“Excellent concept for trips away”

Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London
Ranked #358 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Preston, United Kingdom
“Excellent concept for trips away”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was the first time I had booked into an apart'hotel and I will definitely do so again. The hotel was very clean, beautifully decorated in a neutral colour palette and offered virtually everything you could need. Staff were courteous, helpful and friendly. Complementary hot drinks were available downstairs all day should you not wish to prepare your own in the small but well equipped kitchen. The availability of a microwave is very worthwhile if you are travelling on a restricted budget especially with the close proximity of good supermarkets. Overall a very good experience. My only quibble is a very tiny one - the cups in the kitchen are tiny. Two mugs would be appreciated especially for northerners who like a decent cup of tea in the morning!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you kindly for bestowing us with your generous compliments in respect to our accommodations and amenities. We were truly delighted that we exceeded your expectations We look forward to welcoming you back to Citadines prestige Holborn.I have noted your comment about the cups and I will discuss it with my housekeeping manager to try and find a better alternative. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Germana Genovese

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The hotel met all our needs. The room was a bit small, but beds were comfortable. Kitchen was a plus. Plenty of restaurants and shops nearby. Staff was helpful and friendly. Onsite launderette was useful. Very glad to have free wi-fi. Room was very clean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your feedback. I am thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and your comments really are appreciated. Our location is ideal for getting around in the city, but the best part of the hotel is the staff. Thank you for recognizing their efforts! We hope to see you soon!, We very much hope to welcome you back very soon and until then we send you our very best wishes
Melbourne
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Nice, modern, good sized apartment with a fully stocked kitchen (very convenient) in a great location. Holborn station (which is on the line that goes directly to Heathrow airport) is only a couple of minutes walk away. There is a Waitrose supermarket across the road and a larger Sainsbury supermarket a couple of minutes walk away. This was our second stay at this place.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CC1976
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and your comments really are appreciated. I have noted that you have been with us before and your loyalty and patronage is very much appreciated. We hope to welcome you back very soon and until then we send you our very best wishes

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The apartment-hotel concept is a good one--convenience of self-made meals and modified housekeeping service.

The front desk was lukewarm when checking in, and almost seemed more concerned with their conversation re: their previous night's activities than helping the guests. The room itself was of average cleanliness and style was blah-- the colors appeared washed out and the main complaint (also mentioned by others) was that the TV screen was incredibly small.

The hotel's location and access to the Holborn underground station (as well as two bus stops, one across the street and the other around the corner) made this the redeeming factor in this stay

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review . I am pleased to learn that overall you have enjoyed your stay. I have noted your comments about the front desk staff and please be assured that I will be following up with the Front Office Manager. I have also noted the comment about the small tv. I would like to share with you that we are planning to change them all at the beginning of next year.

Once again thank you for choosing Citadines for your stay and I hope I can welcome you again soon.

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed here on 22nd September with my wife and 2 children as we were seeing the Lion King and read it was a good location, which it was. I had emailed the hotel previous regarding an early checkin as our show was at 2.30pm and checkin was 3pm, We were emailed with a maybe!! We arrived at 12 midday but were told we good not checkin. Huge dissapointment as we wanted to change and freshen up. We eventually checked in around 8pm as we were tired and the kids were exhausted, i have one teenage daughter and a 11 year old son, there was only one double bed and a settee. I went down to reception and mentioned this. He had forgot which room were in a said we could have 2 rooms near each other with free breakfast, then said we couldnt as he realised we had a bed settee. In the end after a lenghty discussion he retracted the free breakfast and said just pull the bed out. I left as i wasnt getting anywhere. My daughter and son had to sleep together, she is 13 and wasnt happy at all. We like to come to London every now and then and this hotel is right next to Holborn tube which is handy but wont be coming back to this hotel. Also It was not worth nearly £300 a night with no breakfast. On the plus side it was clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Biggie_d_69
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at the Citadines prestige Holborn Covent Garden hotel, I appreciate the time you have taken to share your experiences on this site.

Naturally your comments are deeply concerning to both myself and my team, who all share a passion for great customer service. Please be assured your experience is completely incongruous, as many reviews on this site demonstrate. However one review such as this is one too many I am extremely embarrassed that your time with us was marred by so many issues.

It would be churlish of me to try to justify the situation; clearly we failed you as a guest.

I would like to apologize that you had such an unacceptable experience, as a first time guests to the Citadines we missed a vital opportunity to win your loyalty, I can only hope we have an opportunity to alter your current perception in the future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Don't believe the pictures. This is a dreary place, dark, with very small rooms and few creature comforts. On the plus side, it's clean and the adequate kitchen is well supplied, but there's only a desk and one chair to serve as a place to eat what you prepare. Basically a fancy hostel with a hairdryer for a third star.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback.
I was so sorry to learn that you feel this way about the Hotel and the points you have mentioned,

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is a very conveniently located self-catering hotel with a Waitrose opposite. The staff are very polite and helpful.The kitchen area is smaller than in other Citadines, but the bedroom area is larger. However as we were preparing to go to bed we noticed bedbugs crawling out of the headboard and up the wall. We left.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Fromeview
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review which I was extremely concerned to read.
I am so sorry for the problems you experienced and would like to offer you my personal apologies. I will certainly follow up your comments about the bed bugs with my teamand thank you for bringing this to my attention.I can assure you that the problem has been addressed and has now been resolved.
I do hope you will stay with us again so you can experience our hotel as I would have liked you to on this visit. If you do return, please do let us know as I would like to meet with you personally.
With my best wishes,