The Chesterfield Mayfair
$285
$248
$207
  • Restaurant
Park International Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$309
$278
  • Bar/Lounge
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$161
$218
$194
Travelocity
3,645 results
All reviewsafternoon teabutlers restaurantwilly wonkagreen park tube stationred carnationterrace barchocolate factoryshepherds marketcharming hotelbuckingham palacebond streetturn down servicebottle of champagnequiet streetjunior suitewonderful stayevery member of staff
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have never felt a sincere concern or caring for a guest at any hotel as I have experienced in the Chesterfield. Due to unforeseen circumstances I had to find a hotel and though fully booked, they made room for me and did not take advantage of my situation by increasing the daily rate.

The daily cookie refills, fresh milk for tea or coffee, bottled water refills, and internet are all complimentary which makes it much easier to know the total cost of your stay - NO hidden extras. If you get the breakfast rate, the choice of hot breakfast is extensive, and delicious. The juices exceptional, they even serve fresh squeezed beetroot juice !

The hotel is sincerely pet friendly. My cat had to join me for my stay and waiting for her was a litter box, litter, food bowl AND a scratching post ! The housekeeping team was so gracious that they came to introduce themselves to her to make sure she would not be frightened during her stay.

I have never been in a hotel where ANY request is addressed immediately no matter what the request is. There is no waiting or having to call back. The concierge team provides great information and is full of ideas of places to go and things to do.

Overall the service at the hotel was exceptional, much more so than any other five star hotel in Europe, let alone London.

I will recommend this hotel to all of my friends and colleagues and will make sure my corporate travel agency is aware of the exceptional service as this secret is worth spreading.

Room Tip: GREAT air conditioning during the recent hot spell in London, what an oasis. The windows are so good I could not even hear the concert in the park last night but I could see the fire works.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Borboletalondon
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It was our pleasure having you and your little cat stay with us over the past month. I am delighted to read that you were both made feel at home and your cat enjoyed her gift of the scratching post. I am glad that you found the complimentary water was a welcome addition to the tea and coffee making facilities in the room. We understand how important internet access is in the daily lives of our guests and I am glad that you appreciated the complimentary wireless internet.

Our company ethos is ‘no request too large, no detail too small’ and I am thrilled that you experienced this throughout your stay, from your freshly squeezed beetroot juice and our care for your cat to the great suggestions from my Concierge Team of activities for you London.

I look forward to welcoming you and your cat back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This hotel will always be the most special place I have ever stayed. I feel like all of the staff in the hotel are my friends as they ensure that every tiny detail is taken care of with the sole goal of making you happy.

I am fortunate to travel for work around the world and have stayed at many 5 star properties in Asia, Africa, Americas, Europe, and the middle east, but NONE have the attention to detail and the quality of service that the Chesterfield exudes.

A stay at the Chesterfield will ensure that you start or end your day in a good mood, the interaction with any member of staff, their sincere desire to address any request immediately and exceeding your expectations is a very refreshing experience when you are staying away from home.

The hotel is in a perfect location to enjoy London with everything nearby, great restaurants, the best shopping (Knightsbridge and Oxford Street are each minutes away), the parks (green park and Hyde park) Buckingham Palace.

The restaurant is beautiful and the menu broad and tempting, starting with a fantastic choice for hot breakfast in the morning.

Honestly, the BEST hotel experience ever.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your glowing review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel
It gives me great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Chesterfield Mayfair. We take pride in our attention to detail and I am delighted that the little extra touches we provided and the caring manner of my staff added to your London visit. I am glad that you appreciated our perfect location and how the beautiful London parks, as well as the fantastic shopping areas, are easily accessed by foot from the hotel.

My Food and Beverage Manager will be delighted to heart that you found our menus to be tempting and that you enjoyed starting off each day with a hearty, hot breakfast. Thank you also for your compliments about the outstanding service offered by all my team. We really appreciate when our guests notice our dedication and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to everyone.

We look forward to warmly welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed at the Chesterfield for two nights - excellent value, lovely spot in Mayfair, you really can't get much better, since it's far enough away from the CBD to be quiet in the evenings, but close enough to attack the shops (New Bond Street etc.). The rooms a small-ish (typical of London, so not a criticism really), but clean, bed is comfortable and the bathroom well appointed. Service very friendly (unusual for many London hotels). Recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your fantastic review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased that you found us to be in a perfect location. The Chesterfield Mayfair is indeed very accessible to the great shopping areas of London, if you purse can allow it, but also the luxury of being away from all the crowds. My Executive Housekeeper will be delighted with your comments on the cleanliness of the rooms and of course the comfort of our beds; nothing is better than a great night’s sleep.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My daughter-in-law, two grown grandchildren and I enjoyed a lovely afternoon tea at the Chesterfield. The food was plentiful and delicious. There were a variety of tasty sandwiches, scones that melted in your mouth with cream and strawberry jam and other sweets. We opted for the champagne which was excellent. Everyone enjoyed their tea. The setting was like an English garden even though it was indoors. We had found the service in other tea places to be somewhat snooty. Not so here! From the moment we walked in the door until we left we were greeted cordially and made to feel very welcome. The service was outstanding. Afternoon tea at the Chesterfield does not seem to be well known but it is worth seeking it out for a charming afternoon.

Room Tip: We had a lovely tea but did not stay in the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of your afternoon tea at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your afternoon tea here at The Chesterfield Mayfair with your daughter-in-law and grandchildren. My Restaurant Manager and Executive Chef will be happy to hear your description of our delicious afternoon tea offering. I am thrilled that you opted for the Champagne afternoon tea; a glass of bubbles is quite a treat along with the mouth watering scones! I am pleased that you enjoyed the restaurant’s beautiful setting and how it evokes a beautiful afternoon in the dappled shade of an English country garden even though we are indoors in central London. Thank you for your compliments about the outstanding service you encountered and I will be sure to share your kind words with all my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I cannot commend the staff enough for the 5star service we received.

We got married next door in Dartmouth House and we had alot of guests staying at the hotel. Everyone commented how brilliant the staff were at the hotel from the doormen to the reception staff all the way to the bar staff. We had a brilliant wedding day and the Chesterfield could not have been more helpful....even repairing the middle button on my waistcoat during the wedding breakfast......nothing was too much to ask.

Also such a lovely touch to have all the staff sign a congratulations card

Thanks again to everyone.

Room Tip: Stanhope Suite is incredible!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your fantastic review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you chose us at The Chesterfield Mayfair for your special day, along with your fellow wedding guests. I am delighted that you had a memorable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments about the outstanding service offered by all my team, we really do appreciate when guests notice our dedication and I will be sure to thank them on your behalf. I am pleased to read that we were able to help in you in your moment of need with your waistcoat button; it is always our pleasure to help! We take pride in our attention to detail at The Chesterfield Mayfair and I am glad that you appreciated the congratulations card which all the staff signed for your big day.

Congratulations again to you and your new wife and we hope to welcome you both back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.