WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #682 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
“Hilton London Euston”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

I stay in a lot of Hilton's and i rarely have not nice things to say but I do have to call out a few things. Firstly though I ahve to say the staff were brilliant. Over the 3 days i was there I saw them having to put up with not nice guests and they dealt with them professionally and curteosly and a credit to the hotel. They were always polite, helpful and pleasant to talk to. The hotel itself is situated a few mins walk from Euston Square and 10mins walk from Euston. There are a few eating places and pubs near by if you didnt want to venture into the main city. I was though disappointed. I paid slightly extra than normal as 1stly the picture on the web site made the hotel look 'exotic' and i thought i would get larger than normal rooms. The rooms were smaller than the average size but pleasant. The bathroom was not large but i have to point out that the bath had very large sides and I had difficulty getting in and out and believe an elderly person would struggle tremendously. The beds were comfy but the duvet did not really fit the bed and the pillows may as well not had been there. The main call out also was i arrived on the Fri evening around 9pm and a hoover was left outside the door. It was still there Sat morning and disappeared sometime Sat to be back there Sunday morning along with dirty laundary. i do not expect to pay the price i paid to have to encounter hoovers and dirty laundary to try and get to breakfast. The breakfast was lovely. I can never complain about a Hilton breakfast and is one of the highlights. Overall the hotel was fair to good but for the price charged i think it needs to have a little over-haul.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear ruth c,

Thank you for taking few moments to leave your review on Trip Advisor following your stay at the Hilton London Euston.

I am very glad to hear that you have looked the hotel, the room and the Hilton Breakfast. I would like to thank you very much for your comments about our team, I will ensure that they have been passed along to our reception team. I am very sorry about the hoover and drty laundry left outside your room during your stay, this is not a usual policy and I will ensure to speak to our Housekeeping department about this.

I am glad you liked the location of the hotel, we are indeed very close to Euston and also Kings Cross mainline stations and a few minutes walk to Euston Square and also Warren Street Underground Station.

We do hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Diego
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Spent 6 days at this hotel for business. Luckily my work kept me busy most of the time and I could spend a minimal amount of time in my room.

The room was extremely small, somehow they managed to squeeze a twin bed into the small space. The furniture was beat up, carpet nasty and just an overall appearance of a 'old' room. Only one elevator was working which meant it took 5 or 10 minutes to go up or down sometimes. The wifi was 'ok', although I often spent 30 minutes waiting to get DHCP'd an IP address.

Sat at the bar a few times for a beer, service was very slow!

Would not stay here again, feels like this is a 2 star hotel which bought an old Hilton sign at an auction and put it up.

Room Tip: See the room before you buy!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear fafanfooey,

Thank you for leaving your review on Trip Advisor following your stay with us.

I am really sorry that we have not met your expectations during your stay with us. The hotel is located within a Victorian Listed Building and so the room sizes do vary depending upon their location within the hotel. I am very sorry that you did have a smaller room on this occasion.

We do hope that in order to restore your faith in the hotel you would come back and visit us the next time you are in London.

Guest Relations

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Wallasey, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Provided you pay for an upgrade this hotel is ok (but not cheap). Beware though, if you book online for bed & breakfast, make sure your e-mail confirmation shows bed and breakfast. The reception staff may try and charge you twice. Take your e-mail confirmation with you.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Alan B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am very sorry to hear that we have not met your expectations during your stay with us. I am sorry that you were charged twice for breakfast, this was a system error and I trust that it was sorted out by our front office team.

We do hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Fort Myers, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

I booked a tour through Gate 1 Travel but wanted to come a few nights early to experience some of the city's museums. Although the hotel for the tour was booked, Gate 1 reserved me a room at the Euston.

I arrived early in the morning, and the hotel was kind enough to let me check in right away, and offered me a complimentary breakfast. My room was teeny-tiny, but had everything I needed for just me and was quite comfortable. While the hotel is a bit older and somewhat worn, it was spotlessly clean and more charming than shabby. Wifi was free even in the hotel room.

The concierge and front-desk staff was extremely helpful, marking locations on the map and explaining how to take the Underground.

The hotel was a great location - a few blocks from two different tube stations and a short ride to most attractions. It was also very walkable to different parks and places to shop and eat. I felt very safe in the neighborhood.

The breakfasts were good, as was the restaurant food - I had an afternoon tea that was a bit pricey (although not by London standards) but really nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank 4hersheybear
Dear 4hersheybear,

Thank you for taking a few moments to leave your comments following your stay with us at the Hilton London Euston. Thank you for your five star rating.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with and found our location very good. We are in a indeed in an excellent location from travel in and around London as well as just a one minute walk from our nearest park.

Thank you or your comments about our team, they do prove to be a great source of motivation for our team and I can assure you they have been passed along.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stayed here with a group of 16 people. We had 4 king deluxe rooms which were all superb and each with an extra bed as requested. The rooms were clean, spacious and air conditioned. The hotel were very accommodating in storing our bags till check in and also stored them the following day until it was time for us to catch the train. Great location for Euston station, bus stop opposite the hotel which takes you to covent garden and other locations. Would recommend this hotel others.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank LSSCM
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear LSSCM,

Thank you for taking a few moments to leave your comments on Trip Advisor following your stay with us at the Hilton London Euston. Thank you for your five star rating.

I am pleased and delighted to hear that you have liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your comments about our team members. I am glad to hear they were accommodating and helpful.

The hotel is indeed an excellent location for Trains from Kings Cross and also Euston Stations. There are many bus routes into the centre of London as well as tourist destinations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

For a "business" hotel it's very tired and shabby in terms of decor and the rooms are cramped. Cost wise is more expensive than Zurich where I stay a lot which is saying something. I stay for the location but can't believe the Hilton brand is this bad! The worst part is the wifi, £15 a day which is £450 per month for clearly BTOpenzone at a rate of 1 Mbps. That's extortion for an appalling service.
A joke for a brand I thought was meant to be good and only stay here because I have to for the location.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Pknowles,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of the hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the decor of the hotel. We are due a refurbishment of our bedrooms very soon. I am sorry that the internet charge was expensive.

The location if the hotel is indeed a very good one with access to the London Underground as well as mainline trains to the north of the country from Euston and Kings Cross.

I do hope that we have another chance to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

stayed one night whilst waiting to renew my passport. read some of the reviews here and was a little worried about the state of the hotel, pleased to say i had a lovely room, comfortable and quiet. i stay at many hotels (inc hilton) all over the world on a regular basis and this hotel was very reasonable considering the relatively low cost compared to other london properties.

near to the train station and very easily accessible. staff very accommodating and friendly. my room was a decent size, good tv, comfortable bed. more than adequate for a short stay.

Room Tip: i would avoid the small rooms, worth paying for a bigger room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear mark d,

I am very pleased to hear that you have liked your stay with us at the Hilton London Euston.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am glad to hear that you chose the hotel even though you had read some of the other reviews left. I am also happy that your room was to your satisfaction.

The hotel is indeed in an excellent location with train links to central London from Euston and Kings Cross via the London Underground. Both stations are mainline stations to the North of the Country also.

We do look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the very near future.