“Great Location Nice Hotel”

Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London
Ranked #435 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have stayed here twice now and been very happy both times. The location is great being just around the corner from Selfridges. The hotel modern with large rooms, the wireless works well and the brasserie has good food. There is a lovely park across the road and good cafes nearby. Being close to Marble Arch on the central line transport is great. I am a fan.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write the delightful review.

I couldn’t be happier to hear that you have been very happy with both of your stays with us.
The location of the Hotel is indeed great, just a short walk away from the Marble Arch and the shops in the Oxford Street. I am pleased to hear that you were also satisfied with our rooms as well as the Portman Corner Restaurant.

We hope to continue to be your London Hotel also in the future and we hope to see you soon again.

laura.johansson@radissonblu.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,526)

Reviewed May 19, 2013

If location is something that matters to you then this is a place to stay! It is some 150 meters from Hyde Park, yet unlike staying on Oxford street there is no major noise. Reception was superb, I would like to pass my compliments to Jolanta - very professional, caring and friendly. I stayed in a business class room and was happy with it. It had a decent size (not always the case in London), may be needed some refurbishment but was clean - a pleasant place to come after a workday. Wireless worked well, TV had good selection of channels - plus in the business class room you get some free movies. Amenities were great, the room had a nice espresso machine. I will stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and writing such a lovely review regarding the resent stay with us.
I am delighted to hear that you were so pleased with our indeed central locations as well the room. It will be my pleasure to pass you positive feedback to our team especially to Jolanta. I am sure she will be extremely happy to hear that she made such a great impact to stay.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel soon again!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

This hotel was absolutely beautiful. The beds were the most comfortable that we slept on in London Fantastic breakfast. Great wine bar...excellent service, and it has live music every night.Certainly will back in next visit to London

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and writing regarding your recent stay.

It’s wonderful to hear that you have been happy with our rooms as well as our indeed excellent staff. I am delighted to hear that you were pleased with our bar and the Super Breakfast Buffet which will certainly set you up for the day.

We can’t wait to have the pleasure of hosting you again. Until then, if there is anything I can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed here with my parents for my mother's birthday. Very nice hotel and as most people have said we were both upgraded on arrival. Mom & Dad to a two room suite and me to a business room.
Suite was lovely , very spacious , big TV with sofa and easy chair , great for planning the day out and relaxing in. Good air con heating / system and everything you would expect. My business room was also very nice and spacious.
Had a great breakfast in the morning , was very busy ( was Easter Saturday ) but staff extremely organised , polite and food a plenty for everyone with wonderful selection. Bright airy dining area. My parents had an evening meal in the restaurant and were equally impressed.

I did mention it was my Mom's birthday and there was a little cake and bottle of wine in the room . The manager was very attentive and very friendly.

Great hotel , short walk from Selfridges end of Oxford Street. Very informative concierge , knew which buses to get where and had maps etc to take with you.

My parents have stayed in other Radisson Blu hotels and this is what made them choose this one. Seems to be a great consistent chain. Will try other Radisson Blu's to see if it is worldwide !

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you for taking you time to write such a lovely review regarding your recent stay.

I am delighted to hear that we are able to make this special occasion even more memorable for you and your parents. It’s great to hear that you were pleased with the upgrade given as well as the surprise birthday cake and wine delivered to the room. The Suites are indeed very specious and the extra amenities do make the stay more luxurious. We always do our best to go the extra mile for our guests and I couldn’t be happier to hear that we succeeded to do this. I will pass on your kind comments to our team as they surely are motivated by your wonderful feedback.

It was our pleasure to host you and we hope to see you soon again when your travels bring you back to London.

Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel in May with our 2 children. It was their first trip to London and this hotel and their staff helped to make it a perfect weekend.

Our room was equipped with exactly what we had requested. The Children were made to feel very welcome and throughout the whole stay we felt more than comfortable to ask for anything we needed.

We would highly recommend this hotel to both couples and families.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your heartwarming review regarding your stay with us.

I couldn’t be happier to hear that you felt warmly welcomed and appreciated during your stay. We do take great pride on our wonderful team and I am pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations. It is also great to see that the room was equipped according to your requests and that we were able to make your weekend perfect.

We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you soon again. Until then, if there is anything I can help your with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed there for 3 nights on a business trip.
very nice and clean hotel.
Comfortable beds, bathroom, great service.
Very nice to have free internet service.
Breakfast was great! Very nice selection of foods to choose from.
Staff are helpful and very welcoming.
Super location- only 3 minutes walk to Oxford street and Marble Arch underground station.
I had to do a late check out at the date of my departure which was very reasonably priced (until 14:00 it's free of charge and after that until 18:00 it's 10 pound per hour, so I had to pay a total of 40 pounds).
Would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone who's looking for a quiet hotel, but close to the center.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you have chosen us as your London Hotel and thank you for your kind review.

I was pleased to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and were satisfied with your room as well as the free WiFi. I couldn’t be happier to hear that you found our staff both welcoming and helpful. It will be my pleasure to pass your great feedback to our team. The location of the Hotel couldn’t be better as we are indeed just a short walk away from the Marble Arch and Oxford Street.

We hope to see you soon again when your travels bring you back to London.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Perfectly located near Hyde Park and Oxford St. Walking distance of main attractions however the room was poor for the price.
Bathroom tired, with black mold between tiles, sound insulation not great, bathroom ventilation not working, bedroom small and dark and the room door was jamming and misaligned.
As we spent little time in the room during the 2 night stay this was not a major problem but... really, could do better.. Especially at this price.

• Stayed: May 2013
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay.
I am pleased to see that you were happy with our much praised and very central location. Indeed the locations couldn’t be better as we are just short stroll away from the shopping and excitement of Oxford Street and West End. I regret to see that you were not completely satisfied with the room. We strive to ensure that our guests are 100% satisfied with the stay and we do encourage our guests to always inform us if there is anything we can do to make their stay more comfortable. For the next time we would be happy to show you different room types to find a room better suitable for your preferences.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel soon again. Until then, please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to discuss your recent experience further or if there is anything else I can assist you with.