The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #13 of 1,078 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We visited on the weekend of 8th to 10th February , having been there several times before. The Hotel has been continuously providing excellence in every respect, whether the food, the rooms, and they have superb friendly staff. I'm sure this H otel would not disappoint anyone.

Stayed: February 2013
oraggett, Front Office Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that we offer such exemplary service and surroundings that you are happy to return and experience the warmth and hospitality that we have to offer. Thank you for your kind words about my team, I am very proud of their achievements and will be sure to pass on your thanks to them.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair.

Oliver

Write a ReviewReviews (3,363)

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I spent four days at the Chesterfield Mayfair recovering from major back surgery before returning home to France. From the moment I arrived, it was clear that I was in safe hands. I had mentioned to Reservations that I needed to delay my arrival by two days due to complications with the back surgery. All staff had been informed prior to my arrival. Housekeeping prepared my room (unasked) by putting a board under the mattress and making sure all tea/coffee equipment etc was out of cupboards and easily accessible on the tables. Everyone took an interest and only wanted to help. I had to rely on Room Service as they were my only regular contact with the outside. They were cheery, generous, caring and ready to help in any way possible. Housekeeping was thoughtful and discreet. I know the Chef went 'all out' to make dishes attractive and wrote, in chocolate, 'get well soon' on dessert plates. Service was oustanding. Accomodation was very comfortable and the room was well-equipped. The food was great. If you seek outstanding and personalised service in a comfortable hotel in a great location, this is the best in London. I have stayed in a number of top London hotels and speak from some experience. Also, the rooms are double-glazed and it is a quiet street in Mayfair. There is no noise to disturb sleeping, day or night.

Room Tip: I was in a Superior King on the fourth floor overlooking the street. It was bright and quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Leslie S
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel on Tripadvisor.

It gives me great pleasure to hear that we were able to offer you comfort and quiet hospitality during your stay with us. I am proud that my Housekeeping Supervisor took the initiative to change your room to ensure that everything was to your satisfaction and our Chef made a feast for your sight as well as your stomach. Thank you for the great description of our location, we are close to the delights of London and yet our street is quiet and peaceful meaning a good night’s sleep is guaranteed.

I would like to thank you for your kind words about all my team; we take great pride in our service and attention to detail and I will be honoured to share this review with them all.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We decided to spend a night in London on the way home between Turkey and the USA and we followed the recommendations on Tripadvisor for the Chesterfield House. We were not disappointed. The staff were excellent, the room, while cosy, was spotless and comfortable and I enjoyed a wonderful Irish coffee in the piano bar after dinner. We will definately visit again and take better advantage of all this hotel and its location has to offer.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank seanmage

Dear Guest,

Thank your for your great comments about your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you chose us as your hotel in London and you were able to relax and enjoy the break in your journey. Our bar is the perfect place to relax after a day out in London as it has a wonderful atmosphere and I do approve of your choice of an Irish coffee after dinner.

I hope your next visit to London is less brief and you have a chance to enjoy all the delights of The Chesterfield Mayfair.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I can’t say enough about the wonderful staff, absolutely everyone was willing to help and go above and beyond from the lovely concierge, and front desk attendants to housekeeping, room service restaurant staff, doormen, and the hotel operator. We stayed the week of Feb14-22, 2013. One of our party was sick and needing help in a foreign county is when a really good hotel counts and they were so gracious and accommodating, even insisting that this is our home while we are in London. I have stayed in other top hotels and needed medical help in the past and the staff at the Chesterfield went above and beyond. We had a breakfast and lunch in the restaurant that was delicious, but wanted to spend most of our time exploring London. This hotel was in a prefect location with easy access to the Green Park tube stop where you can pick up 3 lines and the tour buses, also a short walk to Soho. Had A Standard King that was split to a twin. The room is small, but perfect. There are 2 large closets so plenty of space for your things and suitcases, marble bathroom with shower with "rain" shower-head and tub and great bath products. Nightly turn down service with chocolates, bath-salts or face spray and cookies and tea/coffee left in the room for a breakfast self service. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the high level of service that our team offered during your stay, we are always happy to ensure that our guests are comfortable and have everything they need, especially if there is an unexpected illness away from home. Thank you for your great description of our location; many of London’s best locations are just a walk away and our transport connections are excellent and I am glad that you made the most of your time here. I am pleased that you found your room to be so comfortable and appreciate your kind comments about the turndown service.

We take great pride in our attention to detail and high standards of service and it will be my honour to ensure that all my team know of your great review.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here, having previously only had afternoon tea there, which was excellent and led us to have high expectations for our visit. Those expectations were not just met, but exceeded.

From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel that we were the most important guests, as our every wish was catered for. All the members of staff were courteous and attentive without being either obsequious or formal, and the food we had, both in our room and at breakfast, was of the highest standard. Any requests for room service (for sandwiches etc) were dealt with so quickly that we felt that someone had been waiting just to attend to our wishes! It was typical of the level of attention to care for guests that each time we called we did not need to say who we were - they knew already.

We had requested a quiet room, towards the rear of the hotel and away from public areas, and that is exactly what we were given. In our experience, this is very unusual; most hotels will not guarantee that guests' wishes will be met, or fail to keep their word.

The room was very comfortable, and one of, if not the, quietest we have ever had the pleasure to stay in. We had probably the best night's sleep we have ever had away from home. As is usual, there was an extractor fan in the bathroom, but there were also nightlights in there which made the use of the main light, which cause the fan to activate, unneccessary.

Room Tip: Just ask for what you would like and you will get it!
2  Thank Richard Y

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased that you chose to stay with us after visiting us for afternoon tea and that everyone you met were able to offer you the best service that it exceeded your expectations. My team take great delight in ensuring everyone who stays here is given individual attention and I will be sure to thank them on your behalf, specially the room service team.

It is great news that we were able to fulfill your request for a quiet room and that you appreciated the level of care that went into the design of our rooms to provide you with a relaxing atmosphere. Finally, thank you for your great room tip - it is a brilliant statement that we truly believe in!

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Outstanding Hotel and a big surprise. Have passed this hotel many times and have stayed in many of the other well known Hotels in the vicinity. On a recommendation we stayed here and we will certainly return. Service is excellent and it is clear that many of the staff have been there for years. Concierge and Bar Staff stood out for going the extra mile. Nice traditional rooms and touches like afternoon tea. Give it a go...

Room Tip: Need a few more trips to add advice

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you chose to stay with us from a personal recommendation and that everything you experienced was to your satisfaction. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to all our team, especially the Concierge and Bar team.

Thank you again for recommending our hotel, I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at this hotel. We like the location and the service is good. This time we booked a king size room (305). The decor was nice and the facilities in the room were what you would expect (tea tray, bottled water, iron etc). The room was on the small side and the bathroom, although to a good standard, again was small. The shower wasn't really suitable because afterwards the bathroom was soaked and it took all the towels to mop it up. To the hotel's credit they did say they would send clean towels up and it would be sorted out when the maid turned down the room. We stayed room only so can't comment on breakfast on this trip but we did use the bar, and the staff were very friendly. We would stay again.

1  Thank kate5491

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you have chosen to return to our hotel and have found the same high standard of service as you did before. Thank you for your comments about the bathroom, I am pleased that the housekeeping team were quick and efficient in resolving this issue and I will ask my Chief Engineer to check the room to ensure that this is not repeated for future guests.

As we are a boutique hotel all of our rooms are different; when you are ready to book your next stay, please contact our reservations team direct and we will be delighted to give you a room that exactly suits your needs.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.