Tripadvisor
London
2,661 results
All reviews british museum kings cross breakfast was excellent convenient location family room west end tube eurostar bloomsbury
Selected filters
Reviewed January 19, 2020

An overnight stay while attending a business dinner at Madame Tussauds. My single room was really very small but perfectly adequate for the few hours I was there, and the bathroom appeared new and sparkling clean and the bed was comfortable.

Reviewed January 18, 2020

They keep wrong reservation details and you may be interrupted in your meeting while eating breakfast to tell you that your breakfast isn't inclusive.

The Room was left uncleaned. They did not even change used towel, did not clean the glass I used to drink (it had used water from last night).

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed January 17, 2020

Located in a quiet part of town, but within walking distance to the British Museum and the St Pancras train station. Hotel has all basic facilities and rooms are well organized and contain all essential amenities.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed January 13, 2020 via mobile

I stayed here for the first time with work. I stay at a lot of Hilton’s and have to say this is the worst one in a long time. The hotel is tired and dated. I ordered a glass of wine and it was £14.50. As a diamond member I didn’t get any acknowledgement when I checked in. I stayed in Liverpool last week and I was welcomed, given 2 free drinks vouchers and a welcome letter. This experience was far different and very disappointing. For the price it’s just not worth it. I won’t be choosing this Hilton again

1  Thank Melaniej78
Reviewed January 13, 2020 via mobile

This was indeed a stay of two halves. I have stayed at Hilton hotels for years on a business and leisure basis. I booked this hotel for a leisure stay for 2 nights mainly due to its location near the station and University where I was viditing my son.I arrived early evening and my room 321 was ready. Check in was swift and professional. The room was clean spotless. The view of 2 external walls was extremely depressing but the bonus was I had no noise from traffic so I could sleep at night. Breakfast was included in my room rate. I paid £5 tray charge to have it in my room. I cannot complain about the breakfast which arrived on time, was hot and plentiful but the sausages were poor quality. The breakfast tray with leftover food and dirty dishes was removed by housekeeping early afternoon and placed outside my room. It was still there at 10pm at night!!!
The bathroom did not have a bath like most London hotels but it did have a shower - not very powerful but it did the job. There was a bathrobe and slippers available, the towels were fluffy and fresh.
I left the room early afternoon and spoke to someone from housekeeping in the corridor and asked them to provide me with fresh towels, toiletries and to freshen up my room. On my return the room was made up and I was left with more toiletries than I expected. This was a pleasant surprise as many hotels do not want to give too many toiletries away.
However, never in my life have I ever had to leave the hotel and go to a local shop and buy toilet paper as the paper provided by the hotel was so cheap and nasty.
I tried to order room service in the evening but the telephone in the room was not working. For this reason I decided to leave the hotel and eat out. The hotel lost out on the opportunity of food sales.
I asked if I could have a late checkout and the man at reception could not have been more helpful. Instead of at 12 noon checkout I was given a 1:30 pm checkout which really helped with my plans for the next day.
I feel that the staff who work at the hotel give of their upmost snd work very hard. The service was excellent. However I feel that the senior management of Hilton are cutting costs and not giving customers, especially those with Honors membership the quality of the hotel experience that we used to receive over the last 20 years.
There wasnt even drinking water provided in the room.
Unexpectedly I found that I needed to stay in London for an extra night. Instead of booking a third night at the Hilton I decided to check-in at the hotel opposite the road which was cheaper and provided more for my money and I have written a separate review for. Hilton you need to get your act together....in future I will choose the hotel opposite for its’ bath, power shower, nespresso coffee machine and free biscuits/water...and of course the loo roll!!!

Trip type: Traveled solo