Recently returned from an extended visit to the UK including two seperate visits to London. On arrival to London, I had previously booked the Hilton London Euston king executive room. Our room was ready upon arrival and was very nice. We found the room very comfortable and the staff was very friendly and outgoing.
We found ourselves wanting to return to London for an additional couple of days prior to our return home to Canada. As we liked the hotel and it's location, we booked on line and got a twin standard room for three nights. Again, upon arrival which was well before the check in time, our room was ready for us. Waliking to our room we noticed all of the old televisions removed and laying in the corridors so we knew the rooms had been updated with new flat screen tv's and high definition channels. A nice plus.
Again the staff we're very friendly and one concierge remebered us and welcomed us back which was really nice. Our room was plenty spacious and comfortable. The lounge is very relaxed and provides great service and the breakfast is really one of the better ones we had while on vacation compared to the Hilton Dundee and Hilton in Aviemore.
The gym has a good variety of equipment and while certainly not near the quality as say the Hilton Dundee, it's adequate for a suitable work out while on vacation or business.
Yes this is an old hotel and yes it's difficult to modernize due to several building restrictions. I take it all in stride. I've read the complaints about noise from outside traffic etc. and while yes that is true of some room locations, I wasnt bothered by any of it. By comparison I stayed on the 15th floor of the Toronto Hilton this past summer which by comparison is a modern new complex compared to the Euston. I heard every emergency vehicle siren from my 15th floor room. London is a big busy city and full of lots of noise. Stay in the country if you want peace and quiet.
I really liked this hotel and by staying twice in one vacation on two seperate legs of our journey I believe attests my claim. My only criticism would be to provide free wifi to all guests. I'm paying fairly hefty rates to stay and having no wifi is a bit of a farce. I mean do I really have to walk down the street and sit in Starbucks in order to send an email?
Above criticism aside, I will definitely return to this hotel and would never hesitate to recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chic and central, Hilton London Euston is ideally located in the heart of the capital. Set in a stunning restored Victorian building, the hotel boasts seven meeting rooms, a bar and a restaurant set in a beautiful Victorian conservatory. Euston station is just 5 minute walk away and the Eurostar service at St Pancras Station is only a 10-minute walk away. Start the day with breakfast at Mulberry's Restaurant. Hire a bicycle at Waterloo and ride along the Thames to London attractions such as the Tate Modern. See the lights come up over the city from the London Eye before dinner at the hotel's Woburn Place Dining Room. Experience our enticing outlets, host a banquet on the Woburn terrace and finish with a nightcap at the hotel's bar. Book a modern Hilton Room at Hilton London Euston hotel or upgrade to a spacious Deluxe Room. All rooms offer wireless internet access. NOTICE: During the final stages of our refurbishment programme, we are working on various parts of the hotel, including the 4th and ground floors. As a result our main entrance is being altered from 13 February for up to 6 weeks during which period an alternative entrance is provided to guests. All of our available guest rooms are now fully refurbished. We continue to work towards minimizing the disruption to our guests as much as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton London Euston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Euston Hotel London
- London Hilton
- Hilton London Euston England