We stayed at the Citadines Prestige Holborn hotel for only 3 nights in September 2013. The hotel is very modern looking, clean, conveniently located and quiet. Remember it is NOT a full service hotel. No restaurant, no room service and while it has daily cleaning, it only does full room cleans only twice a week. (Towels were replaced and bed was made everyday). But for us these were all bonuses and who wants to eat at the over priced restaurants most hotels offer anyway. Not to mention the room services charges on top of that. There are dozens of restaurants minutes away in any direction.
We did not pay for the breakfast as we like to sleep in and the rooms came with a kitchen. Small fridge, microwave, stove-top, sink and pots, pans, dishes, cups, cutlery, etc.
The room itself was also very modern, clean, had lots of storage for clothes, etc. 2 good size closets with place to hang clothes as well as about 5 good size shelves in each. More electrical outlets than in any other hotel room I have been in. And so many conveniently located where they can be used. Alot of thought went into designing the room to make it useful for visitors on vacation or business.
There is a safe, blow dryer and iron all in the room. Free internet; Wifi or direct connection, a desk, a couple of chairs.
The room had a desk, a small table, 2 chairs and even 2 more foldout chairs that were stored in 1 of the closets. The bathroom was a good size and again very modern and new looking, just like the rest of the hotel. The only minor thing with the shower was that it was long and narrow and used a shower curtain. I did not like the way the shower curtain moved around and stuck to my body sometimes. It should of been hung a foot away from the tub. But this is very minor compared to sooo many positives.
The bed was 2 singles pushed together as a double/queen size. It was very comfortable. It had a night table on either side and even a mantle behind it for your watch or iPhone to rest/charge as you slept.
Because reasonably priced, clean, contemporary European hotels are very heard to find, the Citadines Prestige Holborn very much exceeded my expectations. There is even a small gym with a good amount of equipment.
If your room is not ready they have a secure luggage room. Even though it is secure and they give you labels for your bags, within the room they have individual lockers that you can set your own combination on. I felt they were securely stored.
They have a coffee machine in the lobby so even if you don't partake of their breakfast you can get a cappuccino, latte, etc on your way out in the morning.
Nearby are 2 large supermarkets, the tube station connecting to 2 main lines is only about 1 minute away. There are also many restaurants to eat at for quick bites, like itsu and Pret a Manger, etc. Holborn is only 2 tube stops from Oxford Circus or Piccadilly Circus.
Any time I am in London or any European or Asian city I plan to find a Citadines again.
I will fully recommend this hotel to all friends and I wish they had locations across North America.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just a short walk from Covent Garden and close to the financial and business district, Citadines Prestige Holborn-Covent Garden London is surrounded by traditional pubs, international restaurants, art galleries and churches. At Covent Garden, visit the converted 19th-century fruit and vegetable market, the London Transport Museum and the famous Royal Opera House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Prestige Holborn - Covent Garden Hotel London
- Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London England
- Citadines Holborn Covent Garden Hotel