“Excellent value for money”

Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf
Ranked #393 of 1,088 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Antwerp, Belgium
“Excellent value for money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Positive: Excellent value for money. Close to DLR station. Good breakfast, good bedding. Friendly service.
Negative: Wifi was not free available, so you had to queue for computer in lobby. TV set in room a bit worn.
I'll certainly go there again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

ibisLondonDockland, Assistant Manager at Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Docklands Canary Wharf. Kind regards, Maria Pla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed in this hotel when i was visiting London on business. The hotel was clean efficient and very good value for money. It is perfectly located for Canary Wharf which is only a 10 min walk away. The closest DLR station is East India which gets you to central London (Bank) in only 13 mins. The rooms are relatively basic but are clean and everything worked as it should. If the hotel is booked far enough in advance then it becomes fantastic value for money for a London hotel. I would definitely use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Higher numbered rooms are further away from the road.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us at Ibis Docklands Canary Wharf and I hope to see you on your next trip. Kind regards, Maria Pla
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am a travel agent who has recently returned from a weekend break in London with my husband.

As I have visited London numerous times and stayed in different hotels and locations in London, I was keen to book a decent hotel at a good price with good location.I didn't think I'd be able to get everything I was looking for as a first trip to the city for my husband.

However, I was wrong as the Ibis docklands is a great hotel with friendly and helpful staff, good location and good facilities.

We had an issue with our key card one evening when it wouldn't work and it was sorted in a matter of seconds.
The staff made us feel welcome and nothing was a problem.

The hotel itself was spotless and very modern looking, and bar prices very reasonable.

The rooms were of a decent size with a very comfy bed. The bathroom was nice and spacious also.
Snacks could also be ordered 24hours which was useful after a long day sightseeing!

Location suited us just fine as two mins walk to Blackwall dlr station which was easy enough for us to connect to tube stations if need be.
Also canary wharf was a ten minute walk from the hotel and we enjoyed having a quick look around the shops in there before going to the food court for a quick bite to eat one evening with plenty of choices of establishments.

There will be some visitors to London who would prefer to be right in the city centre especially if any mobility issues, although for us this hotel was ideal as it was very good value for money, immaculately clean and good location. I would rather stay at the ibis location than compromise on standard of hotel or price to go closer to the centre.

I will definitely be recommending this hotel to my customers and hope to visit again soon.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Ibis Docklands Canary Wharf. I look forward to welcoming you back. Kind Regards, Maria Pla
oscar1995
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was our 3rd visit to this hotel and booked again for May when we see Beyonce. It is always clean with friendly staff yes it is quite basic but has all you need for a base to to visit the O2 which is what we use the hotel for. Parking is £7 for 24hrs which is great for London. Location has the DLR right by it so easy to get into central London. Room has tea, coffee facilities and lovely shortbread, they provide an hair-dryer. The only thing I would like is more towels each day there was only 2 and when you wash you hands etc I feel you need a hand towel for this and then as we are a couple so 2 people having showers need 1 each and I also like one for my hair it isn't enough but that's my only critism and just a personal view. The room temperature was excellent and windows can be opened unlike some hotels, I did find the bed a bit hard but again just personal preference. Good hotel definitely recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank oscar1995
ibisLondonDockland, Assistant Manager at Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Ibis Docklands Canary Wharf. I look forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards, Maria Pla
portsmouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

just spent a night here as i was going to the 02 for a concert, check in was very easy and i was put in a high floor room as i had requested.
on entering the room it was light and airy, with all the modern touches. the bed was very comfortable, so slept very well.
the bathroom was smallish, but ok for what i needed. shower was great.
we were offered breakfast, but decided to to eat out.
when i go back to london i will stay here again as its cheaper than staying in central london.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank signum37
Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back at the Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf. Kind regards, Maria Pla.
Schwyz, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We looked for a place to sleep; just that and no further pretences. We found exactly what we were looking for. e.g. a clean and well maintained hotel. The bar looked OK and the small restaurant as well. The DLR is just around the corner and an excellent daily starting point to explore London, and you can walk to Canary Warf. We were there in the week between Xmas and New Year and the prices were higher than normal, but altogether quite reasonable. This is the excellent place to stay, If you want to spend your money on shopping and sight seeing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bernard S
Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us at the Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf and I hope to see you on your next trip. Kind regards, Maria Pla
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Our room was very quiet and the bed was especially comfy. The bathroom door was difficult to close but everything else in the room was great. Very good value for money. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jane_ibbett
ibisLondonDockland, Assistant Manager at Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us, we have noted your comments about the bathroom door, which we have since addressed. I hope to see you on your next trip at the Ibis Docklands Canaty Wharf. Kind regards, Maria Pla.