“Lovely!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed here for just one night whilst attending my friends wedding, fabulous location, came in from Victoria and it was only a short stroll through green park. Had a lovely bright room, with a big bathroom, luxurious toiletries and an amazing shower! Staff were very friendly and the breakfast the next morning of a high quality. I cannot wait to

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank JoannaL010
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that everything was to your satisfaction. I am sure that fellow Tripadvisor users will benefit from your lovely description of our room and facilities and I will pass on your kind comments to all the team here.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Oliver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Somerville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Chesterfield Mayfair at the end of a 2 week trip to Ireland and UK. It was exactly what we wanted - comfortably elegant with dark wood paneling, welcoming lobbby, and quiet with an outstanding staff and service. We stayed in the Mayfair Suite which had a very large and confortable bed and marvelous bathroom.
Our only concerns were that the shower stall was too small and the shower head too low (I am over 6 feet tall). The shower in the tub was high enough but the glass panel at the side was too small to prevent water from spraying into the bathroom. So management may want to give some thought to providing a better shower arrangement.
I would also like to single out several staff members who provided outstanding service: Chris, the concierge; Mantao who served breakfast every day and Scelard who was our waiter in the dinign room for dinner on two occasions.

1 Thank JRH462
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our boutique hotel and it was a relaxing and indulgent end to your two week travel around the British Isles. Thank you for your great comments about the high standard of service you received, I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all the team, especially Mantao, Chris and Szilard.

I am grateful for your comments about the shower and would recommend that you mention this when you next speak to our reservation team and we will be able to offer you a room that is more suited to the taller guest.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Cape Cod, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Spent three nights at the Chesterfield and there's nothing negative to say about this lovely boutique hotel. The service from the front desk, porter/doormen, lounge/bar, restaurant, and even phone operator is very professional, friendly and attentive... a top notch team is at your disposal at times! The room was comfortable and handsomely decorated. The bathroom had heated floors and plush towels and robes. The climate control in the room made it very easy to adjust to our personal comfort levels. The food at breakfast was abundant and delicious. We had dinner one evening which was delicious and wonderfully served by our maitre'd/waiter, as was the one time we had lunch with friends. The location is excellent for exploring much of London on foot, and is close to some great (but pricey) restaurants, yet is off the beaten path enough so that it never feels like you're in a crowded, touristy area at all. The Chesterfield Mayfair will definitely be our place to stay when visiting this wonderful city in the future... it really is an oasis in London!

Room Tip: Our room was on the backside facing a courtyard, so it was very quiet (although the front of the hot...
1 Thank jsquared406
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing feedback of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased that you found us to be in the perfect location, away from the crowds but with all of London’s delights just a moment’s walk away. My Restaurant Manager will be happy to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast and dinner with us, we take great pride in the quality of ingredients and the range of dishes we have available. I am delighted that you found all our staff to be attentive and professional; I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all the team here.

Thank you for making The Chesterfield Mayfair your choice of hotel in London, I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

SoCal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

The hotel is located close to the metro station, some shops and restaurants and plenty of taxis are always near. The decor is exactly what you want it to be, it feels quintessentially English. The woods are dark and the colors are warm and inviting. The staff is just fabulous. They really provide exceptional service round the clock. They made reservations for us, got us taxis, even held the umbrella for me while I got into the taxi in the rain. Very polite and helpful.

The breakfast was included with our package and frankly it is one the best included hotel breakfasts we've ever had. In addition to the standard bacon, eggs, toast, hash browns, they have fresh smoothies, fresh orange juice that tastes incredible! Cereals and fruit and of course tea and coffee. I definitely recommend adding the breakfast.

We also ate dinner at the hotel one night which was also very good and had afternoon tea. You get a lot of food with the tea so I would suggest scheduling a later dinner after all those sandwiches and dessert treats!

The rooms are a little smaller than we are use to here in the states but it wasn't lacking amenities. Besides, not everything can be like a giant Vegas suite!

I would love to stay here again and I hope that you will check it out, it's fantastic!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Adrianne M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found our ambience, service and facilities to be of a high standard. My Restaurant Manager and Executive Chef will be pleased with your description of how much you relished our full English breakfasts and the afternoon tea definitely does not leave much space for dinner. Thank you for your compliments about the outstanding service offered by all my team, we really appreciate when guests notice our dedication.

I do hope to welcome you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Chesterfield Hotel for a weekend away and had a fantastic stay. The location is second to none - we did not get on public transport once! We stayed in one of the suites which was beautiful and elegant and the bed was ridiculously comfy! All the hotel staff were very friendly and could not do enough to help. We had breakfast in bed both mornings and it was delicious on both occasions. Will will definitely return to The Chesterfield hotel, hopefully sooner rather than later!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and appreciated the ability to start each day with breakfast in bed which is such a luxurious treat. Thank you for highlighting our great location as with fine weather and sturdy shoes, all the delights of London are within walking distance of the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the near future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were so pleased with our recent stay at The Chesterfield and will surely return again. The location is great and the staff is terrific. They gave our 18 year old son a single room for no extra charge because he found the rollaway bed that was provided in our suite to be uncomfortable. Since the hotel was not fully booked, they were gracious enough to suggest this and our son spent the next 3 days in a cozy, single room with a very comfortable bed all to himself. The breakfast which was included in the price of the room was served in their restaurant and there was always fresh fruit, warm croissants and anything else you could ever think of eating for breakfast, including fresh squeezed orange juice. We also ate dinner there one evening and we were all happy with our service and meal. It was over Easter and the lobby was filled with lots of little chocolate eggs to munch on, plus we were given a different "treat" each night with turndown service. The last night there we were given a "farewell" cupcake. The bedding was very comfortable and the bath toiletries and towels were plentiful and deluxe. The Chesterfield is a hotel that really tries to please...and succeeds!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RKL48
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing feedback and photographs of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking. It gives me great satisfaction to know that your son was made much more comfortable by moving to his own room; as we had the availability and knowing how much he would appreciate sleeping in a luxurious bed this was a simple decision to make.

We pride ourselves on our attention to detail so I am delighted that you appreciated the mini Easter eggs and the turndown treats left each night. I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all the team, especially the housekeepers who kept your room so beautifully.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed at The Chesterfield for a week in April 2013 and was pleased with everything about the hotel. The room was very nicely decorated, immaculate and though compact, easily had enough space for both our luggage and the many souvenires we purchased. The Afternoon Tea is a must -- the service, sandwiches, scones and pastries all add up to a perfectly wonderful experience that shouldn't be missed. Our evening ritual ended up with us in the Tavern rehashing the day's sites while sipping some very wonderful South African wine. A very comfortable setting accompanied by attentive service -- the perfect nightcap.

If you take the Heathrow Express from the airport, a taxi ride from Paddington Station is about 10 pounds. The very convenient Green Park tube stop (Piccadilly, Victoria and Jubilee lines) is about a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Overall, the hotel is perfectly situated for getting around London, as many tourist destinations are only a stop or two away.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank atoth
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that your stay with us was a brilliant experience with the comfort and space you required in the rooms and the location being ideal for exploring London. My Food and Beverage manager will be pleased to hear that you had time to experience afternoon tea and that you made the best use of our bar to relax after a day’s sightseeing.

I hope to welcome you again on your next visit to London.