Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London
$288
$279
Orbitz.com
1,462 results
All reviewscovent gardensmall kitchengreat locationapartment hotelbritish museumone bedroom apartmentself cateringtube stationpizza expresssofa bedpiccadilly linegood sizewest endminute walkcentral locationoxford circuscoffee machine
Reviewed January 19, 2013

A good hotel that is very central, which may be rare for London! As in Citadines Prestige in South Kensington, this self-catering hotel is very wellfurnished and decorated in a very modern way. The kitchenette is perfect for tea or light meals and the staff is very helpful. Very conveniently situated (especially if you travel from Stansted) it is close to major tube lines. The area is pleasant and very calm.

Room Tip: I always find rooms on the top floor quieter...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravellingLizzie09
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Thank you for your feedback.
So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us here at Citadines Prestige Holborn and you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. For your next visit consider booking through our own website where you will find the best deals including complimentary internet.
Thank you again for taking the time to comment on your stay.
With best regards,

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We recently stayed at the Citadines Prestige Holborn - Covent Garden for a couple of nights on our visit to London. The hotel is very nice and modern looking. Our room was very spacious and quiet and of course, had a cute little kitchen. I liked that the hotel is very close to the Holborn Station, which made it very easy for us to get around on the Tube. There is a Waitrose Market directly across the street for groceries and supplies for your room, which was also very convenient.

Now, for the problems we encountered. Our first night was very uneventful, but I think that they should have at least dusted the floor before we arrived. Our socks did the job for them I guess. All was well until the morning. While having coffee and getting ready to go out for the day, I heard a tap, tap, tapping noise. Upon investigation, I found that there was water dripping from multiple locations from the ceiling in the bathroom! It was coming out of the light fixtures and dripping all over the bathroom sink and floor. We called the front desk and they sent the handyman up after we had gone out. It did not happen again while we were there. The hotel bought us breakfast after this incident.

That same day, we returned to our room to find that there was a message for us on the telephone. I tried to use the instructions on the phone to get the message, but for some reason it did not work. I called the front desk to find out how to get the message and they had no idea at all how to help me. We never did get the message and the light stayed on the phone until we checked out. I was kind of upset that we had to call the front desk for problems twice already and we hadn't even been in the hotel for 24 hours yet at that time.

The next thing that happened was quite surprising. We were out for the day and came back to our room to have dinner. I noticed on the floor of the kitchen, in the middle of the floor, was a cigarette butt. I had read on some other reviews that certain hotel staff had done this to other guests, and then tried to charge the guests for smoking in the room. They actually brought a cigarette butt into the room and put it on the floor! Really???? There were none in our trash, so I don't how else it could have gotten in there. I immediately got on the phone and called the front desk, who connected me to housekeeping. Housekeeping apologized profusely and promised that this would not happen again and offered again to buy us breakfast. I couldn't believe that they tried to do this to us after reading about the trick on other reviews!

Overall, I would say that the room was very nice, the beds were comfortable, the location was perfect, and the kitchen was very nice to have, but I think they have quite a few things to work out at this hotel. Honesty being one of them. The front desk were clueless on how to help us get our message and didn't seem to know anything about the phone system or how to work it at all. But the cigarette trick was the real shocker for me. We paid top dollar for this room to stay in London for New Year's Eve and I feel that the problems that we received while at this hotel certainly did not warrant the money that we paid.

I might stay with them again, as the room was exactly what we wanted, and in a very good location, but I would be sure to tell them up front that the cigarette trick has been overplayed and is very unappreciated.

P.S. If you are using the TripAdvisor City Guide, the address for the hotel is INCORRECT. It is on High Holborn Street, not Holborn Street.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Echo711

Thank you for your feedback.
Extremely sorry for a couple of frustrations you experienced during your stay but so delighted you enjoyed your overall visit. I have noted the comments about the maintenance and cleanliness in the room and I will follow up with my executive team. I have also noted the Sigarette butt incident and I would be most grateful if you could call me directly to discuss further.

With my best wishes,

Reviewed January 2, 2013

It is perfect for a stay of a week or more. Convient to everything. The tube station is 1/2 block away and there is a grocery store just down the street. Staff is helpful and knows the area. ther is parking available for visiting guests.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and your comments really are appreciated. Our location is ideal for getting around in the city, but the best part of the hotel is the staff. Thank you for recognizing their efforts! We hope to see you soon!, We very much hope to welcome you back very soon and until then we send you our very best wishes

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on New Years eve. Chose the hotel for its location as it was within walking distance of the embankment after the fireworks had finished. The hotel did not disappoint in anyway. I booked the hotel with late rooms.com and upon checking in it turned out that our booking was not on the hotels system. The hotel did However have availability which was good otherwise things would have been very different. We were allocated a lovely room with plenty of room and storage. A very nice bathroom and kitchen too. Would definitely use this hotel again. Only one minute from Holborn tube station.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MinnieMansfield

Thank you kindly for bestowing us with your generous compliments in respect to our accommodations and amenities. We were truly delighted that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to Citadines prestige Holborn. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Germana Genovese

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Loved this apartment hotel. Neat rooms, clean bathroom, well equipped kitchen, awesome location and to top it all, what an amazing staff. Polite, extra helpful, friendly...and for someone who is not too familiar with the surroundings, they were a blessing. Well done!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Shareshtha

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your most generous and encouraging feedback from your recent stay with us. We were truly delighted that we succeeded in creating a fantastic experience and that you have become such a fan of our service and amenities.

We sincerely appreciate your recognition and recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the interim, we remain at your service.