“Forget 4* this hotel is a 1* hotel”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel
Ranked #396 of 1,063 Hotels in London
WARWICKSHIRE
“Forget 4* this hotel is a 1* hotel”
Reviewed November 24, 2009

I have stayed at the Radisson Edwardian Kenilworth for the past 6 years and this hotel used to be fantastic, in fact i would have classed it as a 5*.

Over the years the hotel has received alot of bad press ( on 'ITV 'Tonight' Programme which related to undercover investigations regarding the Raddison Edwardian Kenilworth cleaning practices i.e- dirty towels and linen to clean bathrooms and drinking glasses, using toliet brush to clean wash basin etc ) but i stuck by them thinking they made a major change to their working practices so lets be loyal and give them another chance.

Well, for the first couple of months staying at the hotel things changed. Now the hotel has gone down hill again. You maybe thinking how do i know? well i have stayed here so many times and have seen it with my own eyes.

The standards are shocking, the staff are rude, the rooms are unclean, the TV never has any reception, the windows in some rooms do not open (the staff say its because of health and safety- great if you like living in a prison).

Overall i think you need to think hard about staying here. You maybe thinking why do i stay here?

1) its beacuse it used to be a excellent hotel and i thought they may change.
2) because my firm has a contract with them (Which hopefully which change as i have given them a raft of issues when staying here-).

This hotel chain loves to take praise from its customers but struggles with criticism. Prime example just look at some of the positve responses it have received (on here) and the managment has responded. The negative responses left by customers never get a response (maybe they cant see them or wish to ignore them)

Radisson.......my advice (to Raddison and Mr Singh- owner of Raddison Chain) is to wake up!!!!!! and look at what is going on in your hotel (Get loyal users of your service to provide feedback not mystery shoppers to just have a glance). If you dont this will effect the brand and the reputation of your organisation (it already has with me- and the many others i will telling about my experience- worst hotel in London to stay at and i have stayed at many)

Customers reading this......overall the location is great (but their are other hotels in the location) but stay at another hotel until they have had an refubishment and a good clean or you will be paying the price of a 4* when you only should be charged for a 1*.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
6 Thank WWK_9
KumarMishra, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, December 29, 2009
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind and candid review.

Respecting the points you have brought to our attention, I am sorry that your experience in our hotel was so disappointing. Please note that we are currently undergoing a soft refurbishment and if you choose to give us another opportunity, surely your experience will be different.

Without much information on this channel, I am unable to investigate the points you have raised but if you wish to discuss these points please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Once again, many thanks for your time and the opportunity.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
ballycarry
Reviewed November 21, 2009

Stayed in this hotel for two nights with my wife: she was on a business trip and I just enjoyed myself. The de luxe room was huge, very well appointed and clean. Arriving quite late to book in staff were helpful and quick. The restaurant had a special offer and the staff there were terrific. The hotel was very secure with lots of staff around: this is important in London. Easy to get taxis from the door of the hotel.
The hotel is in Great Russell St: a very short walk to the British Museum, Oxford St, the West End and and five minutes walk to the New Palace Theatre, where we saw Priscilla Queen of the Desert (best show in town).
This hotel is not cheap, but all hotels in London are expensive. I thought it was good value for money.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
10 Thank BallycarryIrish
KumarMishra, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2009
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind and generous review.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, and hope that you give us an opportunity to welcome you back soon.

austin
Reviewed November 14, 2009

i have stayed at the kenilworth regularly since 1984 and have always found it very friendly and welcoming--convenient-good value--recently,due to the new manager and guest relations manager (karthik and kumar) -the level of service is even better-the rooms are great and there is always a friendly welcome-the concierge (usually colm) is always ready with tips and interested to hear what adventure one has had upon returning-i can't say enough about my good experience there!....beth placek ---austin,texas..usa

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
8 Thank borachoAustin
KumarMishra, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2009
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for staying at the Kenilworth Hotel, and sharing such a generous review. It is an understatement for us to acknowledge that we are delighted to read your positive comments.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

East Sussex
Reviewed November 12, 2009

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Radisson Edwardian Kenilworth hotel many times over the last 8 to 10 years, and every time is a great experience.
I am a professional musician, and travel the world, staying in many different hotels, but when in London, the kenilworth is always a warm friendly home from home.
As soon as I arrive the front desk staff are attentive, and charming. I must also sing the praises of their concierge Colm, who can't do enough for you.
The rooms are always clean and sumptious
The breakfast is wonderful
I can't praise it enough.
Liane Carroll

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
8 Thank Lianecarroll
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your most generous remarks about our hotel.

Your feedback is a great motivator to our team, and we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Whitehaven
Reviewed November 9, 2009

I had stayed in the park plaza on the embankment on business
recently, sobooked this room with confidence as the plaza was great and the Raddison is in the same group.

I have to say your hotel let us down badly -

Let me list my disappointment the hotel

1 - I found a ladies false nail on the carpet ( My wife never travelled with us !)
2 - I found guests hair on my sheet cover
3 - I found pubic hair on my bed sheet
4- The sheets didn't have the crisp feel of fresh sheets

We arrived at the hotel at approx 13:00 and went sightseeing in London
so didn't notice any problems until we returned at 9pm. I initially only noticed
the nail and called the manager, whom as an apology offered us
complimentary breakfasts, great I thought, however, some time later I got ready for bed
and then I noticed the hairs. I called the manager again and he moved us
to a different room - what struck me immediately was how clean it was, what differed was the crisp sheets and the cards left on the bed that confirmed the sheets had
been changed, our initial room however, did not have these cards and
comparing sheets in both rooms, in my view they were older looking and not crisp !.

This is simply unacceptable.

I had arranged this trip to show my daughter the sights of London,
unfortunately what should have been a excellent 4* hotel ended up
dissapointing and left myself and my daughter felling let down.

What is clear to me I was provided a room that looked like ts bed linen
changed and had a ladies false nail on the carpet and someone else's
hair & pubic hair on my bed sheets - hardly 4* treatment.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank 5030berty
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for staying at the Kenilworth Hotel and sharing your candid review.

Regrettably, your feedback is very alarming for a hotel of our reputation. We are very sorry that you were let down by the quality of service provided, however we would have appreciated if you had brought this to our attention whilst you were at the hotel. This would have most certainly given us the opportunity to ensure we thoroughly investigate the cause and extent of the points you have mentioned and offer you suitable alternatives.

Please allow me to reassure you that we take utmost care for every incident brought to our attention and especially to the points you have mentioned.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in not to distant future.

Hamar
Reviewed November 8, 2009

We stayed for 2 nights from Oct 17. Had one very small twin room, and one slightly bigger double. Hotel is very close to Brithish Museum and West End and Oxford Street. Nice polite staff. Underground from Heathrow to Holborn. Walking distance from this.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank amidtun
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind review.

We are very pleased to accept your balanced feedback. We hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you in one of our Spacious King Size Rooms on your next visit to London.

Ireland
Reviewed November 7, 2009

Having been so dissappointed with the Kingsways Hall Hotel (see my last review), myself and my husband decided to try The Radisson Edwardian Kenilworth for our return trip to London. Just off Oxford Street, this hotel offers a great location while also being set in a quiet peaceful area which is perfect for a good nights sleep after a busy day! On arrival we received a very warm welcome and were allocated a delux king room. The room was spacious and well furnished, the bathroom was very clean and included one of my favorites - a heated towel rail - very welcome after a long soak in the bath. I would agree that the TV service is limited but that was the only thing. We really enjoyed our stay in this lovely hotel and would highly recommend it!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
8 Thank SolusIreland
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Kenilworth Hotel.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and surely obliged that you have shared this experience to other visitors. We hope you will give us the opportunity to ensure you have another wonderful time with us soon.

mishrak@radisson.com