Was in London for 2 nights on business in the City, a block away from the Tower of London. It was a last minute trip and there was a real shortage of rooms in that part of London. And what was available could be had for 400-500+ Sterling per night. The Hilton near Euston station was not exactly convenient but was "only" 259 Sterling per night. Not the best location for my purposes, but sometimes, what can you do?
Arrived about 130 pm, and check in was no problem. Given a room on the "first floor". Please note for North Americans, the First floor is not normally what you would call the Ground floor. At the Euston though, the First floor is pretty well the ground floor. My room was on the side street (Ensleigh Gardens), and if street noise is a problem, this would NOT be a good choice for you.
The room itself was not memorable, good or bad. I did have full control of the temperature however (not something you always get in Europe) and it worked great.
Interestingly, at check in the clerk explained how to connect to in room Wifi, but forebodingly said "if you have any problems, call me". You are supposed to enter your surname and room number and the charge is billed to the room automatically. This did not work at all for me, and when I called the front desk, they gave me a code to enter (different process) and I was not charged for Wifi.
Location - I have a bit of a mobility issue, nothing serious but not supposed to walk excessively. IMO, this hotel is not in a great location for sightseeing if you have any such restrictions. For Tube acccess, Euston Station is a reasonable distance, but IMO the other Tube stations are a little too far away to be considered handy. Particularly the Piccadilly line, where the nearest station (Russell Square) is too far to consider it a short walk, plus, that Station is not easy to locate unless you know exactly where it is. Why is this relevant? Well, if you fly into or out of Heathrow and want to take the most direct and economical route to the Hotel, the Piccadilly line is the way to go.
More on location. For embarrassing reasons, when I arrived at the hotel, I needed to purchase undershirts/tshirts. I asked the concierge where I might locate a shop selling this, and he could not identify anything closer than "Oxford Street". And no explanation as to just where Oxford Street was, other than a vague handwave "in that direction". My takeaways from this: one, there is not a whole lot around this part of town for shopping (or restaurants), and two, the concierge was not terribly helpful (also asked for other directional assistance during my stay and received a similar level of mediocre help).
I did not eat at the restaurant, but did order room service. The fish and chips was actually quite good and was delivered very promptly.
So overall, my stay was very average. Location was not the best, but manageable. Staff were OK, room was OK, food was OK. Because of location, this property would not suit my needs, and outside of price and availability concerns, I would look elsewhere for London accommodations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chic and central, Hilton London Euston is ideally located in the heart of the capital. Set in a stunning restored Victorian building, the hotel boasts seven meeting rooms, a bar and a restaurant set in a beautiful Victorian conservatory. Euston station is just 5 minute walk away and the Eurostar service at St Pancras Station is only a 10-minute walk away. Start the day with breakfast at Mulberry's Restaurant. Hire a bicycle at Waterloo and ride along the Thames to London attractions such as the Tate Modern. See the lights come up over the city from the London Eye before dinner at the hotel's Woburn Place Dining Room. Experience our enticing outlets, host a banquet on the Woburn terrace and finish with a nightcap at the hotel's bar. Book a modern Hilton Room at Hilton London Euston hotel or upgrade to a spacious Deluxe Room. All rooms offer wireless internet access. NOTICE: During the final stages of our refurbishment programme, we are working on various parts of the hotel, including the 4th and ground floors. As a result our main entrance is being altered from 13 February for up to 6 weeks during which period an alternative entrance is provided to guests. All of our available guest rooms are now fully refurbished. We continue to work towards minimizing the disruption to our guests as much as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton London Euston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Euston Hotel London
- London Hilton
- Hilton London Euston England