“Great Experience”

Ranked #651 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Arlington, Virginia
“Great Experience”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

The Hilton London Euston saved us! After staying at another hotel around the block, where the room was a size of a closet, we checked out and checked into the Hilton London Euston. As a family of 4 we stayed in the King Suite. There was plenty of room for the four of us and the hotel provided us with free WiFi. The hotel was clean and the staff very pleasant and helpful. Additionally, the concierge was very helpful in providing assistance on how to get around the city and back to the airport.

Would highly recommend the Hilton London Euston!

Lisa R

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Lisa R,

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel and that we met your expectations. Thank you for the great review on Trip Advisor.

I am glad that you liked our King Suite and there was plenty of room for your family. Thank you for your comments about our team members, we pride ourselves on our helpful and friendly team.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back to us again in the near future.

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jacksonville,Florida
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I am a Hilton Honors member and while planning a trip for my husband and son to celebrate High school graduation it seemed natural to stay at a Hilton whenever possible. Upon my check-in my husband noted that the deadbolt to the door was broken. This was brought to the manager's attention who acknowledged that it was broken but offered know alternative room and said that there was no need to have safety concerns as the the hotel is "monitored." Additionally, the manager refused to give his last name so that I could contact Hilton honros and make a formal complaint about the poor customer service.

Dear pinkbpv,

Thank you for leaving your review of the hotel following your stay with us. i am very sorry to hear of the experience you had at our hotel.

We have taken steps to find out who you dealt with upon finding your deadbolt was not working and I can only apologise one again for the poor customer service.

We hope you will give us another chance to welcome you to the hotel and to show the excellent level of customer service that we usually offer here.

Guest Relations

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

London, UK
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I, like so many before me on here (why did I not check this sooner!?) am a gold hilton honors member and used this hilton for its proximity to Euston station. I told myself after the last visit I would never stay here again after I booked a double room and found myself being offered a single room at the front of the hotel on a very noisy road and barely slept a wink! The previous time before that I had DREADFUL customer service from what I can only describe as apathetic staff, and a receptionist who's English was so poor I could barely understand her. Then when I booked breakfast to be sent to my room at 6.30am, I received a call (at 6.30am!!!!) to my room to ask me lots of questions about what I meant by "no dates" and "wholemeal bread"! Not difficult requests I would have thought!? Meaning breakfast was not with me until 7pm.
But it was my recent and LAST visit that was the worst when I stupidly thought I'd give them one more chance to get it right.
I had been out for dinner with clients and didn't get to the hotel until 11.15pm. I was on a very early train the next day, so was looking forward to getting my head down. I walked into reception and asked to check in only to be told "let me just get the manager". Alarm bells started ringing.
The night manager appeared only to tell me that due to a FLOOD, my room was not available and they needed to move me to a hotel 3 miles away. AT 11.15pm at night!!!
The hotel was apparently fully booked and so "there was nothing they could do about it". That was actually the language they used. Not, "I'm terribly sorry" or "we really hate to do this to you, can I do anything to help". No, just a shrug of the shoulders and "there is nothing we can do".

I asked to see the affected room, only to be told that they couldn't show me as it was being worked on!

That old chestnut. I have travelled the world enough to know when I am being spun a line and indeed I have even heard this excuse before when hotels overbook and then push people out to cheaper, lower standard hotels when they are full and make more money and avoid having empty rooms if people cancel on the day. The night manager would not confirm or deny this. I would not expect this from the hilton chain.

I then asked that why they made no effort to tell me before I arrived that this was the case? They claimed they did not have my contact details. As a hilton honors member, they have my contact details and indeed, through my work we book through a travel agent and they had received no notification. As such, I can only conclude that they made no effort to contact me.

At 11.15pm at night they were counting on me having no alternative. I declined their offer and called my firms emergency number and found an alternative at the Thistle hotel in Euston. I was lucky that I could do this, others may not have been. That said, the Thistle hotel is not of the same standard as a Hilton and was a lot smaller and yet, at that time of night, was more expensive. Again - no apology or offer to compensate me for this inconvenience. They felt that arranging a hotel 3 miles away was all they had to do.

So by the time I got to my hotel and had checked in, it was after midnight and I was so angry and worked up that once again, I got a dreadful nights sleep.

All in all, don't bother with the dreadful hotel. Poor service, lack of care and blatant focus on the money and not on the service.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear RobC78,

Thank you for taking a few moments to leave your review of Trip Advisor following your stay with us.

I am very sorry to hear that you had some disappointing experiences with us and to hear about you being booked into another hotel. Due to the maintenance issue we had on the day and also our anticipated pattern of arrivals and departures did not materialise we had a shortage of rooms upon your arrival to the hotel.

I do understand your frustrations and I can only apologise for that you were unhappy. I understand that the hotel has been in contact with you regarding your e-mail to our Operations Manager.

Please do give us another chance to welcome you to the hotel again in the near future so that we may restore your faith in our services.

IL, United States
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Nice hotel located in walking distance of St. Pancras train station and walking distance of Euston Station Underground. The room was clean, the staff were exceptionally helpful. There were several nice eating establishments and grocery stores within walking distance. The neighborhood was mostly residential and situated close to Westminster University.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Donald O,

Thank you for your comments left on Trip Advisor following your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us at the Hilton London Euston. Thank you for your five star rating.

I do hope that we have another chance to welcome you back to the hotel the next time you come to London.

Saint Charles, Illinois
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Unbelievably small room. The bed was against the wall on the left side. The air conditioning appeared to be blowing cool air from the vent, yet the room never cooled off. Upon arrival, our tv wasn't receiving a signal. We called down for service and they did send someone right away to their credit. Although the location was great for getting to the tube, I would not return to or recommend this hotel. This is the worst Hilton I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Dustyslome,

Thank you for taking a few momemts to leave your review following your stay at the hotel.

I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. i am sorry to hear about the issues your experiences. By a way of explananiton the hotel is located within a Victorian listed Building and therefore the hotel is not built to the same speciaifications as purpose built Hiltons.

We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you to the hotel again.

Australia
Reviewed July 11, 2014

This is our third stay at the Hilton Euston. This is one of the few hotels in London with a decent sized family room. Good location. Close to Euston Station. Breakfast was included and was great. We did not take the dinner deal and preferred to have dinner outside.

Phyo, Ravi and Titus, the front reception managers were great. The concierges including Karim were also great and helpful.

There used to be a gym in the hotel but that does not exist any more. I used to go for morning walks/jog around the place and there are some parks near the hotel.

There is a coin operated laundrette at 10 minute walking distance and we used it once during the stay. Near the laundrette is a reasonable laundry which we used to get a few cotton clothes ironed.

Overall a nice place to stay if you are looking for a decent family sized accommodation in central London.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear BoJo77,

Thank you for taking a few moments to leave your review of Hilton London Euston. I am delighted and pleased that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. Thank you for your comments about our Front Office Team, they have been passed along.

We do hope to welcome you back to the Hilton London Euston when you are next in London.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

I have been here for 6 days for work so the choice of hotel was not mine. But its been awful. I just spent almost 45 minutes stuck in an elevator. The elevators have broken down often most of my stay and so I should have never got on today but I did ( big mistake). We have demanded that management compensate us and i will be following up regulary to ensure they do. The rooms themselves are clean but the hallways and carpeting everywhere look filthy. I would not stay here again or recommend it to anyone.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Lisa R,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor.

I am sincerely sorry to hear that you were stuck in our lift yesterday. Our lifts are managed by an outside contractor and as such if they do break down we have to get them to come out and release you from the lift. Due to Health and Safety Policy our staff is not permitted to open the lifts.

I understand that our Hotel Operations Manager has already written to you regarding your experience last night, however we are truly sorry for the inconvenience and distress caused, we are regularly maintaining the lifts with our outside contractor.

Please do contact any of our colleagues at the Front Desk or Duty Managers if we can be of any further assistance during the rest of your stay.