Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London
$205
$288
$279
1,590 results
All reviewsoxford streeta business class roommarble archhyde parkstandard rooman upgradetwo blocksnespresso machinejunior suiteexcellent locationbreakfast was excellentbusiness tripwest endtube stationselfridgesconciergedoorman
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I cannot praise this hotel enough. We checked in for a special weekend, and were given a business class room, however, the shower was broken and there was no bath at all either, just what could only be described as a disabled shower/wet room. We had paid over £200.00 for a room for the night and could not have been more disappointed with what we were given.

However, on speaking to the Service Manager at the Reception Desk, he managed to change everything around for us. We were moved to a Penthouse Suite, which was totally amazing, I could not fault it. Guest Relations sent us a lovely card, and also strawberries and champagne which was a lovely touch.

We had breakfast in our room the following morning, although our order was wrong, but I did not have the heart to complain about it given that the hotel had ben so kind.

I am a Hilton fan, and a very loyal customer of theirs, but Radisson Blu are now going to be added to my collection of hotels and I will certainly be using them for business stays.

Thank you for putting right your errors, and making a nightmare a dream.....

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kalwells
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

I couldn’t be happier after reading you amazing review regarding your stay.

Our team does take great pride in delivering excellent service to our guests and we are absolutely delighted to hear that we have been able to exceed your expectation. I regret to hear that the first room was not up to your satisfaction, but thankfully the Service Manager was able to turn the situation around and made sure that rest of your stay was pleasant. Yes I Can-service is essential to the Radisson Blu-Hotel and your feedback truly is a great example of it. It will be my pleasure to pass your kind comments to our team as I am sure that they will be even more motivated by your great feedback.

Thank you again for the wonderful feedback and we hope to see you back soon again when your travels bring you back to London.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed in the hotel in April and was rather unlucky with the room, which was very noisy due to heavy traffic outside (tip: avoid room 316 and, I assume, others ending in ..16, as they front a major road and the soundproofing is rather inadequate). The hotel was full and no other room was available, the front desk staff was apologising and asked me if I would be staying with them in the near future, which I confirmed. On my next stay, in May, I was treated to the penthouse suite with all the trimmings and paid only for a standard room. This counts as customer service in my book and assures a loyal guest from here on.
The hotel itself is a good business hotel at a reasonable price compared to many others, the wifi is easily accessible and works well and all rooms I've been in has a desk for working.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your delightful feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I couldn’t be happier to hear that though your first stay left room for improvement we were able to meet and hopefully even exceed your expectations this time. I regret to hear that during the first stay we were not able to change the room for you due to the availability as we always do our best to make sure that our guests are satisfied with the stay. It is great to hear that the upgrade to our Penthouse was much appreciated and the follow up was to your satisfaction.
I couldn’t be happier that you were pleased also with our free WiFi as well as the additional amenities in our Suites.

We do hope to have the pleasure of hosting you soon again. Until then, if there is anything I can help you with please do not hesitate to contact me

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

The location is acceptable for touring about town but the hotel is nothing to celebrate. The lobby is outdated with dingy furnishings and restrooms. Guest rooms are tiny with no views. Service -- desk, food and bar -- is uninspired. We arrived 9am and waited 2 hrs for an available room. But since the staff hotel let us check in earlier than 3pm, I sensed the staff wanted to be helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay.

I am delighted to see that you were happy with our central location near the shops on Oxford Street and just a short walk away from the Hyde Park. I regret to hear that you were not completely pleased with the guest room. We do offer different room types that vary both in the size as well as in the décor. It would be our pleasure to show you different options upon your next visit to find the room best suitable for your needs. We are currently planning for a refurbishment which will also include the guest bath rooms. If you wish to discuss your recent experience further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

I do hope that you will visit us again and that the next time we would be able to meet your expectations.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Although it has a great location in the West End, the rooms are typically small London-sized rooms. Our s had some peeling wall paper and peeling paint. The full English breakfast is overpriced at nearly 20 pounds british and is not included in the room stay. The hotel does have free wifi that works well and is just blocks from Oxford Street and stores like Selfridges and Marks & Spenser. The area is quiet and a short walk to Hyde Park

Room Tip: A quick walk to city center...and great shops and meals
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am glad to hear that you were pleased with our very central location in the West End. The shops are just a short walk away and the beautiful Hyde Park is close as well. We do offer free WiFi that is essential to the travelers nowadays and much appreciated by our guests. I regret to hear that you were not completely satisfied with our rooms as well as the Super Breakfast Buffet. In regards to the condition of the rooms we are currently planning for a refurbishment and in the meantime we will do our best to maintain and attend the rooms. The issues mentioned are certainly not up to our standards and Our Chief Engineer will follow up with your concerns to ensure that such issues would not reoccur. May I kindly ask you to contact me directly as I would like to discuss your recent experience further and also try to make it right for you.

I do hope that you will visit us again in the future and upon your next visit we could meet and perhaps even exceed your expectations.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is a hotel in a great location where you are treated as an individual and not just another
guest. The staff go to great lenghts to make your stay as pleasant as possible..

Check in and check out made with efficienciy.

Breakfast first class, and rooms with free wi fi were clean and always well kept.

Good value for money

We have used their catering department for a family get together and it was outstanding, with total attention to our personal needs..

Room Tip: Talk to the reservation or guest manager and they will help you decide.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guets,

Thank you for your heartwarming review regarding your recent stay with us.

It was my pleasure to read your kind comments and I will happily pass them on to our team as I am sure that they will be a greatly motivated. I am delighted to hear that our staff went above and beyond for you and were able to cater to your needs. I do believe that our staff is truly the heart of the Hotel and it is great to see that you would agree. Thank you also for your compliments for the Super Breakfast Buffet as well as the free WiFi.

We hope have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again when your travel bring you back to London. In the meantime, if there is anything I can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact me.