“Worst ever value for a Hilton”

Hilton London Euston
Ranked #644 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Minuscule and noisy room for 220gbp without breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2011
There are newer reviews for Hilton London Euston

Reviewed November 19, 2011

I stayed for a week here on business. Service is exceptional, and the location is excellent, right near Euston station, and the large St Pancras station, which was great for my trips to the countryside. However, the room is small, and on the third floor, I heard the bells of the local church every 15 minutes until midnight, every night. Located near University College London Hospital, there was also a horrific number of ambulance and police sirens that disturb the peace. Desk is small and cramped, difficult to work on it for any length of time without getting sore neck and back. Heating did not work in this very cold London week. Fan heater was supplied. Bathroom small and cramped, no bath. Is this Hilton standard? I think not. For a business trip it is OK. For a holiday, it would be a disappointment.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I was there for just 3 days. it is a good sub-brand of Hilton and I will get there again. just lack of free wireless is the main drawback of the London Euston Hilton!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I have stayed at the London Euston Hilton on many occassions over the last few years
and I always enjoy my time there. This is one of the smaller hilton hotels in london, but
this is a bonus for the following reasons. It has a very intimate atmosphere, the food in
the restaurant has always been excellent and their is a lovely lounge area. The rooms
are comfortable, well decorated and clean. The staff are very friendly, polite and helpful
and make you feel very welcome. The hotel has a great loccation just minutes by foot
from Euston Mainline Railway Station and straight across the road there are excellent
bus routes into central london (Holborn, Aldwych and The City). I highly recommend this
hotel for all the reasons already given.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank WELLTRAVELLED747
Reviewed November 8, 2011

This is one of my regular overnight places to stay when on business in London. It is usefully located for Euston and Kings Cross St Pancras railway stations and tube connections to the City, but otherwise not in a particularly pre-possessing part of London. I have had a wide variety of rooms. On my last stay I had a spacious and comfortable room on the ground floor - one of the best I have had. Other times I have been allocated less satsifactory accommodation - on two occasions a large room with a disabled heating control, so no opportunity to increase the heat. On others, single rooms of over-grown cupboard dimensions. None of this has mattered, since I usually arrive late and leave early and sleep in between. I have breakfasted very occasionally in the restaurant where the fare is the good standard Hilton offering, and room service is also efficient. I will keep going there if only for the excitement of finding out what the next room is going to be like! On the basis of my last stay, this deserves a "very good" but it comes down to "average" because of the variety of rooms. A more reliable alternative is the Islington Hilton if that proves geographically more convenient for the purposes of your stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank FPrefect
Reviewed November 4, 2011

We recently stayed here, paying for the room with Tesco Voucbers. As expected the room allocated to us was very small, un upgrade wasn't available, but they were able to move us to a larger room at the back of the hotel, which was a huge improvement. The only criticism would be the lack of storage space, a very tiny wardrobe and no decent sized drawers. We lived out of our suitcases, which was ok as we were only there for three nights, but would have been more difficult for longer stays.

The room was very clean, if a little tired. However there seemed to be a problem with air conditioning, blowing out cool air ok, but the room was still very warm. We gave up and switched it off, sleeping with window and curtains open instead.

Breakfast was very good, helpful staff and a good selection of food. We found all the hotel staff friendly and helpful.

The hotel is situated very close to Euston Station, which made it ideal for us. It is a little way from the sights, but again, this suits us as we are happy to walk rather than use the tube. Some might find it too far out.

Overall we were happy with this hotel and would consider staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SarkLover
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I arrived at the Hilton over half term with my mom and two daughters for a half term treat to see a show. Having stayed at the same Hilton in March we were looking forward to the same high standards. Soon to be mistaken when arriving in our room, we noticed it wasn't the spacious family room we had stayed in before...but a double room with two camp beds squeezed in. on top of this it smelt really badly of damp and there was blood splattered on the bathroom door paintwork. On complaining to the nightshift manager he looked to see if there were any other rooms but said they were full....basically he couldn't have cared less. He then offered for the room to be cleaned at 11pm at night....I don't think so!!! On check out we once again complained only to be fobbed off with some Hilton reward scheme card....won't be needing that as we will not be staying here again. It's a shame because the location is good and the breakfast is great....staff not helpful and just want to get rid of you. We wouldn't have minded but this room cost us much more than in March, they offered us no compensation which I think is disgusting!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Hayley D
EustonHilton, General Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2011

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for posting your review and I was sorry to hear that following your last visit you were dissappointed with this visit. I would like to contact you directly about this matter and would therefore ask to send me your contact details on angelika.meltzer@hilton.com.
Kind Regards