“Small single rooms”

Hilton London Euston
Ranked #628 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel is well located for those needing to take an early morning train from Euston or St Pancreas. However, less well located for tourists visiting London (although quite safe area).
I found the decor and service quite good.
I chose due to location (needed quick nights sleep and early morning train), and relatively low price. However, business travellers should note that single rooms are very small, beds very narrow, and anyone over 1m80 would be challenged.
Unfortunately fire alarm went off when I was there and all had to troop out onto pavement at 3am. Howvwer, I guess this can happen anywhere and hopefully is not regular occurance.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Diliana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. We are indeed very well located, King’s Cross and Euston are few minutes away. I would like also to advise that we do have many tourist attractions in the neighborhood; British Library, Regent's Park, British Museum or Madame Tussaud can all be easily reached nearby.
The size and shape of the bedrooms depends on their location within the property, we do have few compact rooms but also bigger bedrooms.
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience experienced with the fire alarm, on that particular night a full evacuation was required due to a number of guests smoking in their rooms. However during this year this has been the only unplanned fire evacuation that we have experienced.
I hope your experience does not prevent you from visiting us in the near future and once again, thank you for your feedback.
Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (2,248)

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Lovely hotel, great location, staff very pleasant, breakfast fantastic only tables too close to each other. Reception bit slow when getting our bags from storage room on departure. Rooms clean however beds bit hard. Air Con could do with being bit cooler, it didnt seem to cool the room enough however i would definatly stay here again

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Diliana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment following your recent stay with us in the Hilton London Euston.
We are pleased you liked the hotel. Your review is invaluable to us and your honest feedback appreciated.
I have taken note of your feedback regarding the AC. We hope you enjoyed your visit to the Big City and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I travel regularly on business and stay in hotels at least 50 - 60 nights of the year. This hotel is conveniently located for train stations but its quality of rooms, and staff service is a sick joke. If you want a night's sleep avoid this hotel - constant music and ineffective air cooling are guaranteed to keep you awake.

2  Thank L M
Reviewed September 8, 2013

When I checked in staff were uncertain of my card privileges. Given room on 1st floor with no natural light and the bedroom window overlooked the dining room. Generator noise coming through the walls and floor. Dull, old fashioned, needed some cosmetic work in the bathroom and bedroom. Returned to reception to ask for a change because, mainly the generator noise & vibration was quite impossible. Shown a second room of similar category. Bedroom window looked into the gym, for goodness sakes, and smelled of shower shampoo and sweat. Said was not acceptable and they eventually gave me a standard room with a window onto the street, smaller but would be OK. Sounds like I'm difficult. Believe I am not. I am a Gold Card holder and this is the very worst Hilton brand hotel in which I have ever stayed anywhere in the world.
Reception staff never smiled. No courtesy or welcome. No "Can Do" attitude.
I felt like an inconvenience
Last bedroom, floors creeked and it felt like someone else was in my room, when guests either side of me or upstairs moved around.
Very expensive, absolutely overrated, needs an entire refurbishment, no excuses - stay here at your peril!!

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
1  Thank WOLFSPIRITTRAVELLER

Dear Guest,

I am very grateful for you taking the time to share your experience with us. Your feedback is very important to us as it gives us the opportunity to review areas of the hotel that require immediate attention.
Please accept our sincere apologies if the size and standard of your fist room did not meet with your expectations. I have shared for feedback with our maintenance department for immediate action.
It is naturally concerning and disappointing when a guest is given cause for complaint and please accept my most sincere apologies that your stay was not indicative of the level of service you have come to expect and more importantly deserve when choosing the Hilton family of hotels for your travels.
It is never our intention to lose a valued customer and I would be very grateful if you would consider giving us another opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton London Euston in order to restore your faith in the service for which we are known.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The Hilton was very easily accessible and offered excellent service in a qualitative environment. The rooms were comfortable and the training venue was pleasant. The food was healthy, tasty and very attractively served. I recommend it to any discerning person or company for business or leisure.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are indeed very close to Euston Station as well was walking distance from both Kings Cross Underground and St Pancras International for ease of travel to Europe and to the centre of London.
Thank you for recommending the hotel and for your great comments regarding the quality of the food, which is a fantastic compliment to our Culinary Team.
We would be delighted to be able to welcome you back on a future date.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel . Pleasent staff. A bit cold receptionists though. No smiles , and don't look at you when serving you. Off putting. Breakfast staff very very pleasent and happy. Polite and helpful too. Expensive for a single occupancy . Pleasent surroundings and close too stations is a bonus . All good in general. Just a little rusty at reception . The breakfast staff were definitely the stars of Hilton Euston . Would I stay again? Of course!

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.
I am sorry to read that our front office team was not as welcoming as you expected but I was glad to note that our Breakfast team were able to make your stay an enjoyable one! I have shared yor feedback with them.
We are happy to read that you have plans to return, just let us know when you’re next in the area as we would be delighted to look after you once again!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I didn't know what to expect from this hotel, even after reading many reviews. I was definitely pleasantly surprised. Here are the pros:

- Good size room with good size marble bathroom
- Good size TV with proper HD channels
- Two big bottles of free water

That's about all I needed for the night before my flight back to USA.

I do wish that they had respected my request for early check-in. I wasn't the only one biding their time until 3 PM though.

Room Tip: Watch out for the cheapest rooms - It looks like the hotel may have converted some maids quarters to...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your review, I was pleased to read that you were pleasantly surprised. We love to see reports like yours that show our hard work is beneficial.
Having read your review it was a pleasure to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the quality of your room met with your expectations.
I would be delighted to be able to welcome you back on a future date.