“Elegant, brilliant location, and practically perfect in every way..”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #13 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have stayed in many many hotels in London - which has no lack of fabulous hotels. This particular property however, is my favorite for a number of reasons. If you prefer smaller, more charming hotels with elegant character along with fabulous but discreet service - this is the place. In my view, this is old world hospitality with modern taste. If yo snapped your fingers and went back 100 years - but had an entirely up to date hotel, this would be the place. No hyperactivity, no loud thumping music, no glitz, just pure understated elegance in a truly calming environment. Finally, you will not find a better location in Mayfair in my view.

Room Tip: Rooms are a buit smaller - so if you need space, step-up to the Jr. Beware - No Gym! They provide pa...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Andrew G
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the experience of our boutique hotel and thank you for the lovely description of what we offer. I am very proud of the high standards of service we offer to all our guests and how we represent and reflect the heritage of the Mayfair area.

Fellow Tripadvisor users will definitely benefit from your room tips, thank you for adding them; as a smaller hotel we do not have the space for fitness equipment but, as you say, we are happy to provide passes to a local gym or provide jogging maps of the local parks for those who like fresh air.

I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to all our team and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.

Oliver

Write a ReviewReviews (3,393)

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Three of us had Afternoon Tea here and enjoyed every minute. The food was excellent, the surroundings were beautiful and the staff could not have been better. They were so friendly and accommodating and made us feel so welcome. I was a bit worried that we weren't suitably dressed for such a beautiful hotel but we didn't feel out of place at all.
We didn't finish all the cakes and were about to leave when a waiter stopped us and said 'Haven't you forgotten something?'
He took the cakes away and came back with them in a lovely box with a red carnation on it. A lovely touch.
I wouldn't hesitate to go back here for afternoon tea. I would also love to stay in the hotel one day. It looked lovely.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Angela5601
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It will give me great pleasure to pass on your kind comments to all our team, especially our Executive Chef and the restaurant staff who welcomed you and made you feel so comfortable. The offer of being able to take away a few of the pastries is something which many of our guests appreciate as there are so many tempting treats to try there sometimes isn’t enough time to indulge in them all.

I do hope to welcome you as a guest at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is a fantastic place to stay. Highly professional and courteous staff, excellent standards and a brilliant location for visiting central London and in our case, a theatre weekend break. Our room was spotless as was the rest of the hotel. The hotel is a joy to stay at - would highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Neil S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a splendid review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that your London break to visit the theatre was so enjoyable and am pleased that the comfort of the room and the high level of service you experienced helped add to the occasion.

Thank you for recommending The Chesterfield Mayfair to fellow Tripadvisor users, I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Great!!! Hotel, rooms, staff, location, amenities,. See above. Close to Berk Square, Hard Rock, Green Park tube, Many embassies. Shepherds Tavern, Shepards Market. Close to supermarket (Berkeley Square to Green Park tube).

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank kioni

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you were able to experience and enjoy all that our great location in the heart of Mayfair offers. We take great pride in our hotel and the level of service we offer to all our guests and it gives me great pleasure to share positive reviews such as this with my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Wow, how could I possibly sum up everything about this amazing hotel in 200 characters, suffice to say if I could afford to I'd go every weekend! Amazing staff, fabulous ambience and an eye for detail that compares to nothing I've experienced in a London hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that we were able to provide you with a comfortable place to stay in the heart of London and offer a level of care that makes you want to come back for more. Thank you for your kind words about my team, we are proud to provide exemplary service to all our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I just stayed at the Chesterfield Mayfair for the second time, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The hotel is in a great location and is run beautifully. The rooms are on the small side, but are very nicely decorated and appointed. My daughter and I were on the 2nd floor, so I was a bit concerned about street noise, but it was very quiet. One reason I highly recommend this hotel is the quality of the service. Everyone is incredibly friendly and helpful, and they go out of their way to make you feel welcome and taken care of. We arrived on the UK's Mother's Day, and the tea room was fully booked, but the maitre d' made sure to find us a table. The concierges are outstanding. They made reservations for us for tea and dinner, as well as offering good advice about plays and musicals. They work with a booking agent, so we were able to get "best available" tickets that they printed out on the spot! Very helpful. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Carolyn W

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you were made to feel so welcome by our team and appreciated all the small details that make a stay here feel so special. It gives me great pleasure to know that you were given excellent service by our team both in finding a table for you at afternoon tea as well as all the work of the concierge desk in recommending theatre shows and restaurants to you. I will be sure to pass on your words of thanks to them all.

Thank you for recommending us to fellow Tripadvisor users, I hope to welcome you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

What a wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon! We had chosen this hotel to have afternoon tea to celebrate my special birthday and it was the perfect choice! The service from every member of staff was excellent, friendly and welcoming, and the room delightful. The food was of excellent quality and the table setting immaculate. We have taken afternoon tea at the Ritz and I have to say the Chesterfield outshines the Ritz tea on every level. We would not hesitate to recommend this wonderful experience to our friends and family, and will definitely return again in the future for another family celebration. A special thank you to Chris for my lovely souvenir!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your birthday celebrations with us and that everything was to your satisfaction. Our team take great pride in their service and attention to detail and I am delighted that you were made to feel welcome by them all. I will ensure that your great review is shared among all the team, especially Chris.

It gives me great pleasure to hear that you plan to return and will look forward to welcoming you back in the future.