3,859 results
All reviews afternoon tea butlers restaurant willy wonka green park tube station red carnation shepherds market terrace bar chocolate factory charming hotel buckingham palace bond street turn down service quiet street bottle of champagne junior suite every member of staff wonderful stay
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Chesterfield for a week in May. We have stayed at other Red Carnation Hotels before, and the Chesterfield sure keeps the high standards of this small luxury chain intact.
Location wise it is very well positioned, in walking distance to many of the historical sites that London has to offer. What truly sets the Chesterfield apart from other hotels is the exceptional all around service. The staff at the concierge are just brilliant and make you feel at home! The room was very comfortable (albeit a little small) and sparkling clean.
We are due to stay at the Chesterfield again this week, and needless to say that we are very much looking forward to it!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Maria13
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review from your stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had wonderful stay with us. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members, in particular our Concierge team.

Thank you for your highlighting what a brilliant location we have, I am sure your fellow travellers will appreciate your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back again this week!

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We recently stayed three nights in this hotel. While it's not technically in the dead center of London, we truly enjoyed its location in an upscale area of London. And really, once you learn the tube, I don't find that it really matters all that much where your hotel is. The service at this hotel was outstanding! I really cannot say enough about it. The concierge went above and beyond. We enjoyed their breakfast. We also thoroughly enjoyed their bar/lounge with their piano player before we headed to dinner. We went to dinner twice based on the concierge's recommendation. We had dinner in the hotel one evening which was good though service was mildly off. I think they may have been a bit overwhelmed due to a wedding party that evening as well. The rooms were nice (though a bit small) and I very much enjoyed the heated floors in the bathroom. I am nuts about cleanliness and I give this place a 5/5. The turn down service was a lovely touch. If I were too complain at all it would be in regards to the light that creeps in above the curtains (though we like it quite dark) and when we ordered room service for breakfast, we called and asked about a la carte options and were told to fill out the card and write a la carte on the side. We did this but were still charged for the full price breakfast. I was told by our cab driver on the way to our hotel that there was a lot of construction due to a new tube length being put in around the hotel so he had to take a longer route in. Since we used the tube for most everything else, this did not affect us greatly.
All in all, the service was outstanding, the hotel impeccable, and when we return to London, I will be checking this hotel first for availability.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tlmg

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely comments about your recent stay with us.

I’m delighted to hear that you had an exceptional stay and I’m pleased that small touches such as the on turndown created such a favourable impression

I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed here for several nights in June and had a mixed experience though this is a lovely hotel with a perfect location. The very first night, the noise from the building next door was out of control and there was nothing the hotel could do. Granted, it was the Jubilee, but still... Each night after that we could hear the television from the neighboring room. The "suite" we stayed in was quite small. We booked five nights as part of a "stay two nights in a suite and get the third." I wonder if we would have been in this same room if we had opted out of this package? If you book, and I'm not saying you should not, be sure to request the size of your assigned room (and know that you will not really be in what you expect to be a suite). After the third night, the turn down amenities stopped altogether, almost as if they were ramping down that particular service toward our eventual departure. One night there was no bedside water and candy left in an odd spot, so perhaps this is all an evening housekeeping issue. We did thoroughly enjoy the bar and the bartender Antonio (?) in particular. Had we realized the size of the room, noise and subsequent service glitches, we probably would have just stayed at The Milestone for full price.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cleyera

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback from your recent stay with us.

Your feedback about our great and central location is brilliant and I am sure your fellow travellers will be appreciated. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to Antonio in the bar.

Please except my sincere apologise for the noise from the building next door but this was unfortunately out of our control. Thank you for your feedback about the room which is invaluable to us. As we are a period hotel our Junior Suites do have lovely high ceilings and sash windows, however they are studio suites and not a full suite. In future I would recommend booking one of our beautiful Executive Suites which boasts a separate bedroom and living room which I believe would be better suited for your requirements.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

A real gem in London. First class staff, best concierge and walking distance from all the major historical sites. Highly recommended!! A welcoming bottle of wine and daily hors d'oeuvres delivered to our room.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback following your recent stay at the Chesterfield Mayfair and I hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

What can I say other than what a gem of an hotel! Booked for our 20th anniversary and treated ourselves to the Mayfair Weeekend package which included 3 nights bed and breakfast, afternoon tea, bottle of champagne, complimentary newspapers and Internet. Excellent value for money when you compare it to many of the "room only" deals in central London. We took our afternoon tea on arrival and cannot fault the attentiveness of the staff, their knowledge of what they are serving in terms of us trying new teas and the quality and presentation of the food. All in all a great start to our break. We chose to have dinner in The Butlers Restaurant on our first evening and again, the staff were very attentive and the food again was excellent and reasonably priced. We booked a superior king room which was not huge but perfectly adequate. Beautifully decorated and bed linen and pillows to die for! Must admit to not usually sleeping well in hotels but not this one - I was out like a light! Breakfast - well all I can say is fill your boots! Plenty of fruit, yoghurt, croissants and cereals to choose from plus the excellent selection of cooked breakfast. Set us up for a full day of sightseeing. I can honestly say that you would be hard pressed to find an hotel which is such good value in the perfect spot than this. Literally 10 minutes walk to Buckingham Palace and likewise Regent/Oxford Street. Green Park tube is five minutes walk away if needed but with everything in close proximity we tended to walk everywhere. I cannot praise the Chesterfield enough. We will definitely be back as we loved it so much.

Room Tip: We were on floor 4 overlooking the a/c units so view not fantastic but the noise was neglible. In central London I don't book a room for the view - you would be deluded if such a thing existed! Higher floor better if noise is a problem for you.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank katjb12

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a lovely review from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that we were able to welcome you for such a special anniversary trip. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

Thank you for your great description of our surrounding areas and highlighting what a brilliant location we have, I am sure your fellow travellers will appreciate your feedback.