The access to a private garden
The cons: it is next to a busy pub - noisy in the evenings and the noise from when they dump out wine/beer bottles into the trash bin which is located between the two establishments. Also, across the street is a elementary school which meant noisy from play ground in the morning before school starts and during recess throughout the day.
The noise from traffic, school and pub is a huge issue for their units that face Randolph Avenue because all the windows and doors are single pane glass, which also meant there is no insulation of any kind. One night it was quite windy, and the master bdrm in the 2-bdrm apt we were in got quite cold because the draft came through the bathroom single pane window and went under the gap in bathroom door. Europa House should really invest some money on replacing these old single pane windows with double or even triple pane windows.
The other noise we encountered for 3 of the 5 nights we stayed was water pressure noise that one night lasted until 2am, another night 12:15am and 11:45 pm another night. The noise always started around 11pm.
In addition, we were unlucky that the guests in the next apartment had a toddler that we heard him cry every day. This is even when we were out of the apt most of the time.
The bedrooms are in need of blackout curtains.
We stayed at apt #10 and we would not recommend it due to its location in the bldg because of the noise from traffic/pub/school. The 2nd bedroom is more quiet because it faces the garden.
There was also a mix up in meet and greet. When we arrived at the apt, no one was there to meet us. We had to call the mgr on duty and do everything over the phone. It all worked out at the end but had they sent the instruction via email earlier instead of the day of arrival it could have been avoided.
I'd only recommend Europa House only with the apartments that do not face the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Little Venice, West London, Europa House Apartments provide the perfect base for families, couples or professionals who prefer to stay away from the bustle of central London. With one, two or three bedrooms, a separate living room and fully fitted kitchen, each apartment offers a home from home feel, providing complete freedom with the added comfort of a 24 hour telephone concierge. Guests can enjoy direct access to the three acre communal gardens where there is also a playground for small children. The organic lifestyle shops and cafes of Clifton Road are nearby and there are many restaurants and pubs in the local area, including The Warrington Pub right next door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Europa House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Europa House Hotel London
- Europa House London, England