“Not great value for money.”

Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London
Ranked #438 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed here for the weekend if febuary, and had a junior suite. The room was very nice, but for the money charged I would of expected more. Dirty marks on the pillows and a dirty mark on one of the towels (pictures added). We also had breakfast which would of been lovely if it was warm. We had it delivered to our room one day and ate at the restaurant the next, and both times it was cold. I'm not normally one to moan about things like that, but that's because I don't normally pay a lot to stay in hotels in London, but this was a special occasion and I have ha better stays in hotels in London for a quarter of the price. Would come back but only if it was a good price I got it for.

1  Thank SjH400
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing regarding your recent stay with us and bringing your dissatisfaction to our attention.

Firstly allow me to extend my sincerest apologies for not being able to meet your expectations in this occasion. I regret to see you faced issues you with the cleanliness of the room as well as the room service breakfast. I assure you this very unusual and certainly not up to our standards. May I kindly ask you to contact me directly regarding your recent experience as we would certainly like to make it right for you?

I do hope to have the pleasure of hosting you soon again and I trust that we will be able to meet your expectations the next time.

laura.johansson@radissonblu.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,526)

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Have stayed in this hotel many many times, both business and pleasure.
I like it quite a lot, no personal touch but best possible quality for an
international brand 4star hotel. Location very very good, the best part
of the whole deal. But rooms are quite nice as well, nothing special but
quite ok. One thing to take into an account: there is a big Mosque quite
close to the hotel, so the hotel-guests are really mainly muslims. And it
means a lot of children running around the hotel, also at night.
Rooms: basic ones ok, but really, if you can take the upgraded version
and ask for a balcony; the balcony is not big but it makes the windows
and amount of light enourmous - highly recommended!

Room Tip: Upgrade. Its worth it. Ask for balcony, great!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TheBlond

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review regarding your stay.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us in many occasions. It is our pleasure to be a home away from home for you whenever you travel to London. Our location is indeed great and very central. We are always happy to allocate a room with a balcony whenever they are available as they certainly are bright and comfortable.

We hope to have the pleasure to host you soon again.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

The only good thing about this hotel is the location...(1 min from Oxford Street and Marble Arch Station).
Standard room are very small, the hotel seriously needs to be revamped... Then the service is not wooow at all for a 4 stars hotel...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Na B
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your previous stay with us.

Allow me to extend my apologies regarding your recent experience with us and that we are not able to meet you expectations. I am pleased to confirm that we are planning for a refurbishment that we hope to materialize in the end of this year. We do offer a variety of room categories and there are of course larger rooms then our standard room that we would be glad to book for you. For the next time we would be happy to show you other rooms to find a room suitable for your needs. May I kindly ask you to contact me directly to better discuss your recent experience with us?

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again and I trust that we will be able to meet your expectations upon your visit

Reviewed February 15, 2013

stayed 7 night in february. from the start we got very kind and helpful treatmment at the reception, especialy by Valentina and Giovani. the room was very good and we felt at home. the location is perfect for a stay in london,

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing review regarding your recent stay with us.

I couldn’t be happier to hear that your stay with us was a pleasant one and that we were able to meek you feel at home. I will be glad to pass your kind comments to my colleagues Giovanni and Valentina. Your comments will be a great motivation for them. The location is indeed perfect –right in the heart of central London.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is a great deciding feature in choosing this hotel. It is two minutes walk to Oxford street and Marble arch station. Plenty of restaurants in the area for breakfast and evening meals. Local pubs also selling real ale two minutes walk. Hotel is very good standard just refurbished with new feel about it. Staff happy to chat which is unusual in London hotels. Large relaxing lobby here you can meet people and have a drink with waitress service. Large restaurant mainly quiet at night but full at breakfast. Well worth getting breakfast as it has everything from black pudding to salmon. Book this on arrival if not included as it saves you £6. I have stayed here before and came back which in itself is a recommendation. Put this one on your list. I love the blue twinkley lights outside. Like. Christmas all year round.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your last stay with us.

I am delighted to see that you were not only happy with our rooms and lobby area, but also with our great service. The service is indeed the heart of every hotel and I am glad that our staff was able to make you feel welcomed. Our location is indeed perfect – just a quick walk from Oxford St. and Marble Arch. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your Super Breakfast as well. It indeed is a great start for a day and especially with the current offer you will save you money.

I hope you will be staying soon again with us for yet another great experience.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed for a couple of nights in February. The hotel is near Portman Square which is only 5 mins walk from Marble Arch, handy for the Central Line.

I was upgraded to a business class room on the 4th floor which was nice, but the room was disappointing – I was expecting something really nice; glad I was upgraded as the standard rooms must be quite poor. The room décor is clean, newish, but stylistically from circa 1985.

The gym on the second floor is pretty good for a hotel gym, although quite small, with a good selection of machines, but Hyde Park is nearby if you fancy an outdoor run.

The bar on the ground floor is open plan with the hotel lobby and restaurant. I ate a Caesar salad, side order of chips, fruit juice, sparkling mineral water and a crème brûlée – 38 quid! Aside from the price, the food was stunningly average. The crème brûlée tasted ok but wasn’t warm on top and clearly not freshly made.

I might stay again because the location is good and there is plenty to do nearby. But won’t be eating in the hotel again and will keep my fingers crossed the standard rooms are ok.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank James S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to see that you were pleased with our indeed central location near the Marble Arch. I am glad that you were pleased with the upgrade given from the standard room to our Business Class room. We do offer different styles of décor when it come to our Business Class Rooms and upon your next arrival we would be happy to show the different styles to find the best room suitable for your needs. Allow me to extend my apologies regarding the experience you had at the Portman Corner Restaurant. Rest assured, your comments will be highlighted to our Food and Beverage Manager and he will certainly follow up with them.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon back to the hotel.

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I am laying in my very comfy bed in the Windsor Suite on the 11th floor.

The room and service here is faultless!

My wife treated me to a surprise nights stay in London and she booked us into a standard room in the Radisson Blu Portman hotel, when we arrived we were told we had been upgraded to the Suite on the top floor! We were so happy!

We want for a walk down Oxford street and when we returned to our room they had left us strawberries dipped in chocolate and champagne all complementary as they knew this was a special visit for us, we were both delighted with how attentive the staff have been to make our stay really memorable.

I review loads of places on trip advisor and it's rare I give 5 stars across the board, the Radisson Blu Portman hotel and staff deserve it, 5 stars all the way!

Thank you to you all for looking after us so well.

• Stayed: February 2013
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing this heartwarming review regarding your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to hear that we were able to make this surprise visit to London such an amazing experience for you and the special event even more memorable for you. We could be happier to surprise and delight you with the upgrade as well as the romantic set up that included the chocolate dipped strawberries and champagne. It will be my pleasure to share your kind comments with our team and they certainly will be a great motivation for the whole team.

We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you soon again and in the meantime, if there is anything I can help you with please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

With Kind Regards