Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
1,451 results
All reviewscovent gardensmall kitchengreat locationapartment hotelbritish museumone bedroom apartmentself cateringtube stationpizza expresssofa bedpiccadilly linegood sizewest endminute walkcentral locationoxford circuscoffee machine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This hotel is aesthetically very nice. Clean and modern. Missing most of the grundge that characterizes so many London hotels, even expensive ones. I liked the location and found it to be very convenient. The decor and services were good, including a 'round the clock coffee machine in the lobby. There is a small refridgerator and cook top, as well as a sink, in the kitchen area of the room. The room is good sized for london standards and the bathroom is very nicely appointed. The a/c works reasonably but not brilliantly. The big problem is that the mattress on the bed is the most uncomfortable I've slept on at a hotel. It's not really a spring mattress, it's more like a fouton and my back would actually touch the board below. All they need to do is put a spring mattress on the bed frame and they'd be fine. But, as it stands, it's extremely uncomfortable.

There is a laundry facility on the premises, for pay, that is extremely convenient. More hotels need to do that. Finally, loved the fact that the room's floors were not carpeted. A combination of laminate wood and tile make the room feel much cleaner than the typical dirty carpet of most hotels.

I highly recommend saving money and eating breakfast at the little food place near the tube station. It's got an odd name, that I cannot currently remember but it's right next to the Holborn tube and I got a full English breakfast for 5 pounds. The service was also very friendly there.

4  Thank mikeinla2
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback.
Extremely sorry for a couple of frustrations you experienced during your stay but so delighted you enjoyed your overall visit.I have noted your comment about the bed and I will follow up with my maintenance team.
I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future when I would hope to meet with you personally.
With my best wishes,

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Great location, close to tube and all the happenings of Covent Gardens. Room wasn't huge, but was all that was needed. Could have done with some draws to unpack clothes in, we stayed 5 nights. House keeping was good, came every day, even though the info given at booking said the rooms were only serviced weekly. They even washed our dishes. Nice view into a court yard of the adjoining offices. No traffic noise or noise from other rooms. Could hear people in corridor, but this wasn't an issue. Would stay here again as it made travelling around London very easy and we had some great meals and theater experience close by.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Margaret P

Dear Reviewer

Further to your recent stay at the Citadines prestige Holborn Covent Garden hotel I am in receipt of your feedback which you very kindly took the time to complete online.

It is immensely rewarding to read such a positive review and serves as a great motivator to the team here at the Hotel.

We strive to provide our guests with memorable experiences in the hope that they will return time and time again. I am very happy to read that this is exactly what you intend to do and look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Great location, 200 metres from Underground station. can walk to most theatres. wide variety of restaurants nearby. Room was clean, comfortable but not luxurious. We used the small kitchen and bought some great food and wine from Waitrose directly opposite the hotel.

1  Thank DAVID J
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you for your feedback.
So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us here at Citadines Prestige Holborn and you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. For your next visit consider booking through our own website where you will find the best deals including complimentary internet.
Thank you again for taking the time to comment on your stay.
With best regards

Reviewed September 23, 2012

The hotel is fantastic for its location, around 50m from the tube, many buses just in front of the hotel and 10 minutes walking to Covent Garden.

The staff was very helpful and friendly and the apartment was very clean.

The wifi is included in the price and it works very good.

I would stay again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank paguado69
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for your feedback which I was delighted to receive.
I am so pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us and how much you liked one of our rooms. Our location is ideal for getting around in the city, but the best part of the hotel is the staff. Thank you for recognizing their efforts! We hope to see you soon!
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Citadines prestige London Holborn in the near future.
With our very best wishes,

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Comfortable, well located, close to Covent Garden and Bloomsbury (British Museum just 5 mins) Tube 1 minute. Very helpful (but overworked) staff. Tip for breakfast - which they wanted £12 for. There's a Waitrose opposite!

Room Tip: Try an upgrade to 301 - with a sitting room
1  Thank vanilla99

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you are a fan of our residence and found our décor, guest accommodations and in-room amenities tastefully appointed. We are truly proud of our colleagues and I was pleased to learn that we were successful in providing you with friendly and intuitive service.

I am proud to learn that our colleagues were successful in providing you with a truly memorable experience. It is our goal to touch the heart and soul of each and every one of our guests and it was simply our pleasure to provide you with the personal attention you deserve.

regards