“Ideal for 02 and for one night”

Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf
Ranked #366 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hampshire
“Ideal for 02 and for one night”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here to go to a concert at the 02. It was only a 5 minute walk to the dlr. then jump on the tube for one stop. The hotel is ok, we stayed in a twin room as I was with a friend. Beds and pillows are comfy which is what you need. But for some reason they put us in a disabled room with a wet room, the wet room was certainly wet as the water didn't drain away which made the bathroom floor a massive puddle. But maybe we just got he wrong room! It's ideal for 02 and for one night

• Stayed October 2013
ibisLondonDockland, General Manager at Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf during your visit.

Even though I am pleased to read you enjoyed the location, I am disappointed to read about your experience in the water drain which we are addressing.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sylvie Gallon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
East Midlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Room was basic as expected but the bathroom was like a porta loo, it is basically a plastic pod in the room. The 2 bath towels were the size of tea cloths and the water from the make the whole of the floors space very wet and slippery. The shower was ok though, good temperature and pressure. The room was very hot when we go back to the room late evening and the air conditioning failed to work, we go the young lad from reception to have a look but he couldn't get it working either so we had to sleep with the window open. The window faces Canary Wharf and Billingsgate Fish market so we had traffic noise all night and had a terrible nights sleep. We didn't bother staying for breakfast as we didn't want to pay any more money as we feel that £108 for a nights stay in this room was far too much. One other thing is the parking, you have to pay £7 to park in the Hotel car park and they don't mention anywhere that you can't drive straight into the car park as it is block by building works so I had to leave the car on double yellow lines while I ran into the hotel to ask how I get into the car park, I was given a map and had to drive back the way I came and follow diversion signs. Why they don't mention this on the website I don't know? It would have been helpful. Unless they reduce the rates of the rooms to around £50/60 I would never stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ibisLondonDockland, General Manager at Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your thoughts. I shall follow up on your comments for immediate action.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Well, we booked this hotel through ibis website directly but after reading reviews from tripadvisor!

1) checkin- was ok as i felt the welcome was really cold. They gave us our room at 12pm as we had arrived early by 10 am which is the only thing I'm happy about. And no bell boy, you need to carry your own luggage no matter how many you got!

2) room - was decent for the price we paid, with only coffee and kettle in rooms! You have to pay for tv! Oh and no complimentary water!

3) internet - cant complain as we could use internet in our rooms through wifi with good speed!

4) location - was perfect with mcdonalds right across and DLR 5 mins walk away!

5) laundry- we kept our bag of clothes which we wanted to be ironed only to see it kept back untouched! Yes, we did fill the laundry form but they gave a damn to inform us as why they couldn't provide us with laundry service!

5) breakfast - same continental tasteless breakfast everyday! Not happy as i paid for it!

6) room service - PATHETIC! We ordered food last night of our stay and were told that:

Reception: once your food is ready we shall call you to come and collect your food from reception
Me: why don't you send it to our room as its room service
Reception : sorry, we don't have staff!

Fine, we went down to see our food kept on table UNCOVERED! We asked them to cover it as we will be back in 2mins!

While taking our food:

Reception guy(with direct rude approach): you need to pay for the food.
Me: of-course we will pay, charge it to our room.
Reception: sorry, your room is booked and paid in advance so we cant add it to your room.
Us: ok, let us know the amount, i shall bring the money (while picking the tray)
Reception: sorry mam, before taking the food you need to pay, i cannot let you take the food!!!!

Bloody hell, as if we are running away with the food! It just pissed me off!
I went back up, bought the money and gave it to them with no apology in return!
Even with it being a budget hotel, basic service and ethics prevail even in a 1 star hotel of hotel industry! Was not expecting anything great like a 4 or 5 star service!
This was absolutely rude, disrespectful and pathetic!

Oh i am writing this review from same hotel room :) and surely checking out tom morning!

If you are looking to just sleep in hotel rooms with good location and price - go for it!
Or else look elsewhere as I'm totally disappointed with Ibis in London!

They are brining down the name of ibis!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ibisLondonDockland, General Manager at Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. I was disappointed to hear about the issues that you have encountered in our hotel and I would like to assure you that I am personally investigating the matter. Please feel free to contact me directly on sylvie.gallon@accor.com in order to discuss the issues further.

We hope to see you again soon.

Yours Sincerely

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was convenient for City Airport using the DLR which is about 5 minutes away. The room was acceptable for one night and I thought that it being on the ground floor it might be noisy but it was ok. The bed was comfortable but space was limited. The both room was more of a cabin style wet room which was ok in itself but after a shower the whole floor was wet as the water failed to drain quickly and the floor became away. Otherwise it was an ok stay for a short stay with no frills.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf.
I am pleased to read you enjoyed the location and I hope to see you on your next trip.

Yours sincerely,

Cotswolds
Reviewed October 8, 2013

It's an Ibis, so I expected clean, small and functional - which is what I got! The staff were lovely. The bathroom is a real problem. Like other reviewers, as soon as I started using the sink, an awful smell of sewage filled the room. I phoned for a member of staff who arrived promptly with bleach but seemed very unsurprised. It's obviously a common problem. The smell didn't go away and was making me feel ill, so I asked to be moved to another room. This was managed very efficiently but...the smell was present in the second room too! PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE DRAINS/SEWERS!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Aengus
ibisLondonDockland, Manager at Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback.

Your experience does not reflect the normal high standards of service we offer so please accept my sincere apologies.

I shall follow up on your comments for immediate action. Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback and I do hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future for a hassle free experience.

Shamsudeen Seinulabdeen