“No place to keep your stuff....”

Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London
Ranked #445 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Chandigarh, India
“No place to keep your stuff....”
Reviewed October 30, 2010

The hotel has a great location, but if you are going for more than a couple of days and need to store your clothes etc, look elsewhere. At least the room I stayed in did not have any storage space except one small closet. No cupboards at all! You have to keep everything in your The room was small and if you have more than one bag, you are done....

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, November 27, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write about your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel. Please rest assured that your feedback is very valuable to us and has been forwarded to the relevant departments for further follow up and action.

I hope you will allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel on a future occasion.

Please do not hesitate to contact myself on +44 207 208 6000 or stefanie.korte@radissonblu.com if I can be of any further assistance.

Guest Relations Co-ordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
SF
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Major problems. The worst hotel I've ever stayed at anywhere in the world, and I've had my fair share of hotels.

1) Management is poor. The staff aren't organized, aren't detailed and go around in circles. I had to change rooms three times and every change had so many problems I can't mention them all in this box.
2) Cleanliness is poor. The first time I changed rooms it was because there was dust all over the place. Unacceptable.
3) Facilities don't work. Amongst my three rooms, the aircon didn't work, the shower didn't work, the sink plug was stuck so I could neither fill the sink nor use the sink effectively.

Don't stay here. All these problems I've only had in my first 4 hours.

6 Thank SfM_c
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, November 13, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write about your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for what was clearly an unacceptable experience.

We take your comments very seriously and I would like to kindly ask you to contact me directly on +44 207 208 6000 or stefanie.korte@radissonblu.com to discuss your experience in more detail in order for us to be able to take the necessary follow up and action.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Your sincerely,
Reviewed October 12, 2010

My wife and I stayed here one night for a conference. It was free but even that didn't make it a nice stay. Why anyone would stay here out of choice when you can pay a little more and stay at Grosvenor House is beyond me. The room was small and desperately needed a refit and the concierge was rude and unhelpful. Radisson probably make a lot of money from this hotel but it's not from the service, trust me!

• Stayed October 2010
3 Thank Bootner
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write about your recent stay here at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel.

I was disappointed to hear your feedback and would like to assure you that your comments have been forwarded to all relevant departments for a further follow up and action.

Rome
Reviewed October 9, 2010

I'm a frequent business traveller and I found this hotel convenient to my duties in London, very close to Marble Arch.
2 nights in oct 2010, room 262. My stay has been booked through my travel agency, with a corporate ID, so easy to address as someone to care a little bit of.
Price room 280gbp, breakfast, no taxes (49.5gbp per night). So, great expectations.
At check-in, I was informed that they use to block in advance all the entire stay in my credit card plus 50 (!!!) gbp per night to cover possible minibar services. Never heard about that worldwide.
Room assigned was just facing external fan cool engines, so not so quiet.
Nice small holes in the bed linen, dust and other small traces of previous histories on the moquette...
Bathroom definitelly hold, mold in the bathtube corners. Very disappointed.
I asked the concierge to have an umbrella for a small night walk, they took note for 20gbp for a potential non return. Returned, I've been charge of 20gbp anyway in my express checkout bill, then, after compaining, they deleted the item cost.

Asked kindly to have a note of 5gbp instead of lot of coins before re-entering my eurozone, they were trying to make some funny games taking 5.20 instead, with a suk-style approach.

Came back at night with a cab, no gbp with me, asked the concierge to have it in my room bill with them paying for me cash: I was charged of 10% of the value for "miscellaneous services", so 28gbp+2.8.
Nice breakfast but totally useless with such a disappointing context.
Incredible undecent experience. Will never be back, they'd seriously better thin about changing the MD.
Just stay away from here.

4 Thank Kalle74
Dear Guest,

We regret to hear your feedback about your recent stay here at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel and I would like to take this opportunity to give my sincerest apologies in respect of what has clearly been a disappointing and uncomfortable experience with us.

Please rest assured that your comments are being taken very seriously and have been forwarded to all relevant departments for further follow up and action. I would also like to assure you that your feedback is not representative of our usually standards of guest service.

I hope you will allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact myself on +44 207 208 6000 or stefanie.korte@radissonblu.com if I can be of any further assistance in the meantime.

Doncaster
Reviewed October 8, 2010

I stayed at the radisson Blu as it is such a good location, and the breakfasts are very good.
My husband and myself have stayed in this hotel many times, we always ask for the same room as it is so quiet, this time my son came along and they kindly put him directly across the corridor from my room.
I really think floor 8 needs a makeover now though, the carpet in the corridor had a large piece missing so we could see the pile through to the floor.
The rooms are just tired looking and cracked tiles in the bathroom, chairs with the arms worn and stuffing coming out, I know only small things, but this is supposed to be a delux room so I don't know what a standard room would be like.
Never the less, we are always made very welcome at front desk, we always ask for the same room so if things in there are a little shabby now, its our own fault for booking it every time we go!!
On the whole, it has 'gone down' a bit in my estimation, but not so much as we are staying at the Radisson Blu next month, yes and in the same room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Perhaps next year we shall try somewhere different, just to compare, on the whole it is a 'nice' and comfortable hotel, where you are left alone unless you request anything, and in that case what ever you have asked for is brought to you immediately.
So to sum up.
Great location, great breakfast, comfortable beds (pillows a bit hard) bedding very clean and fresh, just needs a little TLC in the guest rooms, and it will be back to its old charming place.
So Radisson Blu, see AGAIN you in November.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write about your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel. Your comments, positive feedback as well as constructive criticism, have been forwarded to all relevant departments for further follow up and action.

We are glad to learn that you have plans to return in November and are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Please do not hesitate to contact myself on +44 207 208 6000 or stefanie.korte@radissonblu.com if I can be of any further assistance prior to your arrival.

Tel Aviv
Reviewed October 8, 2010

This is a good hotel, great location, very good service, very good breakfast and FREE INTERNET. Quite expensive but no more than expected for London for this level of hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write about your recent stay with us. Your positive comments have been forwarded to all relevant departments.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact myself under +44 207 208 6000 or stefanie.korte@radissonblu.com if I can be of any further assistance in the meantime.

Bergen, Norway
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Loved it! There was a really great breakfast, plenty of choices. In the bar they had free snacks. The location was the best, right on Oxford street and close to metro.

• Stayed September 2010