“Afternoon Tea..” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Essex
“Afternoon Tea..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've not felt compelled to write a review of any hotel or restaurant before however i had such a lovely experience at The Chesterfield i wanted to share a positive review of this.

For my first Afternoon Tea i was very impressed, with 3 other friends (two birthdays..) we were treated to a tasty and very filling array of cakes, sandwiches and tea. We were offered refills and staff made sure we had full plates at all times.. The staff were fantastic, not too attentive where we couldn't relax but there when needed which was perfect. I asked our waitress if there was anything she could do for the birthday girls and without hesitation said she would sort something out no problem, 4 staff then bought over a plate for each with Happy Birthday swirled in choc sauce, cupcake and candle and sang happy birthday..lovely added extra :-) Needless to say i am booking up again to take my mum and sisters.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Simone D
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback from your recent afternoon with us.

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair. I am happy that the special birthday plates were so appreciated; we feel that small gestures go a long way.

I will be sharing your kind comments with my team, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver a special experience have been appreciated. I will also be sure to pass on your comments to our Executive Chef and his team about the cakes and sandwiches you so enjoyed.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future together with your Mum and sisters.

Oliver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed here last night on a business trip and was delighted to find myself in such a charming, traditional, comfortable hotel. The staff were all extremely friendly and courteous. The location in central London is particularly good and although I work in London everyday I was struck by the beauty of the surrounding area and royal parks - this is quintessential London. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that had such a great business trip stay with us and I am pleased that you our quintessential London hotel and location was so appealing. I am sure your description about he surrounding beautiful Royal Parks will be appreciated by your fellow travellers.

I will also be sharing your kind comments with my team, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 nights and we would definitely return. This was the first time at Chesterfield Mayfair and certainly will be our future " London Hotel" as the staff, the service and overall quality is excellent.
The location is wonderful, plenty of restaurants are close by the hotel, some very famous ones ( Hakkasan Mayfair, Cecconi's Mayfair, Sketch,The Guinea). Only a short walk through Green Park to Buckinghan Palace and five minutes from Green Park tube station.
The staff were very friendly and helpful, especially Peter who sent our books to Brazil ( the box arrived in last then a week!!)The brazilian housekeeper ( Cristiana ) was very cheerful and eager to help us and the rooms were very clean.
The room ( a junior suite) was exactly the one that I told my agent to try to book!! ( I saw pictures of the rooms on the website - www.redcarnation.com) It was a good size , bright and clear, very comfortable with a lovely "decor" and the bathroom has a jacuzzi and a shower, that was very perfect.
The breakfast was part of the package rate and we can have it in our room without any tax until 11:00 am. We had an afternoon tea and it was very nice too, served with english grace and charm.
We had the most lovely stay, thank you for all, and we will be back next year!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review from your stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you all had an exceptional stay with us and the beautiful suite was exactly as you were experiencing.

I will be sharing your kind comments with my team, in particular Peter and Christine, about their service and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience.

Thank you for your great description of our surrounding areas and highlighting what a brilliant location we have, I am sure your fellow travellers will appreciate your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair, your London home, again in the near future.

Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Booked this hotel and tickets to Stomp for my partners birthday in september. Staf were excellent, very attentive, nice rooms which didn't conform to the normal boring chain hotels. The buffet breakfast was good, although we've had better cooked fare! Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lmu262
Dear Guest,

I appreciate the time you have taken to write your review and thank you for doing so.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and we are thrilled that you chose The Chesterfield Mayfair to celebrate your partner’s birthday.

It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members. I will also be sure to pass on your comments to our Executive Chef and his team about the excellent quality of the food at the breakfast buffet.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Ambilly, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed at the Chesterfield Mayfair, for business purposes, for 4 nights. I must say I never came across staff with such professional and personal approach at the same time. When staying there, you do not feel like being in a good hotel, but in one where everything is done to make you feel at home and to make your life easier :-)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Claire003
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review from your stay with us.

I am please to read that you found the professional and personal service of the staff to be so excellent. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

The room was really small for 2 adults. The location is great, the Green Park is very close as well as the Buckingham Palace. The restaurant is very expensive. Room service was good but slow. We stayed for 2 nights over weekend and found it ok considering the UK standards.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank theshadowvienna
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write your review.

Thank you highlighting what a brilliant location we have; I am sure your fellow travellers will appreciate your feedback.

With regards to your comments about the small size of the room, we do have larger categories of rooms; please enquire with our reservations team when next making your reservations to ensure a more comfortable stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel this weekend for my girlfriends birthday.. The staff here went out of their way to make it special for her, the room upgrade, the birthday card, the cake, the great friendly service...a must must stay here! Thanks

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Harry E
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a lovely review from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that we were able to welcome you for your first trip to England and we were able to provide you with a special traditional British experience.

I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.