“"Treated Like Royalty"”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Maynooth
“"Treated Like Royalty"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed with my girlfriend for a weekend in October at the Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel. From the Friday evening when we checked in to the Sunday evening when we checked out we were treated like royalty by all the staff, the service was of the highest order. Our room was very comfortable and it was a joy to come back to in the evening after our busy days sightseeing. We ate in Butlers Restaurant on the Saturday night and the food was delicious. Before we flew home on the Sunday we treated ourselves to afternoon tea, we can now see why it is so famous!! I can't wait for our next trip to London and our stay in the Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Jamesdowling
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review from your stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you had such a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed your London weekend. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members. I will also be sure to pass on your comments to our Executive Chef and his team about the excellent food in our Butlers restaurant.

I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Oliver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Chesterfield in August and found it it an excellent choice. It's in a great location in a beautiful part of the city, just enough off the busy roads to give you a sense of being in a neighborhood, while still being close to any exploring you would want to do. But what really sets this place off is its friendly and helpful staff, from the efficient front desk who greet you personally, to the wait staff in wonderful Butler's restaurant. We were fortunate to have our daughter, her boyfriend and two of their friends join us at the last minute for dinner, and Butler's sat us right away at a large table in a nice area that made it feel special. We had a great waiter with the perfect personality who took a personal interest in our group, brought meals quickly to two who had to catch a train, and even accommodated my order for something that wasn't on the dinner menu! That meant a lot to us. Often in a big city you don't get such personal attention. Our room was not large, but that is very typical of London, and it was impeccably decorated and nicely appointed. The Chesterfield is not a large property, so each room is decorated individually, as opposed to a large chain hotel. This gives the hotel a unique personality, and true English charm. My only regrets are that we could not stay longer, and that we missed their famous afternoon tea! I hope to stay at The Chesterfield again soon, and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great location and exceptional service in London.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CaribbeanDreamin
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely comments about your August stay with us.

I’m delighted to hear that you had an exceptional stay and I’m pleased that small touches such as the special meal in the restaurant created such a favourable impression. Thank you, too, for your wonderful feedback about the Butlers restaurant; I am sure our Food & Beverage Managers and the Executive Chef and his team will be very pleased to read your comments.

I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.

Northport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed a week at the Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel while in London in mid-September. The hotel is delightful, as are all of the staff that we had occasion to interact with. We would recommend this hotel without reservation.

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your lovely feedback following your recent stay at the Chesterfield Mayfair and I hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Cottonwood, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

This hotel was nothing but pleasant surprises. We arrived at 7:30am weary from traveling and long flights. The staff was very pleasant, provided warm towels and water, a very efficient check-in, and our room was available at this early hour. The rooms are not large, but are very comfortable including the beds, which we used to take a quick nap. The staff goes out of their way to make sure that your needs are met. The location is very convenient. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friend and book it for myself in the future!

2 Thank Ilmgks
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review from your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had an exceptional stay and I’m pleased that the service and attention to detail we pride ourselves on created such a favourable impression.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again in the near future.

berkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Just returned from another superb weekend at the Chesterfield Hotel to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Every aspect of the hotel is fabulous. Every member of staff was welcoming. How many hotels do you visit where staff call you by your name every time then encounter you? Well at the Chesterfield it is the norm and just shows the commitment to personal service. We were fortunate to be ugraded to a suite which was the height of luxury.

If you want to stay in luxury, be treated as an individual and want your needs to always be the first priority then visit the Chesterfield.

I promise you will not be disappointed.

3 Thank pclarkBerkshire
Dear Guest,

It is always a pleasure to see our return guests coming back time again and thank you for writing your positive review.

It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members. I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and the room and I’m pleased that the special upgrade to the suite was so appreciated.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Our weeks stay in September was wonderful. The entire staff was friendly, attentive and accommodating to all of our needs. We felt pampered and loved all the amenities in our room. We have always loved London and the Mayfair district. Now we love the Chesterfield.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank SonoranArizona
Dear Guest,

I’m delighted to hear that enjoyed your stay at The Chesterfield and you felt very pampered. I am pleased that you loved all of the amenities in the room.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again for your next trip.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed for a weekend .The hotel simulates traditional English luxury in the middle of London which is difficult to find these days. The place has a lot of character into it . The linen and towels are superb .The bed is very comfortable .The rooms are small but the fact that there is a lot of attention to details compensate for this.

2 Thank Tayseer m
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write such a pleasing review from your stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had an exceptional stay and I’m pleased that our comfortable rooms and special touches such as the luxurious linens and bedding created such a favourable impression.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.