“Radisson Blu Portman, London”

Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London
Ranked #440 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Very comfortable and centrally located hotel for Oxford Street shopping. Excellent service and good food - dinner and breakfast. However, hotel restaurant in evening was chilly, not conducive to comfortable dining and family shared time. Did not sit in lounge for coffee and drinks after meal - too cold and uncomfortable. So lost family time with relatives from Scotland. Restaurant manager arranged for bottle of wine in room next morning - didn't make up for lost time, but he was very apologetic.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and our convenient location as well as our lovely food but were sorry to read that you found it too cold in the lobby to sit. We trust you still enjoyed a nice time with your family and hope we can welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

With kind regards,
Stefanie Korte
Guest Relations Manager
stefanie.korte@radissonblu.com

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Poorly maintained property -- housekeeping staff overlooked numerous issues.
Shower was not usable for the first night of our stay, and no attempt was made to alleviate or compensate. Also, a dangerous metal baseboard was sticking out of bathroom vanity at floor level. Neither item fixed until the following afternoon and no regrets expressed by management.
To add insult to injury the in-room espresso maker was also not working, and the buffet breakfast was mostly overcooked and dry.
A much better experience was had a week earlier at the Radisson Blu Berkshire a few blocks away on Oxford St.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jim A
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to review your recent stay here at the hotel.
I regret to read that you were not satisfied with your stay and allow be to extend my sincerest apologies on behalf of our staff. I was disappointed to see your comments in regards to the issue not being attend to right away. I assure you this is not how we usually operate.

We do sincerely hope that this recent experience does not deter you from staying with us in the future as it would certainly be a shame to lose you as our valued guest. May I kindly ask you to contact me directly via the e-mail address below to discuss your recent experience as i would like to make it right for you?

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

With kind Regards

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel one night before the start of the Olympics. The hotel is in a great location just a few steps away from the shops on Oxford and a short stroll over to Hyde Park. From the hotel you really can just stroll for hours and explore the city very easily without having to take the tube or bus at all. If you do need the tube there are two stations close by Bond Street and Marble Arch. Both are a short 5 minute walk away.

The rooms are quite small at this property but I guess normal sized for London. The room looked a bit dated and could use a refresh. The room was clean and did the trick for the one night for me. The free wifi worked great. I had the breakfast included in my rate. The buffet breakfast had a great selection of food.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Gord_Mtl
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write such a positive review.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our indeed very central location near Oxford Street as well as Hyde Park. The location couldn’t be better when it comes to shopping opportunities as well as exploring the exciting city of London. As we are currently offering six different room types, upon the next visit we would be glad to show you different rooms I order to find the suitable room for your needs.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel the next time your travels bring you back to London.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I and my wife spent one night there, and as good it was only one night. The location is good but you have to pay for it. If you're offered room no. 251, say no thanks. You almost see through the carpet, the room is very small; I even had to go outside to change my mind. The hairdryer gave up after 20 seconds and 3 guys showed up in a minute. Probably they thought somebody was smoking. They took the hairdryer but did not bring a new one that worked.
The breakfast was excellent and I can't complain about the staff. They did what was required of them.

Room Tip: I'm told the higher floors have been renovated
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Sigleifsson

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write the review and bringing your dissatisfaction to our attention.

I regret to read that we were not able to meet you expectations on this occasion and on behalf of our team I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for the issues you faced during your stay. I assure you that that the matter relating to the hairdryer has been brought to our Chief Engineers attention and he will certainly see that such issues will not re-occur. I was very pleased to see that you did enjoy our Super Breakfast –what a great start for the morning.
May I kindly ask you to contact me directly to the email address below to discuss your recent experience further as I would certainly like to make it right for you?

I hope that this recent experience will not deter you from staying with us again and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed there for about a week for Business+pleasure
Pros:
1. Nice location
2. Great breakfast
3. Rooms were well equipped
Cons:
1. Staff was not very friendly
2. View was terrible but then its Central London
3. Place needs some polishing up

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Traveler659

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write the review regarding your recent stay with us.
I was glad to read that you were pleased with our well equipped rooms as well as our indeed central location near Marble Arch and shopping in Oxford Street. Thank you also for your compliments regarding the Super Breakfast Buffet –it certainly is a great way to start a busy day.

I regret to see that you were not completely satisfied when it comes to the staff and service. As this is unusual to our staff and not up to our standards, I would greatly appreciate if you could kindly contact me directly regarding the issues you faced during your stay. I do have the pleasure to confirm that we are at the stage of planning a full refurbishment which we hope to see materializing on 2013.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of hosting you again the next time your travels bring you back to London.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed in this hotel as was attending a conference located there. Had one of the Business Class rooms as it was a last minute booking. This meant that the room cost £320 for one night which seemed overpriced for what you got. The room wasn't a bad size, but by no means large for a twin and was somewhat shabby in places. Bed was comfy and got a good nights sleep, very quiet hotel but a rather noisy air conditioning unit. Very limited choice of TV channels, mostly foreign so I was glad of being out for most of the evening.

Didn't have dinner there but did have breakfast. The choice of food was excellent as was the service.

Would use this hotel again, but not at that price!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ian S
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your review with us

I would like to thank you for you kind compliments regarding the Super Breakfast, which indeed is a perfect start for a busy day. I was glad to hear that you were pleased with the comfortable bed as well as the quiet location. I regret to read that you faced issues with the air conditioning unit and I assure you that the matter will be brought to our engineering department to be attended accordingly. For the next time I would highly recommend our great advance purchase deal: if you book up to 28 days prior you can save up to 20%.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

A great hotel conveniently located near Marble arch and Oxford street

Room was on 11 floor- lift only went to 10th so had to go up another floor on foot. Maybe an issue if you have mobility problems but fine for us

The room itself was spacious and spotlessly clean. Paid 290 for 2 nights room only which was well worth it. We marked the room down only as the tv intermittently lost the sound- seemed to be an issue with the signal rather than the set itself

We had room service food and it was good without being absolutely outstanding.
The service in the hotel was great - particularly Solomon the porter who we saw on several occasions and was always happy and smiling

We would return to this hotel and recommend it to others without a doubt.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank Jonathan H

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write your very positive review regarding your recent stay with us.

It was my pleasure to read your compliments regarding the spacious and spotlessly clean room as well as the room service. Thank you also for your lovely comments regarding the service in the Hotel. Salomon is truly a Gem and a fantastic team member and he will certainly be flattered by your praises.