We booked this hotel as a part "deal" with Tesco points. After all the rigmarole of exchanging nearly £100 worth of Tesco points we found that the price we were being asked to pay by the hotel, over and above the value of the Tesco points, was MORE than deals available on the internet.
The hotel itself is badly in need of an upgrade. We were on the top floor and there was a constant hum from, presumably, the air-con units on the roof; the corridor outside our room squeaked loudly every time somebody walked past; the cold water "pulsed" when turned on, causing a constantly changing and inexact temperature in the shower. The lifts are slow - and noisy if your room is near the lift shaft.
In a hotel that has an advertised rack-rate of over £250 per night, wifi in the room is at an extra charge and a landline-to-landline phone call to Hong Kong, available through many operators for 1 or 2p per minute, is charged at £10 PER MINUTE, "plus applicable taxes" - presumably VAT at 20%! What a rip-off!
The hotel is in an excellent location and is very convenient to Euston, King's Cross and St Pancras stations - but so are other, better hotels. In mitigation, it has to be said that the staff, the beds and the breakfast were all excellent - but the underlying decayed decadence, the poor infrastructure and the rip-off charges mean that I will always, in future, use those other hotels in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chic and central, Hilton London Euston is ideally located in the heart of the capital. Set in a stunning restored Victorian building, the hotel boasts seven meeting rooms, a bar and a restaurant set in a beautiful Victorian conservatory. Euston station is just 5 minute walk away and the Eurostar service at St Pancras Station is only a 10-minute walk away. Start the day with breakfast at Mulberry's Restaurant. Hire a bicycle at Waterloo and ride along the Thames to London attractions such as the Tate Modern. See the lights come up over the city from the London Eye before dinner at the hotel's Woburn Place Dining Room. Experience our enticing outlets, host a banquet on the Woburn terrace and finish with a nightcap at the hotel's bar. Book a modern Hilton Room at Hilton London Euston hotel or upgrade to a spacious Deluxe Room. All rooms offer wireless internet access. NOTICE: During the final stages of our refurbishment programme, we are working on various parts of the hotel, including the 4th and ground floors. As a result our main entrance is being altered from 13 February for up to 6 weeks during which period an alternative entrance is provided to guests. All of our available guest rooms are now fully refurbished. We continue to work towards minimizing the disruption to our guests as much as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton London Euston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Euston Hotel London
- London Hilton
- Hilton London Euston England