“good central London hotel”

Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London
Ranked #439 of 1,064 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
rugby warwickshire england
“good central London hotel”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed for one night in this hotel and found the staff very helpful and friendly.
We arrived in the morning and were able to check into our room straight away we were upgraded to a business class room which was nice and spacious.
We slept well which is unusual in London as there is constant noise but we were unaware of the traffic at night,
The breakfast was very good plenty to choose from.
We enjoyed our stay and have booked to stay again in April,

Room Tip: our room was over the entrance & to the side.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Coordinator at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

It was my pleasure to read your wonderful feedback, rest assured I will share these lovely comments with the team. I am glad to see you were satisfied with an early check in and an upgrade. It is also great to see that you were pleased with the very central location, which is surprisingly quiet, as well as the Super Breakfast buffet.

It is great to hear that you have booked to stay with us in April again. I and the whole team, we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel. Should you have any preferences or request regarding you future stay, please feel free to contact me as I will be happy to assist.

Justyna.kozuchowska@radissonblu.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I have always found them very accommodating. Perfectly placed in London. Only a few minutes from Marble Arch station. This is my go to hotel for business meetings. I've has my clients stay here and it was a great selling point for us. Will continue service

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Coordinator at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review.

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind compliments. I have to agree that the location is indeed excellent as we are just around the corner from the busy Oxford Street as well as the Mable Arch. I am also pleased to have learnt we are your first choice for the business meetings and I truly hope to remain you preferred hotel for future business.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel soon again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for business. £235 per night and that didn't even include breakfast!
I mentioned it to reception and he was helpful in adding breakfast at not charge BUT he changed my room from a Queen to a Business (sneaky) which was on the 4th Floor, the smokers floor!!!

The whole floor reaked of cigarettes from the smoking rooms! The smell came right under my door and was very sickly, I couldn't sleep as I could taste the smoke in my mouth. Very gross. If you are a smoker you probably won't notice but for non smokers its very unpleasant. The room also looked very tired and dated, needs to be completely decorated!

Room Tip: If you Don't Smoke, don't stay n the 4th Foor!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank MichaelKight
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback and I am very sorry to read you were not satisfied with your stay with us.

Allow me to sincerely apologize on behalf of the staff here in the Radisson Portman Hotel for the issues you had to face during your stay. I was saddened to read there was a misunderstanding regarding the upgrade charge, as I believe my colleague offered you an upgrade from standard room to business class, which apart from the more spacious room, in-room amenities, also includes breakfast.

In order to accommodate needs of all our guests, some of our rooms are smoking. I regret to read your room happened to be on the smoking floor and it was very disturbing for you as the smoke was coming through to your room. Accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused by that. I would like to assure you that rest of our rooms are no smoking and if you decide to stay with us in future I would be happy to assist you with the booking and allocate a room that is on non smoking floor. Moreover, it would give me a chance to restore your faith in the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel. May I kindly ask you to contact me directly as I would certainly like to make this experience right for you?

I do hope to have a pleasure of welcoming you back, until then, if there is anything I can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Slough, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in August to celebrate our second anniversary. My little girl who is only 6 months also came with us. Generally a nice hotel in the heart of the west end. But I found a few of the staff members to be not very helpful for when I requested for certain things to be done for my baby ie for the use of the microwave to sterilise my daughters bottles and food. We are contemplating whether to go back to this hotel in December as location is perfect. A bit disappointed with some of the service received :-(

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Priya P
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write the review regarding your stay.

First allow me to extend my apologies for the disappointing experience upon your last stay with us. I was saddened to read that you found some of our staff not presenting the Yes I can spirit, which is the heart of the Radisson Blu. However, I regret to inform you that due to the Health and Safety regulations we are not allowed to sterilize guest’s items. As inconvenient as it must have been for you, we as a hotel have to follow the procedures, which in this case meant not being able to meet your request. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that might have been caused. I am otherwise glad to inform you that we do now have the bottle and baby food warmer and we are happy to provide guests with that.

I do hope that the issue would not deter you from staying with us again. In the meantime if there is anything I can help you with, please feel free to contact me directly as I will be glad to assist.

Scotland
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Very nice hotel to stay at.Made my business trip a pleasure.
Friendly staff,great service and food.
Rooms were clean and well prepared.
Would recommend anybody to stay here,for business or pleasure.
What more can I say?

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear Lookitsme,

Thank you very much for your kind review and there is indeed nothing more to add as your feedback is already very flattering.

I am glad to see that we managed to turn a regular business trip into a pleasure. I am also delighted to have learnt that your stay with us met your expectations and you are willing to recommend us, this is truly rewarding for us and highly appreciated.

I hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again soon and in the meantime if there is anything I can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Gibraltar
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed there for a second time for 3 nights end of november 2013 on business.Check-in was very fast and efficient with no problems or delays. Staff were very helpful and catered for every need...no request was too much. Services and amenities also highly recommended alongside side the various food options available.
A very warm, friendly and inviting hotel 2 minutes from oxford street so very central..

Definitely recommend this hotel and will be booking again for my next trip!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Lisa G,

Thank you so much for your great review and choosing the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel again.

It is a delight to read that we are your proffered hotel when staying in London for business. The Yes I can-service is the heart of the Radisson Blu-Hotels and I am happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. I was also glad to see you are pleased with our restaurant and various food options and I hope you had a chance to check our Super Breakfast Buffet as well.

I am very much looking forward to seeing you soon again and in the meantime if there is anything I can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Dorset, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Only stayed for one night on business, but really enjoyed this hotel. My room was very well appointed with a spacious bathroom and excellent facilities. I would certainly stay again and also use the hotel foe something rather more exciting than an overnight business stay! The staff on reception were excellent and dealt speedily with check-in and out.

Room Tip: business class rooms seem worth the extra
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear OldtravellerDevon,

I am delighted that you chose the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel and pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us.

It was my pleasure to read your kind comments and I will happily pass them on to our team as I am sure that they will be a great motivation for them. Moreover, I am glad to see you were satisfied with our room and found it spacious and well equipped. We try to facilitate our rooms with all that guests might need throughout their stay and I am pleased to see we were able to accommodate your needs on this occasion.

We do hope to have a pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel soon, not only for business propose. Keep an eye on our website for special promotions and if I may remind you as well about our excellent advance purchase deal which can save you a significant 20%.