“Home from Home” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #380 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Royston, United Kingdom
“Home from Home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

I stay here on business every week normally for 2 nights, and have just passed my 1 year anniversary. I guess that in itself says a lot.

Initially I had some poor experiences but as I have got to know the hotel and staff, and them me, my requirements are now understood and normally met (good, clean, quiet room).

As a regular guest staying on corporate rates with a Goldpoints gold card, I am treated exceptionally well by all the staff I come into regular contact with. In particular, Kumar Mishra (front desk manager) goes out of her way to make me feel welcome.

The rooms I am allocated now are generally excellent, although during busy spells I am sometimes placed into some of the smaller rooms on the noisier side. The hotel has recently undergone a refurb and this has improved the rooms significantly.

The restaurant is very good and breakfast excellent. The hotel is also located very conveniently for the West End.

I would certainly recommend this to business and personal travellers alike. Some tips though, shop around for a decent price and ensure you ask for the room that meets your needs.

6 Thank GazzyE
KumarMishra, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2010
Dear Reviewer,

I think this is a huge accolade that you have reviewed us again after your previous visit earlier this year. I am pleased that you think we have worked on the issues you brought to our attention on your last visit and that you now enjoy your time with us.

I wish we are the 'HOME from HOME' for each of our guests, and would like you to candidly mention without any hesitation for any specifics that we could take care of - especially if this makes you feel even more comfortable with us.

I would like to also convey a special thanks for you to recognise my contribution and support to the team - however it is the front line who really want to ensure each of our guests are well looked after.

I trust our association would continue for many decades to come.

Kumar Mishra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

From the moment we walked into the hotel, the staff was offering to take our luggage to our room for us. The check-in was swift, and the staff was polite. The room was absolutely divine, from the linen presentation to the in-room refrigerator and television. Everything was clean, crisp, and proper. The beds were comfortable and warm. A wonderful amenity is the high-speed internet, which is absolutely free of charge. The Radisson Edwardian is in the heart of the city, with the British Museum down the street and the London Eye an approximate 10 minute bus ride. However, there is little street noise, which is indubitably not disturbing from the room. The best part of the hotel was, in fact, the staff. The concierge was helpful, calm, and accommodating; also, the other staff members were courteous and understanding. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
7 Thank laurenhigaaa
Dear Guest,

It is very heartening to read your words of appreciation for our staff. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us.

I trust you will not hesitate in recommending you to your friends and family for their future visits to London.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2010

We spent a long weekend at this Radisson Kenilworth, From the moment we arrived untill our departure the service from all staff was outstanding, from my experience they could not do enough to help their guests, Our room was great and comfortable, We enjoyed an evening meal in the hotel and felt that is was good value and the food was lovely. Overall for service and enjoyment in our stay I would say a big 5stars well done to everyone you made our trip fantastic

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
8 Thank Jockster2487
KumarMishra, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2010
Dear Traveller,

Firstly, thank you for your most pleasant comments. For a four star hotel to receive a five star service compliment, is definitely very flattering.

I am pleased that you and your friends not only enjoyed our room and service, but also the meal in our restaurant. Herein, you can always be sure to discover delicious modern British cuisine with influences from the Far East.

I hope on your next visit, you will allow us to once again impress you with our service in the hotel.

If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via the hotel.

Paisley, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2010

great location just off oxford street, easy access to tubes, lots of restaurants and bars nearby. lovely hotel, rooms with air conditioning which are very comfortable and I found them easy to sleep. the staff are very helpful and make you feel very welcome in this hotel. You are greeted when you arrive by friendly staff. I have had meals by room service and the restaurant and the food is fabulous. The rooms also have free internet & a free fitness centre. I have also used both these facilities and they really make staying in this hotel perfect. Highly recommended to all!

8 Thank weenikkib
KumarMishra, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2010
Dear Guest,

I can only say a big thank you for your kind words of appreciation. It is very encouraging to read such positive comments, and truly hope that you will rejoin us soon.

May be on this visit, you will have a moment to enjoy our pampering IN-ROOM SPA which I can only imagine will be the perfect end to your stressful day.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via the hotel.

UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

I think the hotel has had a harsh time from some people on this site, but I also feel the hotel lets itself down in some respects.

The single rooms are certainly small (or at least the one I stayed in, room 639), but they are not the coffins some would have you believe, and I have stayed in rooms that small in London before.

The single rooms are not suitable if you want to lounge in an armchair for hours, but they are perfectly OK as a central base to sleep, shower and change clothes. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioning (though noisy) kept the room pleasantly cool in a mini-heatwave. An extra pillow and towel in the room would have been nice.

My main concern is that the hotel is not quite on a par with the three other Radisson Edwardian hotels in which I have stayed. I've always previously felt that I've received more than my money's worth from Radisson Edwardians, whereas on this occasion I simply felt that I got what I paid for - nothing more, nothing less.

For example, everything in room 639 was clean and tidy, but it is a bit tired - the carpet needs replacing, the blind does not fully black out the light from the window, the shower head needs replacing, the TV sound in the bathroom does not work, and the 'do not disturb' light outside the door does not work. It's little touches like this that make the difference between a perfectly acceptable hotel stay and a really good one.

The only meal I had in the hotel was breakfast - again, it was perfectly OK but not out of this world. The staff I encountered at the hotel were all friendly, helpful and efficient.

In summary there was nothing wrong with my stay and I would certainly consider returning to the hotel if I got a good deal (it's in a great location), but I feel the Kenilworth is just not quite on a par with the other Radisson Edwardians I have experienced.

2 Thank sihowells
KumarMishra, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2010
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Kenilworth Hotel, on your recent visit to London.

We really appreciate your candid words, and have duly taken your suggestions on board. Whilst we are very pleased that mostly you had a comfortable stay with us, we would also like to add that the carpets in each room is being changed. We have also de-scaled the shower in your room, and the Do Not Disturb sign has been fixed as well.

If possible on your next visit to London, we hope you will revisit us again and allow us to rebuild your trust in our team.

On this visit, if possible please contact me via the hotel so that I can personally ensure that you are well looked after.

Stafford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2010

What a 'blooming' nice hotel! Situated in the most handy of places in Bloomsbury and just off Tottenhan Court Road the Radisson is just a delight. The service is wonderful, the staff, without exception, are superb and nothing is too much trouble. They seem genuinely pleased to see you whenever you meet them.

My room was lovely - I was travelling alone but had requested a double bed when I made my booking - and that's what I got, only bigger!
Beautifully appointed, clean and fresh - and cool because of the air conditioning (for which I was grateful when the temperature in London reached 31 degrees!) I had two of the best night's sleep I'd had in ages. An irrelevant point, but a nice touch, was the double-sized shower with two showers in it! Very accommodating ...
Complimentary glossy magazines, hospitality tray, safe, WiFi, flat screen TV and very nice bathroom products made for nice touches. There were plenty of electrical sockets and towels, iron and ironing board, trouser press and hairdryer. There was also the option of feather pillows in the room, which I loved.

Breakfast! Now there's a thing! What a feast! Fresh fruit and nuts, cereals, a Continental-style choice with meats and cheeses, croissants and breads - and if it's not there you can order it! But the pièce de resistance has to be the traditional English breakfast ... crispy streaky bacon, beautifully cooked home-cured bacon, black and white pudding, Cumberland sausages, chicken sausages, fried eggs, poached aggs and the most sublime scrambled eggs, etc, etc, etc. It's worth staying at the Radisson for the breakfast.

The tube is no more than three minutes walk away Close by on Tottenham Court Road is a bank with cash machines and Boots and Sainsbury's can supply the things you forgot to bring with you. The Dominion Theatre, the British Museum, Soho, dozens of bookshops and a fair few very nice pubs are all within a couple of minutes walk away. In fact the hotel is central to just about everything you want to see and getting about is really easy.

There was nothing to dislike. They've thought of everything.
I loved the Radisson Edwardian Kenilworth and I'll be back there soon.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
9 Thank BookWormStafford
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a few moments to recommend the Kenilworth Hotel to other travellers - this is the first time we have been described as the 'nicest' hotel - but hopefully not the last!! As you have highlighted, our breakfast offering is perhaps amongst the best in London - just what you need to set you up for a busy day in meetings, or simply exploring all that Oxford St has to offer!!

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel,

Kind regards,
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2010

My husband & I have stayed here many times and have always found the service and quality of the hotel to be first class. the staff were friendly and approachable and happy to do anything to make our stay a good one. We will always go back mainly due to its location fro soho and covent garden and would definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
9 Thank kazpackham
Dear Traveller,

My sincere gratitude for your wonderful comments regarding your recent visit to the Radisson Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel.

As you have mentioned, the hotel is ideally located for all aspects of London - especially the more exciting neighborhoods such as Soho, Covent Garden and Oxford St. With such an old building the bedrooms do vary in size, but this is more than made up with characterand charm!
I hope that next time you will be able to relax and enjoy afternoon tea as you watch the world go by!

If I can be of any assistance with regards to future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Kind regards,