“Another fantastic stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Another fantastic stay”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Myself and three other family members have stayed at the Chesterfield every August for the last 5 years. We travel up to London for sightseeing and the Theatre. We always stay at the Chesterfield for its amazing service. The rooms are always spotless and the amenities in the room always plentiful. If you need anything one phone call always puts any problem right. We have the pre theatre dinner and always find the variety and service in the restaurant top notch. Breakfast is always varied and plentiful. The staff are friendly and never pass you by without a smile and a word. We would always recommend this hotel and would never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank martynandjane
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this great review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you and your family choose The Chesterfield Mayfair to stay for your annual trip to London because of our amazing service. We take great pride in our service and I am glad that you experienced our friendly and welcoming staff. Thank you for highlighting our spotless rooms that are well stocked with amenities. My Restaurant Manager will also be delighted to hear that you enjoyed our pre theatre menu and that you found the breakfast was varied and plentiful. I truly appreciate you recommending the hotel.

Oliver Raggett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We've just come back from another stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair. We wouldn't stay anywhere else in London now. Our first stop was last year for a joint wedding anniversary and birthday. This year we were up for a couple of Proms concerts at about the same time as last year. We had been out for the evening and when we got back to our room there were cakes and cards in commemoration of our birthday and anniversary, even though we hadn't said anything, The Chesterfield Family had remembered and loads of them had sign both cards. It was a very special treat and meant a great deal,. These trips in August are going to be a firm family tradition from now on.
On the more mundane side of reviews, the Classic Double room we had was very comfortable, huge bed, lovely linen, smashing bathroom and clean clean clean. Couldn't ask for more. Food, as ever, was lovely there. The smoked salmon eggs Benedict for breakfast sets you up for a day wandering around London.
So, if you're wondering whether to go or not, it's simple, go! They're lovely friendly people, great location, good food. comfy rooms. What's not to like.
See you next year guys!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you returned to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel and that we were able to make this stay as special as before. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and I am glad that we remembered your joint birthday and anniversary celebrations and were able to add to the special occasion.

My Executive Housekeeper will be happy to hear how comfortable you found the bed and how the room was immaculate. Breakfast in Butler’s restaurant is indeed a great way to prepare yourself for a busy day around London, and I am pleased to read that you got to experience our signature Eggs Benedict dish.

It gives me great pleasure to know that your August stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair has now become a tradition and I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Our recent adventure to London could not have been more perfect - and the Chesterfield was the icing on the cake. Centrally located just off Berkeley Square within easy walking of all the tourist spots around Buckingham Palace and the Palace of Westminster. The fashionable areas in and around Mayfair are right on the doorstep.
The hotel has the ambience of a traditional London gentlemans club with plenty of areas to read and rest. Not surprisingly there are an abundance of Chesterfield sofas to collapse into!
We found the rooms to be of an excellent standard, clean and well furnished.
The staff are exemplary, very attentive and genuinely friendly.
To relax in the bar, listening to (well played) piano music in the evenings was a rare treat, after long days 'doing' the sights and sounds of London town!
We hope to return just as soon as we have regained the energy needed to 'see' London, and obviously where else would anyone consider staying but at the Chesterfield Hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your recent visit to London and speak so highly of The Chesterfield Mayfair. I am delighted that you were able to benefit from the hotel’s brilliant central location; in the heart of fashionable Mayfair and within walking distance of many of London’s main attractions.

My Executive Housekeeper will be happy to hear that you found the rooms to be very clean and comfortable. I am also glad that you found yourself at home in the traditional and cosy atmosphere of the hotel and that the Terrace Bar, with it’s comfortable sofas and relaxing music, was a great spot to enjoy a night cap after a day of sight seeing. Thank you for your compliments about the attentive and friendly service that you experiences throughout the hotel. We really appreciate when guests notice our dedication and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to everyone.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I spent our tenth wedding anniversary with the Chesterfield.
I had viewed the venue beforehand and was shown round by a very helpfull lady named Fatou.
Upon arriving a few weeks later I was recognised and my wife and I were given a very warm welcome.
I made arrangements for some special things to be done to the room for the occasion which were
carried out to the letter, plus some personal touches that the staff did without asking.
In summary, outstanding service by friendly, professional staff from Reception to Housekeeping.
Beautiful venue. Excellent location.
Will go again. Thank you.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your fantastic experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to read that you chose to stay with us for your 10th wedding anniversary celebrations and that you were recognised and welcomed warmly back to the hotel after your show around. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and I am delighted to hear that you appreciated the small touches we added in honour of your anniversary celebration. Thank you for your lovely words regarding the outstanding professional and friendly service that you received throughout the hotel; I will be sure to share your kind words with all of my team here.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

The title says it all!

My niece and I stayed for four nights and the service, the atmosphere, and the location could not have been better. We try to avoid chains, including very upscale ones when we travel for pleasure and try for places which reflect "local".

The Chesterfield is "english" and its staff is delightful. My husband, unknown to me had called and shared with them that I had a severe allergy attack before I left for Europe. The manager spoke to me right after arrival, told me he was aware, and that I could rest assured they would be ready to help anytime, night or weekend. The location is about as central as you could want and being next to Green Park makes strolls really enjoyable. But, far enough from the frenzy that is Oxford street, Picadilly, and Trafalgar. Do NOT miss High Tea!

Room Tip: We had a room in the back and was very quiet. We slept 15 hours one day :-)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you and your niece enjoyed your stay with us and found our ambience and service to be of a high standard. The Chesterfield Mayfair is a small boutique hotel and we pride ourselves on our personalised service and I am glad that this was reflected in you reason for choosing the hotel.

It gives me great satisfaction to know that you were well looked after and that we were able to offer our assistance to you during your stay with us. I am glad that you found our location so convenient for you, away from the busy central areas but within walking distance of many of London’s attractions. Afternoon tea is certainly a treat here at The Chesterfield and I am pleased that you had the opportunity to experience it during your stay with us.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel is outstanding in every way. The location is great. The room was comfortable and well-appointed. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were delicious and the service was excellent. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your great experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you found the hotel to be outstanding in every way and that everything was to your satisfaction. It gives me great pleasure to know that our central location was convenient for you and that you found the room comfortable and well appointed; we take great pride in the quality of our bedrooms. My Restaurant Manager will be happy to hear that you found the breakfast delicious, we know how important it is to begin the day with a wholesome meal. Thank you for your great comments regarding the extremely helpful and friendly staff that you encountered; I will be sure to share your review and pass on your thanks to the team here.

Salem, Virginia
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This Mayfair Neighborhood Hotel is just several blocks off Piccadilly but seems miles away from the hustle of Piccadilly Street and Hyde Park . Set among Multi Million dollar homes ,Embassies ,Rolls Royces ,Bentlys Etc. it is the ideal spot to stay in London.. A quick left out the front ,another left on Queen Street and you are facing one of the most interesting areas of London , Sheppards Market. The market has several entertwining streets . Great for people watching while sipping a beverage . You would never have to go anywhere else to eat and the prices are right . Try Breakfast at the Caffe IN ,the Stuffed Croissant and Full English Breakfast less the Beans are very good along with Fresh Fruit,Croissant with Jam ,Granola Etc. Dinners at the Caffe IN ,Sofras ,The Little Square ,the Italian Restaurant and the two Fish and Chips pubs were excellent.
The Green Park Tube (Piccadilly Line) and Piccadilly Street can be accesed down the road beside the Caffe IN or several other streets . At night we found the Tube to be safe . We found the walk down Berkley Street to left past Berkley Square toward Charles to be the most populated at night after leaving the Tube.
Take a walk down Charles Street to Audley Street and you may pass a couple of folks on your way to a very nice retail area . Walk down Piccadilly for a block in August and you may pass 100 people.
The price of a cab ride from Paddington Station after the ride on the Heathrow Express was 13 pounds .
Would not stay anywhere else in London ,found this Hotel to be everything we wanted in a unique area unlike anywhere else we saw in London during our 9 Days. The staff are very people friendly . Look no Further this is it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It gives me great pleasure to know that you found us to be in an ideal location, away from the hustle and bustle of central London, tucked away in a quiet, residential area. I am glad that you had the opportunity to explore Shepherd Market, offering many different cuisines and pubs only a short walk away from the hotel. The Chesterfield Mayfair is indeed very accessible from Green Park station and I am pleased that you felt safe in our unique Mayfair neighbourhood.

I am sure that other Trip Advisor users will appreciate your tips regarding the local area and travel advice. Thank you for your kind words regarding the helpful and friendly service that you received; I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all the team here.