“Eat till you drop!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Norfolk
“Eat till you drop!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was attending a two day meeting at the hotel. The staff were attentive and nothing too much trouble. We ate breakfast in the restaurant and then was faced with another in the meeting room. The lunches were delicious and variable and it was great to go home, so that we didn't have to eat anything more.
The bedroom was good, however the bathroom was bijou and had mould around the bath and walls which let down it down.
However, I would definitely visit again if I am in London as the stay was excellent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you so much for taking your time to write a review in regards to your recent stay and event held in house. We are delighted to read your comments, especially in regards to the breakfasts and lunch as well as our indeed lovely staff - your report will be a wonderful motivation for the entire staff, especially the Food and Beverage Team.

I was however disappointed that your great impression was slightly let down by the room housekeeping and we will certainly follow up with the housekeeping management. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

With kind regards,
Stefanie Korte
Guest Relations Manager
stefanie.korte@radissonblu.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed overnight on a Saturday having attended an event in the hotel, the staff at the event were good and looked after you the hotel is not 5 star and this was clear.

The room was dated with wood veneers all over it could do with a freshen up.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing the review regarding your recent stay with us.

I was very happy to read that you did enjoy your day at the event organized at the hotel. Thank you also for you flattering comments regarding our staff, who were only happy to take such a good care of you during the event as well as your stay. I do have the pleasure to confirm that hotel is a four star and I hope that you felt that the experience you had, would be a good representation of this. I am also glad to inform that we are now planning for a refurbishment that we hope to see materializing in 2013. If you would have a moment to share any improvement ideas or suggestions you might have regarding the rooms may I kindly ask you to contact me directly. Your comments would certainly be appreciated now as we are planning the refurbishment. However, regardless of your response to my request I want to make sure that you feel your comments were heard.

I am very much looking forward to having the pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel in sometime in the near future.

With kind regards
Mallorca
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is a lovely hotel. This was my 3rd visit this year and I'm never disappointed. It's the staff !!
Everyone greets you with a smile and makes you feel so welcome. I could not go to London and stay anywhere else !!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing review regarding your recent stay with us – what a great motivation for us all.
We do take great pride in our fantastic staff and I couldn’t be happier to read that we have always been able to make you fell welcomed and appreciated.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to hotel soon.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

London England
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Very courteous & efficient check in. Business class room disappointing - small, & the bed at an odd angle with room for only 1 bedside table - how can this be considered business class?- not an impressive bathroom either - all tired, worn & in need of refurbishment. Although the room was very quiet I wouldn't have wanted to stay in it for more than 1 night. The general reception area would benefit from a makeover as well & would improve the hotel greatly. The breakfast was terrific & the staff very attentive. Check out equally top class. Free wi-fi always welcome as charging is so unnecessary. Would definately return if the rooms were upgraded.

Room Tip: ask for a refurbished room
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Radisson Blu Portman hotel and taking the time to write the review.

I am delighted to hear you appreciated our always helpful and attentive staff as well as our Super Breakfast. The Super breakfast is indeed a perfect way to start a day. We do take pride in our excellent staff and your lovely comments will be a great motivation for the whole team.
I regret to read that you were not completely satisfied with our Business Class rooms. For the next time we would be happy to show you some of the other Business Class rooms as the rooms vary in the lay out as well as the decor.

I do have the pleasure to confirm that we are on the stage of planning a refurbishment that we hope to see to materialize in 2013. Your comments regarding the rooms are greatly appreciated now that we are planning the refurbishment.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again to the hotel in the near future.
In the meantime, if there is anything I can assist you with or if you would like to offer further suggestions regarding the upcoming refurbishment; please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

With kind regards

co.antrim
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This hotel was great from start to finish, upon an efficient check in we were directed to our room. One thing I would say read the hotel information first, if you lift anything or move anything from the mini bar you will be charged for it. The bed was massive, bathroom had all the toiletries you need, cotton buds, shampoo,conditioner,body lotion. Selection of teas/coffees/biscuits, plus an ice bucket, ice machines are located near the lifts. Breakfast had everything, seeds,nuts,fruits,cereals,breads,ham,cheese,and a fully cooked selection, only down side was that the cooked section was not hot as was the tea, but I asked for a pot of hot water so this rectified this. Evening meal was to die for, soup was delicious, steaks were superb staff were very good especially in the restuarant Yvanki (not spelt right) but do you know who I mean. Checkout was so efficient as well , specila mention to Laura, loved this hotel would def go back, if I got a deal

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write glowing review regarding your recent stay with us.

It was a wonderful motivation for the whole team to read your very positive comments on our helpful staff and Super Breakfast Buffet, which is a perfect start for a busy day.
Our staff is indeed a real asset to the hotel as they are efficient and always ready to help. Thank you also for your praises for the delicious dinner at the Portman Corner Restaurant and I was also very happy to read you appreciated our good selection of amenities in the room.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of hosting you soon again.

Until then, if there is anything else I can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Camberley
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Visited the hotel a second time for an anniversary. Hotel staff remembered us and we were very well taken care of. Would heartily recommend this hotel. Easily accessible, great location and superb room. Will probably now make this a regular annual visit. Restaurant, Reception and Bar are nice and airy with a great view of the Square and a great place to meet.

Room Tip: Every room we have been given was great
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing such a great feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I was my pleasure to read your glowing review and that you found all of our staff helpful and friendly. Thank you also for the flattering comments regarding our superb rooms as well as our indeed central location. It was our pleasure to make this stay a fantastic experience for you and make your special day even more memorable.

We can’t wait to host you soon again when your travels bring you back to London.
Until then, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Truro, Cornwall
Reviewed October 13, 2012

The big plus are the staff. There are plenty of them and while the reception desks can get overloaded - there are only two which can get overwhelmed when a party arrives - in every other respect they looked after me very well. I was given an upgrade because my room wasn't ready - a bit of a surprise at 20:00 - but I appreciate the free wi-fi. It isn't just that it's available. It's also very straightforward compared with some places. All you have to do is put your name and room number into the browser once.
Dinner isn't cheap, but there is a three course for £29 deal and it was freshly cooked and extremely good. It was also substantial and I ought to have settled for two. Breakfast is very busy and the restaurant can become extremely crowded. When they ran out of tables we were invited to sit in the bar and they offered to bring breakfast to us, but it's only a few metres more.
The meeting rooms are good and in varied sizes, and the lunch was better than most conference sandwich lunches I get, with a variety of breads, wraps, and plenty of fruit. All in all, it's a good place to stay. Small downside - for reasons that elude me, the TVs' sound goes up and down and every so often it goes silent for a couple of seconds. This is the third time I've stayed here and it has happened in each room.

Room Tip: They're all good and they're all quiet. You may have to wait a while for a lift when the hot...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write the glowing review regarding your recent stay.
It will be my please to pass your flattering comments regarding our helpful and attentive staff to my colleagues - it will be a great motivation for the whole team.

I was glad to read our staff took such a good care of you throughout your stay. Indeed they are asset and heart of our Hotel. In the rare case that problem may rise they are always ready to help and do their best to find a satisfactory solution.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed our Super Breakfast as well as your dinner at our Portman Corner Restaurant. We do take pride in our great Chefs as well as the fresh ingredients used. Thank you also for bringing the issues with the TV's sound to our attention, we will certainly follow this up with engineering department.

I hope that you will visit us again when your travels bring you back to London.