“Never again”
Review of Colliers Hotel

Colliers Hotel
Ranked #990 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Glad the stay was a short one, the only good thing about this hotel was the location. the bathroom was tiny was like the size of a wardrobe (no exaguration). we didn't get the room we wanted had to share a bed (no issue but would rather have had the two single beds we asked for) the sheets were thin. which wasnt good considering it is now winter. the staff were ignorant. didn't give us a warm friendly welcome. the breakfast facilities were a joke. everything about it was just terrible.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Well,I am not used to this kind of hotels but as a last minute solution for a romantic break in London,the Colliers Hotel was pretty decent.

The location is great, Victoria is literally 3 minutes away, the room is alright and the bathroom is just hilarious,it's like 1x1 meter.

Me and my lover had a good laugh about it but giving the cost and the amazing location,this place is a decent place to stay.

Definitely not the dream hotel but for young couples it's pretty alright.
I wouldn't complain about the place, it's clean and reasonable for the price.

Do not count too much on breakfast though,there's only cereals,bread,milk and juice. Literally.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed at the room #107 for one night only, so no complaints really. The room was clean, had a decent size TV, hairdryer, wardrobe and etc. The only thing I was not really happy about was the size of the shower - it was tiny(see picture)! I am one of those petite type of people, so I survived but I guess it might be a little bit problematic for someone bigger. Also, I don't know why but it was really hot in there and I didn't feel save sleeping with a window open on the first floor.
The hotel had a pretty standard breakfast for those B&B hotels: juice, coffee, tea, cereals and toasts with jam.

Overall, you get what you pay for, so no complaints. You can't expect a first class service if you paid 40GBP for a room in the central London.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank pioneeringventures
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Im so glad my stay was a short one. The rooms are tiny and the water supply in the shower alternates from boiling hot to freezing cold every two seconds. The bed is hard as nails. Towels are not changed every day, and when i asked for two clean towels ,I was only given one! Breakfast is a joke!!What a nightmare

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ilovelondon1063
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have just spent three of the most peaceful and comfortable nights in a London hotel this past few weeks. I read the reviews only after booking and was worried that I was facing a "Fawlty Towers experience", but my experience far exceeded expectations. I would have given this hotel a Very Good rating but I think they are trying their best to improve their service, so In my opinion they deserve an Excellent rating on this occassion.
Decent breakfast, decent internet quality and clean rooms. Small but adequate en-suite. Definitely no bedbugs!

Room Tip: Try and get a rear-facing room with en-suite.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ILP-JP
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed five nights at Colliers Hotel, over the Jubilee Weekend and found it to be excellent value for money, clean, tidy and all the staff were very friendly. I didn’t read the reviews before I had made the booking but my wife did after I had and was very worried with the feedback offered, which is not a good start to any holiday. So I really must take issue with the real lack of perspective from the reviews and I would advise anyone looking for a nice place to stay to try the Colliers Hotel out, it’s convenient for central London and very reasonably priced.

Here’s my review - The room was spotlessly clean, fresh towels provided and the shower was really good and refreshing. Whenever we spoke with the owners or the service staff they were always courteous, polite and helpful. The breakfast is basic, but it’s what most Britons have for breakfast every day of the week, there is always plenty of jam for the toast and the tea is fresh and hot.

My daughter and her friend stayed one night in another room and that was just as good. If anyone has written a bad review about this hotel, then in my opinion, having now been there, it speaks more of them than the hotel and they shouldn’t be so puerile.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank David9456
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you so very much David, because of guest like you we are running our business efficiently. You too were a fine customer for us and from us Best always gets the best. Hope to see you again whenever you in London.

Best Regards,
Sohil

Reviewed June 4, 2012

We booked into the hotel, firstly they couldnt find our bookings, then the receptionist disappeared twice and came back with a key.He wanted us to pay cash, he said the machine wasnt working (we had to go to the hole in the wall). He took us out the hotel, down the road, to another hotel, and showed us our room. We were horrified at the state of the room. To cut a long story short we went back to the collier hotel and made a big fuss, it was not what we booked. They eventually put us in a room in the room we had booked. Staff were very rude, very small rooms, and breakfast very small. This review just covers the surface, please find other accomadation if you can afford it

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple