield Mayfair. On the pricey end of the spectrum, but this is London and you get what you pay for.

1  Thank Angelica N
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this great review.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your recent stay in our traditional British hotel and that you found us to be in the perfect location. I am thrilled that The Chesterfield Mayfair was the ideal spot for you to rest and to allow my enthusiastic and obliging staff to take fantastic care of you; I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of the team here.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.