“Very Good Hotel Bed and Breakfast for the Price.”

Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf
Ranked #378 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Phuket, Thailand
“Very Good Hotel Bed and Breakfast for the Price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed in the Ibis in the Docklands after visiting the 02 Arena to See Barty Gibb. You cannot walk from the Hotel to the arena and a taxi will cost £20.00 at least each way. But with the low hotel B&B costs it was OK. You can stay within walking distance but you will pay more even with the taxis. Staff welcoming and informative, room was very clean with the modular shower/ toilet system which is very functional, good firm double bed and pillows. Slept well after we turned off the noisy A/c system. Breakfast was a surprise at only £8.99 each, very good value and quality although they only provide scrambled eggs, but that was v/good. If you are looking for a budget hotel whilst attending the 02 I would suggest you stay here. I certainly will next time I am at a concert.

Room Tip: I think at the Ibis all the rooms are ths same, so all good.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ibisLondonDockland, Manager at Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am very thankful for your feedback here on Tripadvisor following your stay at the Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf.
I look forward to welcoming you back at the Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf.

Kind regards

Shamsudeen Seinulabdeen
Assistant Manager
Ibis London docklands canary Wharf.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in September 2013 for a gig at IndigO2

The room was very comfortable, with great air con, TV and shower "pod". Pretty much like any Travelodge, but with a comfier bed, better TV and more space.

You can't walk to the O2 from here. It was £15 to get a taxi, but I caught the tube back to Canary Wharf, and walked 15 minutes - it can be tricky to find late at night, so make sure you plan your route. It's very safe, but tiring on the legs if you take a wrong turn.

There's no room service after a certain time, but you can get drinks and snacks in the bar. The staff are very friendly.

I was really impressed with breakfast - everything you might like is on offer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
ibisLondonDockland, General Manager at Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf.

Aylesbury
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed the night after seeing Fleetwood Mac at the O2 as it is conveniently just 3 stops (with one change) away. Rooms were comfortable and clean. The staff were very friendly. Price was very good booked 6 months in advance! The breakfast was excellent. Would definitely stay again if we went to another concert at the O2.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ibisLondonDockland, General Manager at Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very glad to read that our staff made again all the difference and also glad you liked our convenient location and our breakfast offer.

It was a real pleasure looking after you and we would be really pleased to welcome you back to our hotel for your next visit to London.

Derry, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a good location for me to visit friends in the city and central London. Rooms are basic, clean and bed was very comfy. The only complaint I had about my stay was the bad sewer smell in the room that was coming from the bathroom. I told reception about this and they moved me straight away. Unfortunately the new room also had the bad smell. It was a shame, but could only have managed 2 days with the smell.
Hotel is close to Blackwell DLR and a 15 minute walk to Canary wharf.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
ibisLondonDockland, General Manager at Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your thoughts, I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the location.

I have taken note of your comments about the smell in the bathroom and I can assure you that we are looking into the issue in order to prevent future occurence.

Please feel free to contact me directly on sylvie.gallon@accor.com if you need any assistance.

We hope to see you again soon,

Kind regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed her for one night in Sept 2013. Room layout is a bit different to most other hotels but this is only a minor detail.

Rooms were clean, bed was comfy, staff were friendly. Price wasnt the best but for a last minute booking (for work) it wasnt too bad.

Breakfast was good, the food was nice and there was a good variety.

Location was ideal as my office is on Canary Wharf so only a short walk away. Not recommended for central London!

Pleasant experience and I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
ibisLondonDockland, General Manager at Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very thankful for this kind review and for giving us the maximum score of 5 stars following your stay at the Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf.

I am pleased that you had a great time with us. I am particularly satisfied to see that one again our staff made all the difference by being so friendly.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to our property for your future trip to London.

Hastings
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights in early September. The room and bathroom were clean, if small. Water pressure in the shower was great. The towels weren't special and we could have done with a hand towel in the bathroom. Everything was exactly as described on the hotel website. Staff were friendly and efficient, making check in and check out very quick and easy. Just a few minutes walk from DLR and Canary Wharf. The rooms was very quiet but as the air con did not seem to work properly we had to keep the window open and put up with the traffic noise. We decided to not have breakfast at the hotel as it did not look all that appetizing and seemed to us to not be good value for money. Although not everything was as good as it could have been, we will stay again next time we go to London as the overall package was still far better than that of a much more expensive hotel in the same area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your review.
I am pleased to read you found your stay good value for money and enjoyed the location and the view and I hope to see you on your next trip.

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

My husband, daughter and I stayed at this property for 2 nights. The room was tiny and not represented in the photos on the web site. The curtains were falling down (literally) and there wasn't any air condition. There was a fan that sounded like a car backfiring. We did tell the front desk, who sent maintenance. He came quickly and told us that there was nothing he could do. He suggested that we turn off the fan, which we did, but it was incredibly hot. Since the family rooms are on the ground floor, and next to the parking lot, it was loud, and did not feel safe. We did ask for another room and were told no.
I will say that even though the bathroom was smaller then the one we had on a recent cruise (which was extremely tiny), the shower pressure was great (but bring your own amenities, and they only had hand towels and no wash clothes).
We stayed at this location as it is very close to a family member we were visiting, however next time, I will happily pay more money to stay at a nicer property that is more family friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ibisLondonDockland, General Manager at Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. I was disappointed to hear about the issues that you have encountered in our hotel and I would like to assure you that I am personally investigating the matter. Please feel free to contact me directly on sylvie.gallon@accor.com in order to discuss the issues further.

We hope to see you again soon.

Yours Sincerely,