“Be ready when you book it.”

Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London
Ranked #362 of 1,068 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Leuven, Belgium
“Be ready when you book it.”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We were in Hotel for 2 night. In a beginning I should say that it is not type of hotels witch we usually stay! So, Location- good, next to metro station Holborn (when i said next-it mean really close -4 min walk). Area is nice, a lot of shops, banks, not so much people. When we arrive I didn't feel really welcome, but i guess it was late for reception girls. Anyway- we had our room, witch was ready for us (Of course-it was almost 7pm). Wifi is good for 2 days, anywhere in hotel for 4 devises. I should say that Wifi was really good. Breakfast is not included. Room was for 2 persons, one bad. Bad was comfortable, Tv was really small, one table, few chairs. From our window we could see some office. In room you have your own kitchen, really nice, small but reasonable. In a morning It better to go out and eat somewhere! Of course I wish we could have English breakfast, but you can find it in all of the cafes! There is few next to hotel, they are very good! Just If you go to Pre a manger- make sure about your tea, don't forget to check what they put in your bag! I will suggest to stay in this hotel to people who likes to have they own space, don't worry about metro, breakfast time and ext. Don't think it is really good for people who is visiting London on a business trip.If you have children, you might want to stay here, because of different size of room you can choose.

Room Tip: Maybe not the one next to office building!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank katya1990
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted to learn that overall you have enjoyed your stay. I look forward welcoming you again at Citadines prestige Holborn in the near future.

Germana Genovese

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This hotel was in a great location and was excellent value for money. This rooms were very nice and the staff were helpful and friendly. This hotel had every thing you needed for a London city stay.I would happily recommend this hotel to anyone visiting London

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Harlan_13
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I am delighted you have enjoyed your stay. Our location is great for getting around and I am pleased that you have also recognised my staff efforts and good customer service.

I look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Besthesda
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Great location within walking distance of many tourist attractions. Nice and comfortable apartment with small and convenient little kitchen. Very friendly and reactive staff (little problem with the fridge and it was replaced within 20 mn). Highly recommended if you look for an alternative to the regular hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Your comments will be shared with my team. I am delighted to learn that we have contributed to the nice experience and I look forward welcoming you back very soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Dispel the concerns that this hotel is too far from Covent Garden. It is within short enjoyable walking distance to the West End. A leisurely stroll takes not more than 7 minutes. The Holborn tube is 1 minute away with the best part being it is connected to the 2 main tourist lines-Piccadilly and Central lines. These 2 lines will take you to 90% of the sites e.g. Oxford circus, Green Park, Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square and so on. Totally convenient!

In addition, Waitrose supermarket is just opposite the hotel. About 30 steps away! We bought croissants, yoghurts and fresh fruits there during times we want to eat in. For breakfast, go behind Waitrose. There is a wonderful cafe known as Fleet River Bakery which serves warm porridge and fresh fruit yoghurt for breakfast. Affordable and delicious!

The rooms are big and the pantry with microwave is a great plus! Also the hotel staff always greets us with smiles everytime we walk past them. And we stayed 10 days!

Of course if I pay more i may get more posh furnishings or a great city view but I am very very happy with this hotel.

With this as our base, we enjoyed London thoroughly, despite the snow, sleet, rain and come what may. We visited Portobello market, Sunday Upmarket near Spitafields market and of course Borough market. We also made a trip to Bicester Village (the outlet brand mall) and I took a longer trip to Manchester to watch football at Old Trafford.

All in all, it was a unforgettable holiday in London made all the more enjoyable by Citadines Holborn!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TonyFromSingapore
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dera Guest

thank you for choosing Citadines Prestige Holborn as your accommodation during your holiday in London.It is always encouraging for us to learn that our valuable residents are satisfied with our service. We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.

Regards

los angeles
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is my second stay at the Citadines Holborn (March 10 to 17, 2013). I have also stayed at the Citadines Trafalgar which I liked a lot. I'm a very picky hotel guest and I really love this hotel. The rooms are spacious, for London, and very clean and modern. None of the grunge that characterizes London hotels. The finishes are contemporary and clean and the whole hotel, including the rooms, lobby, and halls, all come off as being very fresh. Some areas could use paint touch-up and I encourage the hotel to do so to maintain the clean aesthetic.

I wrote a review of this hotel last time I stayed there in September of 2012. At that time, my only substantive criticism was that the mattress was a fouton and had no box spring support, leaving me to hit the floor when lying on the bed. I brought this to the hotel's attention and they corrected the problem. The room I was given this time had a box spring mattress and the sleeping experience was perfectly comfortable. I also noticed that there were notices in the hotel's elevator that indicated that bedding upgrades were taking place the week of March 17, 2013.

I was surprised how quiet the room I received this time was, given that it is the heart of London. The double-paned windows did a good job of keeping the noise to a bare minimum, though I did have an interior facing room which helped. The only real noise issue comes from the housekeeping in the early morning. As the housekeepers go in and out of the rooms, they let the doors slam, making it difficult to sleep in the morning. An inexpensive device should be added to the doors that make them close softly rather than slamming.

My same comments from the previous review apply. The breakfast is good, though a bit on the expensive side. Now, however, the hotel has added a way for the guests to make soft-boiled eggs, which I really like. The coffee machine is available in the lobby all day and is a great feature. It was raining and the hotel supplied courtesy umbrellas to borrow. The kitchen area in the rooms had the same great set-up of refrigerator, microwave, kitchen sink, and stocked dishes.

One of the things that I noticed this time was that the temperature control on the shower was hair-touch hot. The difference between tepid water and scalding water is the a fraction of a twist and it makes it easy to get a shockingly hot water experience. There should be some sort of valve or temperature control that is centralized that stops the shower from dispensing scalding water. Also, there is a note on the shower glass saying that the tub floor is slippery and to use a mat that is provided. This is true. However, the mat makes the shower more slippery if it's just layed on the tub. You must push the mat to the tub's floor so the suction cups stick before the mat helps. I made the mistake of not doing this and got a bit of a bruise on my leg in the process. Once the mat is firmly pushed to the floor of the tub, it's very helpful. Otherwise, the bathroom is clean, contemporary, and very nicely appointed.

I particularly like the fact that the floor in the rooms is tile and laminate rather than carpet. Hotel carpet is never clean and more hotels should follow the Citadines approach in using hard cleanable floors.

Finally, I must compliment the hotel's staff in their service. When I first booked, there was a snafu in me booking one of the other Citadines when I intended to book the Holborn Citadines. The hotel's management staff handled this for me and transferred the reservation in such a gracious way that it was a pleasure to communicate with them.

I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Try the "No Barriers to Food" breakfast place next to the tube, a few minute walk. The br...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mikeinla2
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Further to your recent stay at the Citadines prestige Holborn Covent Garden hotel I am in receipt of your feedback which you very kindly took the time to complete online.

It is immensely rewarding to read such a positive review and serves as a great motivator to the team here at the Hotel.

We strive to provide our guests with memorable experiences in the hope that they will return time and time again. I am very happy to read that this is exactly what you intend to do and look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Clean and pleasant rooms (though the bed could be more comfy)
Has all the equipment you need (hairdryer, iron equipment, water boiler, tea towels, ...)
Friendly staff
Excellent location
Good (free) wifi included
Lots of eating places around including a supermarket
Tube station at 2 min distance

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Katelijn V
Thank you for your feedback which I was delighted to receive.
I am so pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us and how much you liked one of our rooms. Our location is ideal for getting around in the city, but the best part of the hotel is the staff. Thank you for recognizing their efforts! We hope to see you soon!
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Citadines prestige London Holborn in the near future.
With our very best wishes,
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I went to london for a business trip for 3 months. Chose Citadines studio apartment as it feels like home if you have the kitchen with you. The location of this hotel is great as it is in the heart of central london. Rooms are decent however 1 thing i disliked was that despite of me staying there for 3 months they gave me a room with no view at all. There were no discounts given as well. The staff there is average.

Room Tip: Take a roadside view if you don't wanna feel a loner.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank dssavla
Dear Guest

thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry we could not make your stay more enjoyable . If you ever come back to London please call me directly so I can ensure your requests are met.