Stayed here in August with 3 teens. Booked directly with the hotel - called number as the online options with breakfast were confusing. Mr. Sparrow who answered was wonderful and considerate - he helped me to find the best value for two rooms, added breakfasts at no charge for my husband and I because our room rate did not come with breakfast. He simply said, "thought you would like to eat breakfast with your family". I gave him to wrong check out date and called him a day later (at 5 pm London time) and he cheerfully made the switch with no penalties. From the beginning the service was excellent.
The rooms were traditional, elegant and quiet even though they faced the street. Comfortable beds, good shower with rain head and hand held, nice toiletries, good a/c. Our room was small but not uncomfortable, the kids had a large suite with 2 showers and large closet. Breakfast was good and filling with more options than the website shows. We had the Chocolate tea and everything was delicious, especially the house tea blend. Staff was very friendly and helpful. They offered to pack things up for us to take up to the room.
Hotel is on a quiet residential street but close walking distance to shops, sites, tube. There is a gastro pub a block from the hotel but be warned it closes early on weekdays and Sundays. Also a couple restaurants nearby but we didn't eat at those. The hotel bar is cozy and a nice place to relax when you have to leave the pub. Bartender is friendly and helpful - overheard him talking to other guests and he readily accommodated their exacting requests.
We would definitely stay here again. Can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enviably located in exclusive Mayfair, near to designer shopping and many of the city's most iconic attractions, the Regency style hotel feels comparable to a traditional private club. Quiet, calm and efficient service blends with supreme comfort and luxury. Guest rooms and deluxe suites combine superb facilities with relaxing surroundings. The Library, Butlers Restaurant, Conservatory and intimate bar cater for every culinary whim or inclination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your The Chesterfield Mayfair reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel London
- Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel
- Chesterfield Mayfair London
- The Chesterfield Mayfair London, England