“Excellent service”

Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London
Ranked #451 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Just a quick message to say a big thank you to all the team at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London. Special thanks to Santa, Tina and Eleni, what a fantastic team you are! Being our first business with the hotel, we at BookwithMatt.com are grateful to you for being an excellent partner. Thank you for the fantastic services to the Ghana group. They were thrilled and would definitely return again next year.

Thank you!

BookwithMatt.com team

Room Tip: Highly recommended
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

We could not thank you enough for sharing this amazing review in TripAdvisor.
I do believe that the staff is the heart of the Radisson Blu Portman hotel and our reservations team is indeed the perfect example of the Yes I Can-spirit. It will be my pleasure to share the lovely comments with the reservation department as I am sure that the feedback will be a great motivation for the whole team. I hope that the group had pleasant stay with us and enjoyed their time in London.

We hope to have the pleasure of working with you soon again. Until then, if there is anything I can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

What a dissapointment. I've stayed here many times as a happy customer over the last years. Always in a Business class room. This time, due to late Booking, I had to book a standard room. Never again! The standard rooms are "left over" rooms. Small and old, with really bad value. I paid more than 300 EUR. make sure to book a Business class room or better... Or stay away.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Sjefen
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review regarding your recent stay with us.

I regret to hear about your disappointing stay and on behalf of the team here at the Radisson Blu Portman hotel I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for not meeting your expectations in this occasion. I am disappointed to hear that we did not have the availability for the Business Class room you would have preferred. The Business Class rooms are indeed more specious and have the upgraded amenities that many of our guests prefer. Unfortunately we have had limited availability during the high season when it comes to Business Class and above. Upon you next visit we would be delighted to help you with the room allocation. May I ask you kindly to contact me directly before your next stay as I would gladly help to secure the room that would be up to your satisfaction?

I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon again. Until then, please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to discuss your recent experience with us further or if there is anything I could assist you with.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

The rooms are very large and clean.The bathrooms are clean and cleaned every day. The views from the windows are beautiful... The service is very nice and helpful.In the evening, the hotel is quiet and peaceful.The rooms are very comfortable beds. The decor in the rooms is very nice. The hotel is family friendly. The hotel has a restaurant with very good food. I would recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: On the top floor is quiet and sunny, there are beautiful views.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to have read this wonderful review and I couldn’t be happier to hear that you had such a pleasant stay with us. It is great to see you found the room specious and clean with beautiful view of the central London. We do take great pride in our helpful and attentive staff and it will be my pleasure to share the great feedback with our entire team. We do take special care of the families staying with us and it is great to see this was appreciated.

We do hope to have the pleasure of hosting you and your family soon again. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be for any further assistance.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Our weekend in this hotel was just great! Great location, big & very tasty breakfast buffet! Very nice and polite service. Our room was VERY clean, and housekeeping staff was very nice and professional. The bed was also very comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel and be beach there next time!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

I am truly amazed and could not be more grateful for this heartwarming review.

Thank you for your kind feedback especially regarding our polite and attentive service. Our housekeeping team is also happy to hear that you have been pleased with their efforts and quality of their work. It will be a delight to pass the feedback on to the team as I am sure this will be a great source of motivation for them.

Once again, thank you for sharing this lovely review and we hope to welcome you back soon again when your travels bring you back to London.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Very good location close to Oxford Street, decent size of rooms for London, clean and comfortable, proffesional staff, plenty of sugar and milk for your coffe in the room, however decor needs updating.... Very helpfull housekeeping staff ........

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate you for taking the time to write this delightful review.

I am glad to hear that you have been pleased with our very central location near both the Oxford Street as well as the Marble Arch. I would also like to thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding our team and the service. We always strive to make our guests feel welcomed and valued and I couldn’t be happier that we have succeeded in this. I am glad to inform that we are currently carrying out soft refurbishment projects in different areas of the hotel while also planning for a full refurbishment.

We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you soon again and please feel free to contact me if there is anything I can help you with.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed here for two nights on bushiness. Room was average size for 4* hotel and was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. The lounge and bar area were well staffed and not too crowded. Breakfast was excellent: one of the best breakfasts I have had at a hotel - lots of choice and food was well cooked. The conference facilities were very good with very competent staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Anna A

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your heartwarming review in TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you have had such a pleasant stay and meeting experience with us. The rooms are indeed very comfortable and our housekeeping team ensures that they are clean and well prepared for our guests. The lounge the perfect place to relax with a drink after a busy day and there couldn’t be a better start for the day than our Super Breakfast Buffet. It will be my pleasure also to share the comments with our team and especially with Meetings & Events staff who surely will be delighted to hear them.

We hope to have the pleasure to host you when your travels bring you back to London and please do not hesitate to contact me is if there is anything I can help you with.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stay here regularly and find the Business Package to be priced competitively. The hotel is close to shopping in the West End and the facilities are modern. The fact that we keep coming back says something.

My only gripe is that breakfast service on weekends is often very slow and inattentive. Although its mostly self service, it can take forever to get coffee, plates taken away etc. We find that usually on weekdays this is not the case.

All the other service is usually very good. My special commend to the Duty Manager on Saturday!

Room Tip: High up south-facing is best!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

I could not thank you enough for sharing this lovely review in TripAdvisor.
It is truly rewarding to receive such delightful feedback and especially from our returning guests. I am happy to hear that we have been able to create the home away from home feeling for you as this is always our priority. It will be my pleasure to share your kind comments with the team and especially with the Duty Manager on shift. I regret to hear that the service during the breakfast was not as helpful and attentive as usual and I will certainly highlight the matter to our Food and Beverage Manager to follow up with.

We hope to continue to be your London hotel also in the future and please do not hesitate to contact me is there is anything ever I can help you with.