“Needs a make over”

Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London
Ranked #440 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Standard rooms are small with loud air/heating, limited electrical outlets and almost no room to maneuver around the room. My suitcase took up too much space to put in the small armoire and for most of my trip there was loud drilling and hammering noises during the day. Was extremely tired of the place by the time my business week was over and I won't return. Food in the restaurant was marginal and usually not very hot.

Room Tip: I think higher levels are better, but also ask for an upgrade room for more space.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank LisaG100
RadissonBluPortman, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Guest

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Portman.

I regret to read that we did not meet your expectiations this time.

We have a wide range of different room types that vary in size and decor which would give you a bit more space and comfort.

I can assure you that I have passed your comment about the food to our Head Chef to follow up.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be happy to assist you with any future bookings.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

The entire floor I was on seemed to lack any heating whatsoever. My room was a freezing 16 degrees or less and the heater refused to make any difference. Since it was very late at night, I decided to sleep with clothes on. In the morning I found a dirty coffee cup and that the tub wouldn't handle wouldn't operate to empty the waste water. So at check-out I was rather unhappy about the whole place. It felt rather ironic to be met with a long tirade of "we are so sorry", mixed with "we might have a problem with the heating right now" (which implies this was known when I arrived...), but not a single sign of wanting to compensate me for my bad experience. I guess the slogan in the key card "100% satisfaction or you don't pay" is very, very hollow. Dear hotel: I would have been happy with just a complimentary beer on the next stay. So long.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank SaltisM
RadissonBluPortman, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Dear Guest

I am very disappointed to read that we didn’t make your stay 100% satisfactory on this occasion.

I may assure you we take guest’s feedback very serious and I have passed your comments to our Head Housekeeper in regards to the dirty cup in your room and to our Chief engineer in regards to the problem with the tub and the heating. I will personally follow up on how my colleague handled the situation during your check out when provided with your feedback.

If you will consider staying with us again, please contact me directly so we can make it right for you on your next stay.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Had a city break with my mum at this hotel and we are both very pleased with it. Enjoyed every aspect of it, the staff is super helpful, breakfasts are simply delicious, all food is fresh and is of excellent quality. The location is perfect for pretty much everything taking into account the mere size of the city centre. Madame Tussauds was literally round the corner and Bond Street and Piccadilly are just a pleasant stroll away. The only slight criticism is that the bath tub and shower were dated and it would be nice to bring them to the high standard of the rest of the hotel. All in all, we do recommend Radisson Blu London.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Guest

What a nice comment and such a positive feedback about our service, food and the location. Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to read that our bathroom facilities didn't meet with your expectations. On that note, I am happy to inform you that we are currently doing a soft refurbishment in our standard and superior rooms, this includes the bathroom floor tiles and new shower and bath fittings.

If you are planning to stay with us again, please let me know so I could allocate one of our latest refurbished bedrooms.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We were upgraded to a business room which had several extra's including dressing gown and slippers. We also had a coffee making machine and upgraded toiletries which was lovely. Bathroom was large and had a bath with a shower attached and plenty of hot water. We were on the 9th floor and had a good nights sleep as did not hear any noise either inside or outside the hotel, Ideally located to explore the West End and only a 2 minute walk to Oxford Street and a 5 minute walk from Marble Arch tube station. Overall a good stay and would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scratbygirl

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for such a lovely review.

I am very pleased to read that the upgraded toiletries and the coffee machine in the business rooms are appreciated. I believe little extras make a difference and I am delighted to know that was the case for your stay.

If you are coming back to London please let me know and I will be happy to take care of your booking. We would love to become your home away from home.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

So check in was very efficient and we did get a nice room upgrade to business which was OK but many areas look in need of an upgrade.
The location is perfect for central London and so I can understand paying a little more but still, and with many UK hotels, the fee doesn't match the overall service you receive.
Breakfast was very mediocre; there was plenty of choice but again that word, just "OK!"
Room service was slow but the prosecco and strawberries were a nice welcoming touch when we arrived.
If location for the West End matters, consider this hotel but I'm sure there are cheaper who offer the same.

Room Tip: Ask for a cheeky upgrade to business.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to read that on this occasion we didn’t exceed your expectations. I may assure you that your feedback is very valuable to us. It helps us to identify which areas we need to focus on in order to provide that expected service from us and wow our guests.

If your travel plans bring you to London in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly to allow me to deal with your booking personally.

I am very much looking forward to host you again to turn a night stay with us into a memorable trip .

Reviewed January 28, 2014

It was just fine. Nothing was wrong. It was clean and efficient and useful.
The rooms are slightly larger than the average London hotel room, which isn't saying much as the average room will hold you and your luggage as long as you don't expect to move around once you're in there, but it is important since we all appreciate a bit of space.
Breakfast had a decent range of items, but nothing was too great, nor bad.
Desk staff were very efficient and friendly. I liked them. They sorted a few requests for me with no problem.
So this is a perfectly fine place to come. Not for a romantic getaway or special occasion, but perfectly fine if you have some business in the neighborhood.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank QatariTraveler
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Coordinator at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your recent experience at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel.

It was with a great pleasure to read your lovely comments about the reception staff and I would like to thank you for that. We do take pride in delivering an efficient and customer friendly experience and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I will make sure that your kind praise is passed on to the team. I am also pleased to read your recommendations of the place and I would like to assure you the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel is a perfect place to come not only for business but any other occasion as well. We are located a "stone throw" from the Oxford Street - perfect for shopping and great starting point for sightseeing as well. Moreover, we always appreciate a chance to personalize any occasions our guest might be celebrating with us in order to make more special.

I do hope to welcome you back to the Hotel soon and have a chance to "wow" you upon your next visit.

Kind Regards,
Justyna Kozuchowska
Guest Relations Coordinator
+44 (0) 207 208 6000
Justyna.kozuchowska@radissonblu.com

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Great choice for a hotel. Very central to shopping areas which my girlfriend and me were happy about. The staff were helpful and we actually, after going out after 9 on saturday evening, came back to a cleaned room to our surprise. Satisfying visit overall.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Coordinator at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to see that we were able to make this occasion memorable for you! I couldn’t be happier that you were satisfied with the room and in particular with the turndown service. Such a lovely comment will be definitely passed to our housekeeping department, which will be as happy as me for your appreciation!

I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel soon again.

Kind regards