“Stayed in the same room for 3 months”

Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London
Ranked #362 of 1,069 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Stayed in the same room for 3 months”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I went to london for a business trip for 3 months. Chose Citadines studio apartment as it feels like home if you have the kitchen with you. The location of this hotel is great as it is in the heart of central london. Rooms are decent however 1 thing i disliked was that despite of me staying there for 3 months they gave me a room with no view at all. There were no discounts given as well. The staff there is average.

Room Tip: Take a roadside view if you don't wanna feel a loner.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank dssavla
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guest

thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry we could not make your stay more enjoyable . If you ever come back to London please call me directly so I can ensure your requests are met.

Kind regards

Germana Genovese

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Really clean and pleasant rooms. Did seem a bit odd having a fridge and cooker in the room but means you can do your own thing for dinner or breakfast. You can buy provisions across the road so you can have any form of food depending on what you fancy. Nice big rooms, comfy beds and nice hot showers. Didn't eat there as it is close to Covent Garden. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are much quieter
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AndrewJ25
Thank you for your review.
I was pleased to read your comments and delighted to hear you had a good experience with us and you were happy with the service you received.
I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.
With best wishes,
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I was here for 4 nights working in London so location was the main factor for selection and for that it can't be faulted. Nothing is that far away in London but you won't want to drive ;) - Holborn tube just over the road so all good. They have a carpark also - but cheekily want to charge £25 per night for that privilege.
So - services wise I can't comment on as I worked nights so no breakfast for me. Amusingly they did call me one morning to let me know there was a do not disturb sign on my door. Genius.
Staff all friendly. Rooms bright and clean. Compact but hey you're in central London.
Good kitchen for the time you'll need it, supermarket opposite.
If I'm fussy - 21 inch TV is a bit small. Even in that room. And the bed was not comfortable at all. Sagging in the middle after one night.
Aside from that. Good enough for the money. No massive issues.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your feed back. I am glad to learn that overall you have enjoyed your stay and I am truly sorry for a couple of frustration you have faced, I will speak to my executive team to address them. I also would like to share with you that we offer larger flat screen TVs in our club and 1 bedroom apartments.
I sincerely hope you will visit us again, until then take care

Regards

Germana
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I have originally chosen this hotel on its closeness to the University of Arts and was pleasantly surprised by the overall quality.
We have stayed in a normal twin studio - the size of the room was more than adequate for London , it had a small nook with a kitchenette and the bathroom is a normal size for a London's hotel . The only thing I'd change was the light in the bathroom , a bit too dark for my liking .
It's surprisingly quiet inside and the mattresses were just the right shade of firm.
Location-wise it's surrounded by fast eateries and sandwich shops which do get busy in the mornings with the office crowd ( high holborn area is an office hub so expect plenty of people at rush hours). It's within easy walking distance of both covent garden and Tottenham court road ( where the Oxford street shopping starts ) . The strand, Leicester sq, restaurants and west end theaters are reachable by foot or a short taxi ride away.
We did not take the breakfast option at the hotel - as soon as you go into the side streets on the way to Oxford street or Covent Garden , there are plenty of cafes offering full English breakfasts for under five pounds.
I have to say that this hotel will definitely be one of the first ones I look up when visiting London .

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your most generous and encouraging feedback from your recent stay with us. We were truly delighted that we succeeded in creating a fantastic experience and that you have become such a fan of our service and amenities.

We sincerely appreciate your recognition and recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Second time here and the same conslusion: good location, nice design of the rooms but the hotel doesn't seem to be properly maintained. It's amazing how everyone complains about the same things (heating, beds etc.) and how they don't seem to be doing anything about it... I could summarise this as a reasonable hotel at an un-reasonable rate. As long as the company's paying for it, it is ok, but I would never chose it for my holiday hotel, due to the high price which do not reflect in the comfort ofered.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback.
Extremely sorry for the frustrations you experienced during your stay . I would like to share with you that we have this week changed over half of the mattresses and we are now looking into resolving the issues we are facing with tegh heating system.I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future when I would hope to meet with you personally.
With my best wishes,
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Location is very good; only two tube stops from King's Cross and easily walkable to Theatreland. Check-in was fine, room 433 looked fine upon first inspection. It's nice to have a sink, cooktop, fridge and cutlery/crockery.

Bed was not very good; we could feel the springs.

Next morning, upon showering, we found that the water temp was close to uncontrollable; hot water dangerously hot. The shower rod was loose on the wall and the shower head assembly could not be tightened so it slid up and down and also kept banging into the wall. The glass panel leaked water all over the floor. It was close to impossible to have a shower. In the middle of this, reception called the room and asked if everything was ok as the smoke detector had been triggered. The detector was located directly outside the bathroom door - genius design.

We complained about the problems with the shower upon checkout and were met with the 'Oh, sorry about that, so, everything ok then?'

Last time we stayed, the heat didn't work in the room.

This hotel looks the part but does not deliver. There was something wrong both times we stayed. We don't see a reason to return. For £140 per night, I can find something else that is conveniently located with a working shower.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank philhealing
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback.
I was so sorry to learn that you were unhappy with your recent stay and I would like to take this opportunity of offering you my personal apologies.I have taken note of your comments and have followed up with my Head of Maintenance regarding the issues you have faced. I am also aware that my assistant Paul Cahill has already contacted you privately to offer a service recovery gesture.
We would be delighted to welcome you back to Citadines prestige London when I would hope to restore your confidence in the Hotel. If you do decide to return, which I very much hope, please contact my office directly and I will personally ensure you are well looked after.
With warmest wishes,
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stayed beteen christmas and new year 2012 two rooms booked jr suites first rooms on 2 floor at back good view of office block next door very unhappy as room small and not like photos.
very expensive 290 pounds a roomx2 = 4 nights (time of year) poor value for money wanted room of a suite but got a room with little kitchen. Asked reception to please move to a better aspect ended up on 4 floor at the front much better for our needs at least it did have a couch and more room unfortunatly turnrd on bathroom light and shorted all power ! in our room so was moved to simalar room 408 was given a free b,fast to compensate eggs(boiled) and toast very poor glad i did not pay the eight pounds.
also for the five days we stayed there was only one lift working long wait to get to your room not acceptable at these prices.
To be fair as it is a french run hotel and all staff seemed to be french. Communication may have been a problem as we are Australian and sometimes the English dont understand us either
Also it was very busy time of year a peak period but better communication on us checking in could have solved a very bad situation.Left me feeling upset.
But on the positive once we settleted in the hotel. It is close to the station with many resturents close by
Good location with bit of a walk to covert garden and lester square but doable.
a special occcasion for me and my family was spoiled by poor choice in hotels expectations not reached for us very expensive failure.Better choices avalable in area.

Room Tip: Rooms at front much better aspect
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank whereswalshie
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at the Citadines prestige Holborn Covent Garden hotel, I appreciate the time you have taken to share your experiences on this site.

Naturally your comments are deeply concerning to both myself and my team, who all share a passion for great customer service. Please be assured your experience is completely incongruous, as many reviews on this site demonstrate. However one review such as this is one too many I am extremely embarrassed that your time with us was marred by so many issues.

It would be churlish of me to try to justify the situation; clearly we failed you as a guest.

I would like to apologize that you had such an unacceptable experience, as a first time guests to the Citadines we missed a vital opportunity to win your loyalty, I can only hope we have an opportunity to alter your current perception in the future.

Regards