“A perfect stay at Radisson Blue Portman Hotel”

Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London
Ranked #434 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We had a very nice stay at Radisson Blue Portman Hotel.
Mother and daughter on a business and pleasure trip for 3 nights.
Service on our late arrival was exellent, the room was for us perfect. Nice new bathroom, big room, nice view.
Roomservice food tasted good and was quick. Breakfast was very nice!
Chekout easy.
All people working at the hotel very friendly and nice.
Pefect situated for shopping....

Room Tip: 914 was a perfect room. Quite, nice view, nice bathroom.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and writing such a lovely review regarding your recent stay.
I am delighted to hear that you found our staff excellent and I will be sure to pass your compliments to our team as the feedback will be a great motivation for them. I am also really pleased to see that you were completely satisfied with your room as well as our Super Breakfast Buffet.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel soon again. Until then if there is anything I can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

laura.johansson@radissonblu.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,526)

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Just returned from spending 5 days at the Radisson Blu Portman Square and could not have been more pleased with my stay overall. The hotel is beautifully appointed and luxurious. The hotel staff are some of the best I have ever encountered in my travels. The hotel is well situated - a 6 minute walk to the Marble Arch underground, an 8 minute walk to Hyde Park, a 5 minute walk to many shops and restaurants on Oxford Street, and yet the street the hotel is on is quiet and peaceful.

Room Tip: I splurged and stayed in a business class room which had free wi-fi and the morning breakfast was in...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I couldn’t be happier to read your amazing review and your kind compliments are much appreciated. I will be delighted to share your comments with our team. We do take great pride in our excellent team and we do believe our staff is the heart of the hotel. I absolutely agree that our location couldn’t be better and our Super Breakfast Buffet has great variety of items for everyone’s personal taste. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our Business Class room that are indeed spacious and with delightful extra amenities.

We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you soon again.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I came in for a unscheduled stop in London for a couple of days , and did a seacrh on hotels based on location as i wanted to do some shopping. Coming from heathrow I took the train to paddington and the the tube to Marble arch . From there it is a short walk to the hotel. having stayed on a lot of mid-class hotels in City center I must say I did not expect to much. But this Hotel gave me a good suprise , both interiour and standard of rooms are well over what many other hotels in this price range can offer. The rooms where a little dated interiour wise, and not of the biggest size but there is a good bed , a small desk big enough to do a little work and a good size bathroom . Rooms and bathroom where both tidy and clean . A big plus for having a minibar.
Staff was very helpful and gave outstanding service. The barkeeper in Portmans bar showed great knowledge of what he was serving and his recomendations was good. The evening snackplatter was great . Also the Concierge could offer mobile phone charging in the reception for most mobie phones, I even left mine there over night so it was fully charged in the morning. The breakfast was what we would call scandinavian standard and not be confused with most other london hotels. Coming down for a bit late breakfast at 0930 there still was a lot of different food to choose from just as if you arrived when they opend in the morning . The food was nicely done and they filled up frequently.
All in all a very good hotel with a prime loaction that gave good value for the money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank jaatlantic

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your delightful review regarding your recent stay with us.
I am extremely pleased to read we were able to make such a big difference to your trip to London. Thank you for your kind compliments regarding our service and staff. We are passionate about delivering great and attentive service and I am sure the team will be pleased to hear your praises. Our location is indeed much talked about and Oxford Street as well as Marble Arch are just a short stroll away. Our Super Breakfast buffet is a perfect start for the mornings and will sent you up for the day.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel soon again. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me if there is anything I can help you with.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

My wife and I were concerned when we read several previous reviews for this hotel that were not very favorable -- poor Front Desk attentiveness, care and responsiveness during check-in/out; poor elevator (lift) condition; poor room, bath and bed cleanliness and condition; and poor service.

I am happy to say that NONE OF THESE WERE TRUE FOR OUR STAY. We found just the opposite and we had an absolutely wonderful time at this hotel. We primarily visited London for our son's wedding and the hotel was kind enough to accommodate our early arrival requirement with a lovely room. The hotel's location was perfect for us, and being just a five minute walk to great shopping on Oxford St. was a big plus.

We could not have been more pleased with the quality and service we received at the Radisson Blu Portman. We eagerly look forward to our next stay here when we come to England to visit our son and his new bride.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your flattering review regarding your recent stay with us.
I couldn’t be happier to hear that we were not only able to meet your expectations but also exceeded them in such a positive way. It is delightful to hear that you were pleased with both the room as well as the service we provide. Yes I Can-service is the heart of the hotel and it drives us as a company. It will be my absolute pleasure to pass your lovely feedback to our team.

We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you soon again when your travels bring you back to London. Until then, if there is anything I can further help you with, please do not hesitate to contact me as I am happy to help.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

This hotel is in a good location to explore London. The business class room was clean and functional but dated and could do with a face lift. The breakfast room is to small to service the clients efficiently in the morning and one has to either wait for a table or wait at a table whilst it is being reset. The staff were helpful, generally a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you also for your kind compliments regarding the staff. I am sure to pass them on to our staff as they will be a great motivation for the whole team. Allow me to extend my apologies regarding the queue to the Super Breakfast Buffet. I will certainly pass the feedback to our Food and Beverage Manager to follow up accordingly.

We hope to welcome you to the Hotel soon again! Until then if there is anything I can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed here on a recent trip to London. The hotel is centrally located an ideal for Oxford street and all the shopping. The staff were all very attentive and excellent concierge services. Great breakfast, however the restaurant food in the evening was pretty bland. Maybe that's why it was practically deserted. The rooms were average and the beds could have been a little more comfortable for the price. All in all not a bad experience, but I would shop around the next time for a better deal.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review regarding your recent stay.

I am glad to see that you were pleased with our central location and our Super Breakfast Buffet that will definitely set you up for the day. I absolutely agree that the Hotels location is ideal for shopping in the Oxford Street as well as visiting all the attraction in the central London.
I regret to hear that there would have been room for improvement when it comes to your satisfaction with your stay. We do offer a range of room types which we would be happy to show upon your next visit to find a room you would better suitable for your needs and preferences.

I hope to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel soon again. Until then, if there is anything I can further assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

This big plus of this hotel is its GREAT location.
However, it is quite an old hotel and rather expensive, considering the current state of the rooms.
The wifi didn't work; the shower was old and ugly.
I wouldn't return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you were pleased with our indeed great location near the Marble Arch. The shops at Oxford Street and the sights are just short stroll away. I regret to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay due to the issues regarding the room as well as the WiFi. We offer several different room types that vary both in size and décor. Upon your next visit we would be delighted to show you different types of rooms to find the room best suitable for your needs. When it comes to the problem with our free WiFi, rest assured I have informed our IT Manager who will certainly follow up with the matter. I do hope that the issues mentioned would not deter you from staying with us as it would be a shame to lose a valued guest. May I kindly ask you to contact me directly to better discuss your experience as it greatly increase my ability to attempt to remedy the concerns mentioned in the review?

We hope to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel soon again.