“good value for money”

GreenLeadersGold level
Nottingham
“good value for money”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I recently went to Radisson portman for a meal purchased via groupon ,I found the restaurant to be very pleasant with a relaxed atmosphere ,the waiter who served us was very helpful and friendly and the menu had plenty of choice for great monetary value .we thoroughly enjoyed our meal there and would love to spend along weekend at this hotel in the future,they had free wifi which was so helpful for us as we needed to check the time of our train back to Nottingham ,big thanks to Ibrahim and his team for the lovely evening we had at fantastic hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this truly heartwarming review in TripAdvisor with our other guests.

I could not be happier to hear that you have enjoyed your recent dinner with us and that you were pleased with both the service as well as the value. It is my pleasure to pass your kind feedback to the staff and especially to Ibrahim and his team. I do believe that the team is the heart of the hotel and Ibrahim is indeed the perfect example of the Yes I Can-spirit. The atmosphere in the Portman Corner Restaurant is indeed enjoyable and relaxed and I am glad that you were also pleased with the free Wi-Fi the hotel offers.

We are looking forward to welcoming you to the Hotel the next time your travels bring you back to London. Thank you again for sharing the lovely review and please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can further assist you with.

laura.johansson@radissonblu.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I bought a 2-course meal deal from Groupon (67% off I think) but even then, I feel like I got ripped off by Groupon! First, the menu that was offered at the restaurant was a limited menu and not the full menu that was published on the Groupon website. The restaurant itself was a bit run down and the staff didn't look like they cared. It took 20 mins before they took our orders and the food took ages to arrive, and the restaurant was empty! For starters, my friend and I both ordered the scallop and pork belly - the dish was so small and the pork belly was soggy. We had the sirloin steak as the main course, which was overcooked and chewy. We skipped dessert to avoid any further disappointment.

If you want a decent meal in a pleasant setting, don't go there even if it is 90% discount!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MoRa3103
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you for taking the time and writing to us regarding your recent experience.

On behalf of the Radisson Blu Portman team allow me to extend my sincerest apologies for the disappointing dinner at the Portman Corner Restaurant as well as for the confusion with the menu. I assure you that we do take the contractive feedback very seriously as guest satisfaction is our number one priority. The issues highlighted in the review have already been brought to our Food and Beverage Manager’s attention and he will certainly follow up accordingly with his team.

May I kindly ask you to contact me directly as I would like to follow up with the concerns mentioned in the review and also make this unsatisfactory experience right for you?
I sincerely hope that this recent incident would not deter you from visiting us in the future and that upon your next visit we would be able to meet your expectations. In the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me as I gladly to discuss the incident further.

With Kind Regards,

london
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I recently stayed at the radisson portman hotel for a weekend as a treat for my birthday. we had a lovely room and really enjoyed our time there.
Breakfast included anything and everything you could wish for and filled us up for the day.
We also had an evening meal there on one evening and the food was really nice, restaurant is bright and airy and they also have a lovely terrace, which we sat at and had drinks. The restaurant staff were extremely polite and helpful and very organised. I would recommend Radisson Portman based on my experience of the restaurant and its perfect location for shopping in oxford street.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate you for sharing this lovely review in TripAdvisor with rest of our guests.

I would not be happier to hear that you had such a pleasant stay with us and that we were able to make this special occasion even more memorable for your. The Super Breakfast Buffet is indeed a prefect start for the morning and it will set you up for a busy day. Thank you also for the heartwarming comments regarding our Portman Corner Restaurant and your praises regarding our attentive team.

We do hope to welcome you back soon again. Until then, please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can further assist you with.

Cambs
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Having purchased a Groupon voucher for a Champagne afternoon tea (£29 for 2 people), we visited on September 1st. It was a really hot day and we arrived a little late extremely hot and bothered. The waiter was very quick to seat us and bring us our champagne (which was lovely). Around 20 minutes later we finally got our tea. The finger sandwiches included turkey and cranberry, egg mayonnaise (very salty), salmon and cream cheese and one other (cant remember what). There were some strawberries dipped in chocolate, a lemon tart, a fresh fruit tart. There were also two scones, jam and butter - not the advertised clotted cream. A group of other diners also having the tea complained to the waiter who insisted it was clotted cream. He was very argumentative with them and eventually, after much argument, he conceded defeat and fetched some clotted cream for them. Very unprofessional! I couldn't eat all of the food (everthing mentioned was for each person so quite a lot of food) and I asked the same argumentative waiter if I could have a box to put the tarts in so I could eat them later to which his response was "No - we are not a takeaway". Very rude! Needless to say we did not leave a tip and wouldn't return due to his unprofessionalism and rudeness.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write to bring your dissatisfaction to our attention.

I regret to hear that your recent experience with us was a disappointing one and not up to your expectations. We do take constructive feedback very seriously it helps us to pinpoint the areas where corrective and preventive action would be needed. On behalf of the team here at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel allow me sincerely apologize for the service in this occasion not being up to our usual standards. We usually do receive praises for our staff but clearly in this occasion we have failed to deliver the Yes I Can-service our staff is known for. Rest assured we will follow up with the staff involved to ensure that such situations would not reoccur. May I kindly ask you to contact me directly as I certainly like to make this experience right for you?

I am looking forward to hearing from you and we do hope to have the pleasure of hosting you soon again. Upon your next visit we do hope to meet and perhaps even exceed your expectation.

Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had kindly been gifted a 'Champagne afternoon tea' for two by my lovely sister, It had been booked for 2 pm on Saturday, due to the perstistent rain, we had done all we were going to do in record time, I phoned the hotel to ask 'if it was possible to arrive around 40 minutes early?' they said 'it was fine'
Upon arrival, we were greeted and shown to our table, but were asked 'if we preferred a window table?'
We opted for the window table,
our 'Mumm' champagne was served virtually instantly, it was chilled to perfection, which was very welcome, it was raining outside, but it was very humid.
The staff were extremely efficient, polite and 'on the ball', we couldn't believe how much there was to the 'Champagne afternoon Tea', a glass of Champagne, four freshly prepared finger sandwiches (which is more than we got when we went to Tortworth court Manor in Wootton under Edge in South Gloc' the sandwiches were far from fresh there, with turned up corners) two scones, Clotted Cream, Jam, and four cakes plus a chocolate dipped strawberry, I forgot to say, that was per person, so fantastic value. the only thing that left a bitter taste was the rude woman sitting three tables away, she spoke to the waiter like he was something under her shoe, there is no need for this, as the same waiter was part of the same group serving us, he was lovely, she had clearly upset him, as that was the last we saw of him, I don't know, some peoples only experience of restaurants is what they see on the TV or in movies, they think that waiting staff are there to be abused, well Radisson Blu, take it from me, your staff are fantastic and we will certainly return one day, not our 'local' as we live in the West Country.I do always take a camera, unfortunately I had left it at a friends house the night before, or I would have provided photographic proof of 'how good it all is'.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DINO2902
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this truly heartwarming review regarding our Champagne Afternoon tea.

I could not be any happier to have read you kind compliments especially when it comes to the staff and the service. We do take great pride in our staff and it is delighting to hear that you got to experience our helpful and attentive Yes I Can-service. The sumptuous Champagne Afternoon Tea is indeed the perfect way to pamper yourself and a loved one. The Afternoon Tea does offer a great variety of sandwiches, scones and chocolate and the Mumm Champagne brings it all together perfectly.

We do hope to have the pleasure of hosting you soon again. Until then if there is anything else I can further help you with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We arrived on a hot night, were ushered into an immaculate but terribly hot room and it never really improved. Air con was really poor as was our sleep for three nights. But we were incredibly impressed by Julian, a new porter at the hotel who made us feel so welcome. He was so warm, so personable that he made our stay so much better. Thankyou Julian for taking care of us.

• Stayed August 2013
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate you for sharing the review regarding your recent stay in Tripadvisor.

I am glad to hear that you have been pleased with our central location as well as the service. The location is indeed excellent as we are just around the corner from the popular Oxford street shopping district and the attractions. Thank you for your kind compliments also regarding the service and the staff. It was my pleasure to share the comments with Julian who was delighted to hear that he made such a great and positive impact on your stay.
I regret to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay due to an issue with the air conditioning. Allow me to extend our sincerest apologies for the matter and the inconvenience caused. Rest assured the issue has been highlighted to our Chief Engineer who will certainly follow up with the matter. We do hope to have the pleasure of hosting also in the future and if I may kindly ask you to contact me directly prior to your arrival as I would like to ensure that the room allocated would have a fully functional air conditioning.

I would like to thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you back soon again. Until then if there is anything else I can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

For the price we've paid in august 2013, it wasn't worth it. The room was small, old furniture, not very clean, a lot of noise from the street. In the morning there was hot water on the cold water pipe( 4 out of 4 days). The breakfast was ok. Maibe for a price of 100E it's ok, but not more!

1 Thank Mihai01
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

First I would like to thank you for putting your recent experience with us in writing.

I greatly value the honest and constructive feedback from our guests as it will help us to highlight the areas where we would still need to improve. I regret to hear that you were not completely satisfied with the size and the condition of the room. We are currently in the process of planning for a refurbishment, but before the actual refurbishment we do strive to ensure that the standards would be always met. We offer a range of room types that all in size and décor and upon your next visit it would be our pleasure to show you different option to find the room better suitable for your preferences and needs. We constantly compare our prices to ensure that the prices we offer would be in line with the other hotels in the region. May I kindly ask you to contact me directly as I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to make the experience right for you as well as to follow up with the issues you have mentioned in the review?

I do wish to have the pleasure of hosting you again in the future and the opportunity to show that the shortcomings brought to our attention have been followed up accordingly. Upon the next stay we hopefully are able to meet and perhaps even exceed you expectations.