Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London
$205
$288
$279
1,590 results
All reviewsoxford streeta business class roommarble archhyde parkstandard rooman upgradetwo blocksnespresso machinejunior suiteexcellent locationbreakfast was excellentbusiness tripwest endtube stationselfridgesconciergedoorman
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I am laying in my very comfy bed in the Windsor Suite on the 11th floor.

The room and service here is faultless!

My wife treated me to a surprise nights stay in London and she booked us into a standard room in the Radisson Blu Portman hotel, when we arrived we were told we had been upgraded to the Suite on the top floor! We were so happy!

We want for a walk down Oxford street and when we returned to our room they had left us strawberries dipped in chocolate and champagne all complementary as they knew this was a special visit for us, we were both delighted with how attentive the staff have been to make our stay really memorable.

I review loads of places on trip advisor and it's rare I give 5 stars across the board, the Radisson Blu Portman hotel and staff deserve it, 5 stars all the way!

Thank you to you all for looking after us so well.

• Stayed: February 2013
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing this heartwarming review regarding your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to hear that we were able to make this surprise visit to London such an amazing experience for you and the special event even more memorable for you. We could be happier to surprise and delight you with the upgrade as well as the romantic set up that included the chocolate dipped strawberries and champagne. It will be my pleasure to share your kind comments with our team and they certainly will be a great motivation for the whole team.

We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you soon again and in the meantime, if there is anything I can help you with please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

With Kind Regards

Laura Johansson

Guest Relations Coordinator
+44 (0) 207 208 6000
laura.johansson@radissonblu.com

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Can anybody suggest me a special place to stay in central London? For a second time I choose a place which have to emotions...
OK:
- location
- cleaness
- room is pretty small
Bad:
- old
- bellow Radisson level (compare with Scandinavia)
- boaring..

Resume: not bad, not good... will try to find something special, maybe boutique type next time

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We are disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations - please contact me directly whenever you have travel dates in mind as we would be delighted to welcome you back and show that we can be the hotel you are looking for.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I picked this hotel for its location and good reviews about breakfast and I wasn't disappointed.
It was a surprise for my husbands 50th and we got a very good rate with breakfast included and when we arrived I paid an extra £15 for an upgrade to a superior room and it was lovely - we even had cake saying happy birthday and a bottle of sparkling water which was a lovely touch and bathrobes and slippers on the bed.
The only problem was the telly wasnt working it was saying standby when we walked in and because we were getting ready for dinner we didn't pay any attention but when we got back it still wasn't working but they couldn't do anything because it was too late they offered us to move to another room but it was gone midnight and way too late to start packing up and moving rooms. They explained it was one of their newest rooms and the interface had gone and as we were checking out in the morning it wouldn't be fixed before we left - it wasn't a major problem just annoying as we have paid for something and it didn't work. It was obvious it wasn't working when housekeeping were in as they had left the telly on and not reported it.
I thought we might have been invited back at a reduced rate or a discount but on check out nothing offered.
I'm not sure if I would book again as I would worry if something wasnt working and only staying 1 night no-one seemed to worry - this was a special occasion for us and our first night away since our daughter was born and she is 3 and a half now !!!

• Stayed: January 2013
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Thank you for writing a review about your most recent stay with us. We were flattered by the many positive comments and will certainly share your praise with the team.

I would however also like to take this opportunity to apologise sincerely for the TV issues you experienced during your stay. We did indeed have an ongoing issue with our TV interfaces for a few days which we understand was very disturbing for our guests and which we are very sorry for.

Please do not hesitate to contact me whenever you have travel dates in mind and I would be delighted to look after your next booking personally therewith ensuring everything goes smoothly. We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

With kind regards,

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

the location of hotel is nice very near to hyde park and oxford street

the standard rooms are small, but business rooms are ok even though the furniture is a bit old.

this hotel knows how to turn crises to opportunities. the room i was given first night had a problem with its air con. both hotel manager and onur really closely dealed with the issue and did they best to solve the problem. ?t was like a lecture how to gain from a problem with the right attitude and actions

all staff was really friendly and helpful.

overall it is one of the places ? an stay again in london

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write about your recent experience here at our hotel. Your comments are a wonderful example that a difficult situation, even though it should not have occurred in the first place, can be turned around to a very positive experience for the guest. This is why makes our "Making it right" process so unique.

Many thanks for your review. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed over a weekend for a function that was taking place in the hotel. It was extremely easy to get to being only a 5 minute taxi journey from the train station. The foyer was light and clean with check in being efficient with very friendly helpful staff offering lots of help and always with a big smile. The room itself was clean if a little dated and could do with a bit of refreshing but had all we needed and was away from the road so nice and quiet.

We attended a ball in the upstairs function rooms and had a very pleasant evening, was maybe a little disappointed with the food but when catering for such a large number was not suprising that it was a little bland, however once again staff were very helpful and attentive. A pleasant weekend away.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay with us as well the function you attended that evening. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your time at the hotel, however would like to apologise for not meeting your standards in regards to the dinner.

Our staff is indeed wonderful and helpful - your comments will be a great motivation for the team.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.