“A Wonderful Stay in a Wonderful Place”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #14 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“A Wonderful Stay in a Wonderful Place”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

While every single employee here is marvelous, a few stood out to me that I absolutely adored. Silra was our waitress and was so sweet, in fact we talked with her for at least 30 minutes. Also. Chris, and everyone at the concierge desk was superb! High Tea here is scrumptious and they are now having a delicious twist with the Charley and the Chocolate Factory show playing nearby! My daughter and I have stayed for four nights and enjoyed every minute. Also, everything is so thought out and you can tell their main goal is to only please you. I would highly recommend this hotel, and I am known too be very picky about my accommodations.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary Clayton W
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your heart felt review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to recommend The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel. We pride ourselves in our attention to detail here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and I am glad to see that you too experienced the service from our marvellous staff. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Silra and Chris. I am delighted to see you enjoyed our Charlie and the Chocolate Afternoon Tea and it gives me great pleasure to hear you enjoyed every minute of your stay.

We greatly anticipate your next visit to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Oliver Raggett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Hamilton
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is my favorite hotel in London and we have stayed there twice and will stay again. It is extremely comfortable, laid back but also very classy and utterly without pretensions. The staff have always been extremely kind and helpful. It rather like having a second family although I know that sounds cheesy. I look upon it with great affection.

Room Tip: I don't think they have any bad rooms. Perhaps the standard double room might be too small for s...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review.

It is fantastic to learn that The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel has earned the title of your favourite hotel in London. It gives me great pleasure to see returning guests to The Chesterfield Mayfair and I am delighted that we had the pleasure of welcoming you back again. I am thrilled that you found the staff kind and helpful and I am sure that they will appreciate your thoughtful words.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your second home, The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Divide, Colorado
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My daughter and I planned a second trip to London and knew we wanted to stay at the Chesterfield again. The hotel is perfectly located in Mayfair -- just a couple of blocks from the Green Park tube station. It is within easy walking distance of Green Park and Buckingham Palace. The hotel is charming and the rooms are well appointed. Comfortable. The staff is top-notch -- always, always, always helpful and accommodating. They will do anything and everything to make sure your stay is perfect. This trip was to celebrate my daughter's 30th birthday. I let the staff know this when I made the reservation and they presented her with a lovely cupcake and birthday wish. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank KathyC5454
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to see that you have returned to The Chesterfield Mayfair. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our Mayfair location so convenient. I am glad that we were able to add to your daughter’s birthday celebration. I will be sure to share your review and pass on your thanks to all the team here.

I hope to welcome you and all your family to The Chesterfield Hotel.

UK
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband and I stay here from time to time and it is good to see that the hotel is as comfortable and charming as ever. This time we had the Jungle Suite, which has a leopard print carpet and pictures of leopards and elephants on the walls. All very comfortable and quiet, and a good size for a hotel room in this part of London.

We had a club sandwich in the bar when we arrived at lunchtime, which was very good, and the Scottish chap who runs the bar is a delight. The service is always very good and they all seem very cheerful. There always seem to be lots of Americans and they cope with them very well too (sit in the lobby for 10 minutes and you'll hear some delightful questions asked of the reception team).

The breakfast is lovely too and the daily smoothie is a great start to the day if you're feeling at all fragile after a night on the town. If you don't like the feeling of being 'processed' at the big luxury hotels and would rather stay somewhere with more character in a great location, this is a wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to have different themes. We have stayed in library, horse and jungle themed roo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CGUk
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed so many aspects of The Chesterfield Mayfair. I have no doubt that fellow TripAdvisor users will appreciate your room description as well as your room tips. Thank you for your recommendation of the bar and restaurant, our Food and Beverage Manager will be pleased to hear that his team have created a welcoming environment to enjoy refreshments. I am glad you experienced the great character The Chesterfield Mayfair has to offer and I will pass on your kind comments to all our staff.

I look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was the first time to visit in London, so everything was new to us. We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights in total in this travel. This hotel was recommended by our friend, who is from there. Her recommendation was correct. The hotel is located in the area called Mayfair, that has many stores and restaurant and pubs. We stayed in exective junior suite, because we were 3 people. The room has king bed also they prepare extra single bed, that was good quality. The room decor was beautiful and comfortable. The breakfast that was included in our plan was nice, because we could have in our room. All the staffs in the hotel was very helpful and kind. There is the lounge bar which also provide tea, and afternoon tea. Unfortunatly we missed afternoon tea during our stay, but tea with their cookies was delicious. If we have oppotunity to go to London, we definitely back to this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your first visit to London and your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair. I am delighted that you enjoyed the beautiful Mayfair area and all it has to offer. I am also thrilled that you found the extra bed comfortable and you liked the room decor.

I look forward to welcoming you to again to The Chesterfield Mayfair and when you return you will hopefully get the opportunity to try our award winning afternoon tea.

Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Have stayed on a number of occasions at this "home from home" and at other carnation hotels in London and Dorset and find the quality of service and welcome from the minute you arrive, consistently high every time.
The attention to detail especially when planning a private birthday celebration to an afternoon tea is superb. The quality and the quantity of the afternoon tea with excellent service from the wonderful staff has been hard to find a runner up so far from other establishments in the capital.
The rooms and suites are beautifully furnished with comfortable beds and linen. Bathrooms are roomy with lovely toiletries, the housekeeping is tops.
Dining in Butlers restaurant is not to be missed and breakfasts are exceptional with the quality of choice and quantity. Alternatively, ordering food from the bar menu is excellent with brilliant service from the friendly and efficient bar staff who never fail to keep you well supplied with nibbles.
Looking forward to return visit soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant and informative review of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.
I truly appreciate that you refer to The Chesterfield Mayfair as your ‘home away from home’.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your birthday celebrations and I will be sure to pass on your wonderful comments to all the restaurant team. I am also glad you found your bedroom comfortable and that you enjoyed your dinner experience in Butlers restaurant.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back ‘home’ to The Chesterfield Mayfair again.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Considering the price of the hotel and the locale, felt like we were in a good location and the accommodations were good. I like to try new places, but if I had to stay in the area again and the price beat the other hotels, I would book a room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple