“Comfy and convenient”

London Bridge Hotel
Ranked #93 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I've stayed here quite a few times during business trips to London. The location is within convenient walking distance to offices that I typically visit. It is also very close to the London Bridge tube station. The hotel is small and cozy which is how I would describe the room. It's a little bit of a squeeze but I would describe more as efficient than as tiny. The bed is comfortable. Everything is very clean. There is a very adequate breakfast buffet. Face cloths in the bathroom. There is a nice blow dryer which can be utilized in front of a mirror. Not much of a selection of channels on the television. But all in all, this is my choice for a business trip.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Cynthia G
Write a ReviewReviews (2,808)

Reviewed June 6, 2014

My wife stayed overnight at this hotel and were very impressed. Located right beside the underground and over ground rail service we never heard any noise. The Shard is right by the hotel as well. The rooms were typical city rooms, a little on the small side but you expect this. The staff were all very attentive and helpful which sometimes is a bit unusual in large city hotels. \we only had the breakfast but it was good quality food. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for business recently . I was absolutely underwhelmed from arrival onwards. The front desk staff did the minimum when checking you in, the concierge missing, the breakfast like you'll find in a diner and the sofa in my room filthy. The location is however very central. I will not be back though, location or not.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Reenwoud
nickdrakeley, Director of Sales at London Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Please accept our sincere apologies for failing to deliver the high level of service you expected to receive at London Bridge Hotel recently.
In response to the points you raised, after 8pm we only have one member of staff at our concierge desk and he was assisting another client when you checked in at 9.47pm. Our receptionist did offer you assistance with your luggage, as they always do.
I have checked the small sofa in room 229, it is not dirty, it is covered with corduroy material which is made up of twisted fibres and depending on the direction the pile is brushed the material looks different shades. I can also confirm it was steam cleaned over the weekend of Friday 30 May 2014.
We offer guests a choice of a full hot and cold buffet breakfast in our Londinium restaurant or an A la carte breakfast in our Quarter Bar and Lounge.
It is a shame that you did not raise your dissatisfaction with our service directly with our staff at the time, as we would have made every effort possible to rectify the issues for you.
Perhaps you'll give us a second chance.
Kind regards
LJM

Reviewed June 2, 2014

This is a great value that is well located away from the central city but convenient to everything. We had several excellent meals within a few minutes walking distance from the hotel and were close to the Underground as well as attractions on the river. The staff were all first rate and very helpful with questions, arranging tours, cars, etc. The breakfast buffet is certainly adequate and given London prices, also a good value in terms of both cost and convenience.I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: A room not directly facing London Bridge Road would probably be a bit quieter but this was not a rea...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard L
Reviewed June 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel from 30/5 -1/6 this was our 3rd visit and again it was superb. You couldn't fault anything the staff were wonderful the rooms comfy and clean and the breakfast was top notch. As I mentioned this was our 3rd stay and at breakfast we noticed that there were a lot more people staying at the hotel compared to our first visit I guess this means this hotel is no longer a well kept secret, thankfully standards have remained high :) . Will we be making a 4th visit? Oh yes !!!!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Natwee
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed for one night as we were having a family celebration at the shard. The location was superb for the shard - literally a 2 minute walk. Also excellent for the tube station and the river sightseeing.
The rooms were a little small, but well equipped and very quiet. We all slept well on comfy beds.
The breakfast was also good.
We had a drink in the bar before going to the Shard, and the bar was very comfortable and the service was very good.
I thought the hotel was very good value for money, as we compared it to another close by, and this hotel was over £100 a night cheaper. I would certainly use it again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Kay W
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed here on a Saturday night. The hotel was next to the Shard and the perfect location to stay after eating and drinking there. The street was very quiet and we had a great nights sleep. The room was impeccably clean and service was faultless.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends